• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign: Sentinel 03

Sentinels Campaign: Terror of the Tides
Based on the work of The-Spoon and Blizzard Entertainment.

Chapter Three: The Tomb of Sargeras
"Moments later, just inside the entrance of the shadowed tomb, Maiev and her Watchers brace themselves for an ambush."

General Changes: Features Warden Saithis as the second hero. / Features a shared powerups system. (See Useful Links for more information.) / The Shadow Orb has been rescaled to allow an even division between the two heroes. (See Useful Links for more information. / You can choose from two difficulties: Normal and Insane.

Insane Mode: Many runes are removed or replaced with less powerful ones. / Some creeps are replaced with more powerful ones. / Illidan's Naga have more powerful upgrades. / Death Coil (Skeletal Orc Champion), Chain Lightning (Stormreaver Necrolyte), Mana Burn (Felhound) and Cripple (Doom Guard) are enabled.

Important Information: The 2 Player Campaign is a concept first brought to Warcraft III by The-Spoon. The idea is to convert the original maps of Blizzard Entertainment so that it can be played by two people. The-Spoon, however, only wishes to complete the Reign of Chaos campaigns. Therefore, I have decided to do the Sentinel campaign.

Useful Links: You can view the full list of credits here. / You can read the complete list of systems, mechanics and commands here. / If you want to be notified automatically when a new map of the 2 player campaign is released, subscribe to the thread found here.
This version recognizes the loading codes generated by version 1.00 maps as valid. / The heroes' levels, stats and skills are now displayed at the start and end of the map using a Multiboard. / Saithis now has an ultimate. / Twilight Guardian now lists its damage and hit point values correctly. / Saithis' hotkeys finalized. (Blade Shield; Shift; Summon Twilight Guardian; Maiden of Pain) / A severe issue that allowed players to skip cinematics prematurely has been fixed. / The maps now use a higher resolution map preview so as to look better when uploaded to the Hiveworkshop.
A serious issue that caused Warcraft III to crash upon acquiring a Shadow Orb has been fixed. / 'The Shadow Orb' quest now uses a Multiboard to display the number of pieces you collected instead of a Leaderboard. This will also block significantly less percentage of the game window.
14 April, 2011
A minor cosmetic adjustment to when the game begins.
22 May, 2011
Blade Shield now spawns correctly. / A typo in the learn tooltip of Blade Shield fixed. / Maiden of Pain replaced by Eclipse. / Twilight Guardian reworked. / Saithis has a new icon. / A load code issue fixed. This will not render your codes obsolete.
Special thanks to indomitable1319!
14 July, 2011
Shadow Orb value rescaled from 50/100/200/300/350/400/550/700/900/1250 to 125 per level. (Sells for 62.5 per level.) / Fixed a serious bug that could cause Maiev or Saithis to disappear if a cinematic was skipped at a certain time. / Fixed a serious bug that could cause the load code to not store all of your items or spawn incorrect items. / Fixed a serious issue with Twilight Guardians that could sometimes create permanent units. / Summons can no longer be raised by Twilight Guardians. / Fixed a number of visual and audio glitches and problems.
Special thanks to KhalanDuriant!
7 October, 2011
Fixed a serious bug that could cause Saithis to remain paused after a cinematic. / Gul'dan no longer has an inappropriate hero glow.
Special thanks to Skasian!
14 August, 2013
Updated the lobby interface to better show which heroes you'll be playing.
3 January, 2019
Fixed crashes at the beginning and end of the game on newer patches.

Keywords:
2, two, player, campaign, terror, of, the, tides, sentinel, campaign, chapter, three, the, tomb, of, sargeras
Contents

2P Campaign: Sentinel 03 (Map)

Reviews
11:38, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 1
Hey cool map but theres a small bug, when i or the 2nd player in the game picks up the first part of the shadow orb warcraft crashes with a fatal error, this happens with any shadow orb piece that we have found. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the map or something different but i would appreciate it if you had a look at it.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey cool map but theres a small bug, when i or the 2nd player in the game picks up the first part of the shadow orb warcraft crashes with a fatal error, this happens with any shadow orb piece that we have found. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the map or something different but i would appreciate it if you had a look at it.

Confirmed.

Level 18
This bug is now resolved and the map is updated to version 1.01b.

EDIT: The map preview does not show on the Hiveworkshop properly. I tried uploading the map again. This may be due to the update and may or may not get fixed on its own later on. Anyways, this bug is only present here. The map preview will work properly when the map is opened in Warcraft III.

Level 2
Keep it up

Keep up the work!
Btw are u gonna b doin the orc one?( Rexxar )
Also Lookin forward to Blood elf though its gonna be some time

Level 18
I do not know yet. I was asked by TheSpoon to complete the Sentinel campaign and I am dedicated to doing just that at the moment. I have, however, spent a fair amount of time planning how the Blood Elf campaign would work, hero distribution wise and such and I will perhaps do that.
I have seen TheSpoon stating that he would do the Founding of Durotar. Even if he will not do that in the end, I would only ever start working on that one if all three regular campaigns were done and that's a long way from here.

By the way, although it's not approved yet for some reason, the fourth chapter is also complete. Actually, the fifth one is also nearing completion. (It's basically the AI and a mini-boss fight I will add that's still missing.)

EDIT
This map is now updated to version 1.03.
Read the changelog for the complete list of changes.

As always, feel free to contact me via PM or on the hosted project forums to tell me your suggestions and feedback.

Last edited:
Level 2
2p clan

hey all you guys im going to be making a 2player campagin clan whiper to me on us east my name is dethoroc.when you first log onto battle net go to channel 2p.And Tell Your Friends to go to because when i have lots of people in channel 2p ill make the clan

Level 2
Possible Changes:
  • Give player 2 a huntress type unit that is also capable to casting 'Sentinel', that way if player 1's Naisha dies it is still possible to get all 10 pieces of the shadow orb. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is when you get to the end with 9 pieces and realise you cannot reach the 10th.
  • Implement a '-exchange' command like TheSpoon did, so that way if players desire, one can have all the ranged support units while the other takes the melee/dps ones. More teamwork and communication this way = more fun.

Bugs:
  • After the CUTSCENE where Gul'dan first see the shadow of Sargaras behind blue flames (i.e. his lost all his minions and is dying). This is the scene after killing the custom boss "Gonogassh' or something. When the scene plays and finishes, Saithis (player 2's hero) is locked and cannot move/be controlled! Saving/loading or sharing control does not fix this. Hero is unusable and the next part in the swamps has to be played with just 1 hero! (can be a bit challenging). The bug fixes itself upon the next cutscene playing (where Lady Vashj appears).

Overall:

• A great map with a great remake, let down by the bug mentioned above.

Level 18
First of all, a big thanks for these much needed reviews. I see the devotion in you that I have for TheSpoon's maps and that's a great thing. However, I ask you to post bugs and reviews in the hosted project forums found here. It is much easier to keep track of what I've fixed and what I changed if it is in one place. It would also eliminate the need for six seperate discussions and constantly repeating myself.

Actually, Player Two does get a Huntress. Player One starts with Maiev, Naisha and 1 Archer, Player Two start with Saithis, 1 Huntress and 2 Archers. You probably lost her along the way.
Even if I did implent -exchange, I'm not sure if I would enable it for this map. (Also, you can't trade units using -exchange on the third human mission in TheSpoon's maps, which is a sort of crawler like this one.)
My reasoning is that I want both players to micromanage their units to the best of their ability. I do not want you to keep such vital units on one player like Druids of the Claw or Talon or Dryads. Their abilities, Rejuvenation, Cyclone, Dispel Magic are extremely important to complete this map and I want both players to handle at least some of them during a battle. This is what makes the map feel co-op. If I allowed the exchange of units, you could have all units on one player and the other using just one hero. That does not feel cooperative at all, one player would be doing all the work.

Level 2
Fair enough I see your point of view.

If you were however to implement a difficulty of 'easy' as you mentioned in a different thread then it might be an idea to enable -exchange.

Still I hope you can address the problem of the 'Bug' i mentioned. I will reopen all my comments in the Bug forum as you suggested