• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Soul of The Ninja V2.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: twojstaryjakcie
The Dark Soul of The Ninja V2.103 - requires a tester
Feel free to test it, I want to hear opinions

It has the system capable of being a monster killing grind or instead a castle destroy football after you killled the neturals in between the 2 castles. I upload specificaly to obtain opinion about it.
Contents

The Dark Soul of The Ninja V2.10 (Map)

Reviews
twojstaryjakcie
I'm sorry, but the map is extremely confusing, especially since you labeled it as Aeon of Strife / AoS, Co-op, Offense, Role Playing Game / RPG. However, I played for about 15 minutes and it feels like a WarChasers map with a PvP aspect added to it...
Level 8
I'm sorry, but the map is extremely confusing, especially since you labeled it as Aeon of Strife / AoS, Co-op, Offense, Role Playing Game / RPG. However, I played for about 15 minutes and it feels like a WarChasers map with a PvP aspect added to it more than anything else.
- The abilities and the whole Offensive/Defensive/Passive/Auto-cast/Ultimative(Ultimate?) routes of leveling seem very unclear - I think you should make some tutorial explaining what is going on, because right now, you're just thrown into the fray and you're most probably unsure of what's happening.
- Another big issue I have is the fact that your hero has a very small sight radius (it's super-frustrating, especially since you actually have greater attack range than your sight radius - I don't think this makes much sense), while hostile computer units have aggro and attack range high enough to be able to kill you without you even seeing them. Also, the stun abilities that hostile units have last far too long - I started attacking and I got stunned for at least 3 seconds while being constantly bashed by the creatures. Even though I had a potion of healing, I couldn't use it since I was stunned.
- The items seem pretty insignificant (most of them don't help you progress further or give you weak bonuses or summon unedited units from melee) plus they are dropped on death - why?).
- The map itself is flat and squarish, there isn't much going on for it.
- The mechanic of picking up cars, boulders, rocks etc. is interesting, but pretty glitchy.
I think that the map is pretty underwhelming, mostly because a player doesn't know what to do and when they finally try to accomplish something, they get stun-locked by the computer units.

I'm sorry, but the map is extremely confusing, especially since you labeled it as Aeon of Strife / AoS, Co-op, Offense, Role Playing Game / RPG. However, I played for about 15 minutes and it feels like a WarChasers map with a PvP aspect added to it more than anything else.
- The abilities and the whole Offensive/Defensive/Passive/Auto-cast/Ultimative(Ultimate?) routes of leveling seem very unclear - I think you should make some tutorial explaining what is going on, because right now, you're just thrown into the fray and you're most probably unsure of what's happening.
- Another big issue I have is the fact that your hero has a very small sight radius (it's super-frustrating, especially since you actually have greater attack range than your sight radius - I don't think this makes much sense), while hostile computer units have aggro and attack range high enough to be able to kill you without you even seeing them. Also, the stun abilities that hostile units have last far too long - I started attacking and I got stunned for at least 3 seconds while being constantly bashed by the creatures. Even though I had a potion of healing, I couldn't use it since I was stunned.
- The items seem pretty insignificant (most of them don't help you progress further or give you weak bonuses or summon unedited units from melee) plus they are dropped on death - why?).
- The map itself is flat and squarish, there isn't much going on for it.
- The mechanic of picking up cars, boulders, rocks etc. is interesting, but pretty glitchy.
I think that the map is pretty underwhelming, mostly because a player doesn't know what to do and when they finally try to accomplish something, they get stun-locked by the computer units.
You highlightened a bug (night sight needs increase) thanks for that.

Level 21
Played it for a little bit. My notes:

Swap mode hotkey doesn't work
Hotkeys in the spellbook you start with conflict. For instance, searing arrows and the damage boost both have R.
Cars are attached to the head instead of origin? (Oh, you can throw them. I thought it's a speed boost)
Leveling up abilities appears to do nothing to the abilities in the spellbook.
The stunlocking ents are annoying. No reasonable way to fight them.
Putting levels into ability slots that you don't have yet wastes that level entirely. When you do get an ability in that slot, it starts at level 1.
None of the abilities in the marketplace have any descriptions. Yet they have limitations that I will only know when I already spend the gold.
Lots of stuns on most of the enemies. You should reduce the duration of stuns or at least make it so that enemies in some areas don't have them. Fighting in melee is pretty much impossible and even when ranged there are far too many opponents that can simply root you.
Make it so you can at least always use level 1 abilities from the marketplace. The way it currently works is annoying because trying to buy abilities you know nothing about has a high chance of those abilities simply disappearing.
Too few ways to regenerate other than running back to base. It's a waste of time, because the enemies will always wear you down no matter how well you play.

Also, I think you should have a better description in the hive for your map. Looking at the description it's not clear what is good about the map, so people will be hesitant to try it.
Some points that you should mention:
*You can pick your own abilities.
*Enemies have random abilities? (Not sure, but it seemed so)
*You can throw stuff you find on the ground.

I think this map would benefit from a wider variety of abilities and items. Right now the items only give stats, which do very little considering most of your damage comes from searing arrows. Adding 5 damage when you're already doing over 100 per hit is very little. Items that change your playstyle would be especially good.
Also, if you can, you should make actual custom abilities. Right now all I saw was object editor abilities with very similar effects to how they normally work. Only a few stats were different and the only noticeable one was that all stuns last too long when considering that they can be used against you.
Quality-wise, you should always look at the tooltips. Try to ignore everything you know about the map and instead think like literally the only things you know were from what you are seeing at the moment. Many things were confusing not because the mechanics are complicated, but because they are simply not explained at all or are explained poorly.

Level 21
Not very high sadly. If 5 were a moderately fun map with no major flaws, then this would be 3-4.
The map needs work, but I think it has potential if you fix the bigger issues. Atm it's a lot about stats and not much about tactics.
Well, not that I'm happy with my own maps either. Brute Wars especially needs lot of work.