• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Forgotten Realm

Story
These lands were scarred during the invasion of the Burning Legion, yet now
this place is but a memory and a graveyard of all who sought to protect it.

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
6 8 2

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines

• Map uploaded

Final entry for the Melee Mapping Contest 1v1
Contents

The Forgotten Realm (Map)

Reviews
Pinzu
I like how it looks aesthetically speaking. But when it comes to the design there is an issue with everything of value being positioned around the edges. It makes it so things are less contested and makes for very predictable gameplay outcomes. Creep...
deepstrasz
Terrain is pretty much flat. Other than that, it's OK. Approved. ==================================== Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) If you want more reviews, come here: The Grand Review Exchange!
Level 29
Hello there I was looking your map, very nice terraining and eviroment. For the moment I only spoted one thing

you puted goldmine expanding creeps in camp mode see what happens in the image when you do that
upload_2017-10-28_10-37-57.png

the spiders have a 200 range in camp, so they wont get you, look the ingame image the spiders are still.
with that you can expand and kill the spiders later

thats all, again really nice map

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
I like how it looks aesthetically speaking. But when it comes to the design there is an issue with everything of value being positioned around the edges. It makes it so things are less contested and makes for very predictable gameplay outcomes. Creep A, B, C, and then attack. The worst offender of this is the melee map Moonglade (2v2 & 3v3), if you've ever played it you will probably agree that it was the most boring map ever available on BNet, and it's good to think of what made it so. Not that this map is directly comparable to that map.

Also when you place things around the edges you generally make it safer for the player that is closest to that camp, especially if they are nearby. You wan't the risk to be proportional to the reward it offers the player. The biggest breaker of this rule is the red camp which you placed next to the players base. In fact, it's so close people can probably creep it by tower pulling. But putting that aside, there is almost 0 risk of creeping it, and very high rewards once you have a large enough army.

Also when you place the Goblin Merchant on the Edge you add a cost aspect to geting standard items such as boots of speed and reduce the pace of the game. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but it is worth keeping in mind. Having the tavern in the center is a good idea though.

Last edited:
Level 29
This is just a sugestion take it or throw it to the recycler, If thi map were mine I would do this, put the red creeps in the edge mines and put a couple of goldmines alineated with the center and defended with orange creep , were you put the trees in that way you can expand to the center and to the edge , as I see your map has the posibility of add more things

Last edited by a moderator: