• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign: Orc 08

Reactions: Kirito1335

2P Orc Campaign : The Invasion of Kalimdor

Created by Gismo359. Uploaded by TheSpoon.

Chapter 8: By Demons Be Driven

"Three days later, near the edge of the Barrens..."

Version: 2.8
Extra Score: Number of Warsong Main encamptments destroyed.

Map Info

This is a continuation of TheSpoon's 2 Player Reign of Chaos Campaigns.
There you can also find the expansion campaigns developed by McQvaBlood.

It is an attempt to recreate the experience of the Warcraft 3 campaigns
by allowing you to play with a friend, using save/load codes
to load data between chapters.

General Changes

Has compatability with TheSpoon's previous maps's save code.
Two player compatability.
Nazgrel War Seer added as an enemy hero.
Players can exchange gold/lumber and some units/buildings.
Stronger AI for the Warsong clan.
Score system.

Insane Mode

No defensive towers in starting base.
Fel Stalkers replaced with Fel Ravagers.
More Doom Guards guarding Grom.
Stronger creeps.
Less starting resources.
Even stronger AI waves.

Change Log

1. Uploaded

1. Uploaded the correct map.
    2. Implemented new AI.
    3. Started score system.

1. Fixed the save/load system so it works with TheSpoon's.
    2. Finished up the score system.
    3. Used Chaosy's GetLocalPlayer system to properly reset players' camera during one of the cinematics.

1. Removed some unused/unneeded triggers.
    2. Added stronger creeps in Insane mode.
    3. The AI now attacks and trains units as normal.
    4. Reduced starting resouces in Insane mode.
    5. Fixed the tech buildings not working for other player.
    6. Fixed some tooltips and names so they are according to RoC.

1. Tried to fix the crash when Nazgrel uses his Meteor Strike abillity. - Reverted because it was not the cause.
      2. Fixed tooltips.
      3. Some other bugfixes.

1. Fixed the crash issue.

1. Fixed starting gold mines' gold.
    2. Fixed bug where peons can drop off resources after Great Hall/War Mill is destroyed.
    3. Now all (I think) tooltips correspond to the ones in RoC.

1. Made one of the AI's stronger.
    2. Minor changes.
    3. The AI now attacks and trains units as normal.
    4. The Soul Gem goes on a 300 second cooldown if used on Nazgrel.
    5. Cairne no longer transfferes lumber instead of gold.'
    6. More tooltips changed according to RoC techtree.

1. Added more guards in Insane mode.
    2. Other bugfixes.

1. Fixed issues regarding the Soul Gem.
    2. Tweaked Grom's guards.

1. Fixed more issues regarding the Soul Gem.
    2. Exchanging works properly now.
    3. Other minor stuff which I cant recall at the moment.

1. Winning the game no longer shows up a defeat message.
    2. Other minor bugfixes.

1. Fixed some triggers, which somehow got disabled again.
    2. Other minor bugfixes.

1. Fixed the Soul Gem cough again cough, now you can only use it on Grom.
    2. Fixed dark green's ai - the wrong one was running every single time.
    3. Redid some systems to match those in the night elf chapters.
    4. Gave dark green a blademaster hero to increase dificullty a bit(hopefully not too much).
    5. Nazgrel has a new ability.
    6. Some other minor changes.

1. Fixed the Doom Lord's Inferno ability - it was spawning the wrong kind of infernals.

1. Fixed the Soul Gem, sign again - it now works properly on Grom.

1. Fixed a sound issue.

1. Improved resource/unit exchanging and research/tech sharing.
    2. Peons now return resources to ally buildings.
    3. Enemy heroes now have Phat Lewts.
    4. Improved enemy heroes' stats.

1. Game no longer crashes when a player selects his own Barracks or Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress.
    2. Cinematic skipping now works properly.
    3. You can no longer see units/terrain on the minimap after the game ends (player leaves, victory, defeat).

1. Fixed cinematic skipping
    2. Map is now cleared properly when the game ends

Credits

Special Thanks:
  1. TheSpoon for starting the project.
  2. Blizzard for making Warcarft 3 and the campaigns.
  3. The Hive for being awesome <3.

Keywords:
Co-op, campaign, by demons be driven, orc chapter 8
Contents

2P Campaign: Orc 08 (Map)

Reviews
19:29, 13th Sep 2014 Orcnet: The continuation of the user's 2 player man campaign is quite awesome and I like how you add more of the story, although I couldn't much tell more about the addition of the other player and how the story will go...

M

19:29, 13th Sep 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

The continuation of the user's 2 player man campaign is quite awesome and I like how you add more of the story, although I couldn't much tell more about the addition of the other player and how the story will go but anyhow this gives in a nice part for the story of the game.

Level 12
Tested it without save code with some random on B.net, normal difficulty.

During the play through no attack waves were sent and I don't even think any units were made besides the infernals that spawn.

Unless the infernals spawned in the base they would not attack until provoked.

From what I can tell there is no AI present.

Also after a while the game crashed, for no apparent reason, without an error report. idk if it were related to the map but it happened.

Things that may not be bugs but I think are noteworthy:

In RoC there is no magic attack and pierce deals bonus damage against heavy, this means that spellcaster units can attack infernals in the normal campaign and also deal bonus damage to boot.

Watch towers and orc burrows have fortified armor, together with the pierce bonus against heavy this makes the static defense tactic much more viable in the normal campaign.

Orc's have catapults and not Demolishers.

I think grunts cost 235 gold in RoC.

Level 19
From what I can tell there is no AI present.

I tested and none of the AI's were working, not even the blizzard ones. I'll try what you suggested in the forums.

Also after a while the game crashed, for no apparent reason, without an error report. idk if it were related to the map but it happened.

When did it crash? Also was by any chance at the infernal cinematic? It is possible for it cause desync in Bnet, although it worked without a crash or desync in lan.

In RoC there is no magic attack and pierce deals bonus damage against heavy, this means that spellcaster units can attack infernals in the normal campaign and also deal bonus damage to boot.

I may consider doing it like that too, but I'd prefer not to because those werent changed in TheSpoon's maps.

Watch towers and orc burrows have fortified armor, together with the pierce bonus against heavy this makes the static defense tactic much more viable in the normal campaign.

Again, same as the above. I dont think the armor would make a big difference because the only thing that doesnt deal chaos damage is the catapult. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Orc's have catapults and not Demolishers.

I did change the model and the icon but I guess I forgot the name and tooltip.

Level 12
Again, same as the above. I dont think the armor would make a big difference because the only thing that doesnt deal chaos damage is the catapult. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah right, chaos orcs got chaos dmg, my bad.

About the desync, I don't think it was because of the infernals since that would mean that it was working fine for atleast 20 minutes until it happend and there weren't even a crash report so I'm not sure it was cause of the map itself.

I'll test again when you get the AI to work and update if it happens then.

Level 19
Oh yeah right, chaos orcs got chaos dmg, my bad.

About the desync, I don't think it was because of the infernals since that would mean that it was working fine for atleast 20 minutes until it happend and there weren't even a crash report so I'm not sure it was cause of the map itself.

I'll test again when you get the AI to work and update if it happens then.

I fixed the AI, I'll upload the map after I fix some other minor bugs.
The AI was causing the infernal not to attack too, so thats fixed.

Level 12
Tested it again on normal difficulty on bnet.

The AI works now.

Again the game crashed after a while in, as soon as I encountered Nazgrel and an Infernal were summoned. If it's nazgrel that summoned it or if it's even related at all idk.

I think that the last time i got further so maybe it had to do with me playing slower this time and it's just something that happens after a while (don't know how long I played since I don't get replay because war3 crash) but it was also while I were on my way to Grom through purple's base.

Level 19
I'll try figure it out as soon as I get home.

Edit: First of all, sorry for the long wait.
I figured out what was causing the crash - Nazgrel's meteor abillity didnt have a unit to summon, and its based off infernal so it crashed the game. I tried a fix for it but I havent tested it. I'm really bad at this and I'm testing on 2 computers alone. I barely survived on normal with loaded items so I dont know how hard it will be on insane. It also took me about 1 hour to get to him. I'll be uploading it shortly.

Edit2: NVM what I said about the meteor abillity, it was his flame blades one. Because the raw codes in the map got messed up it ended up giving him a spellbook with itself as an abillity. Re-uploading.

Last edited:
Level 19
Anyone know if these issues are fixed?

There are a few issues, but none of them are major. They involve wrong messages being shown when exchanging, and War Mills not sharing resource drop-off after doing so. The major issues stated by Death Adder have been fixed and I havent experienced anymore. The AI may need some balancing though, dont know how hard it will be for 2 players. I tested on LAN with a second computer and I barely held off on normal, but its doable and I cant really test now because the storm broke my internet providers cables, and my router doesnt create a network without a connection(either that or its broken as well). My only access to the internet is via mobile internet on my phone D:

Level 19
I only asked because we have a local youtuber who will be catching up to this chapter soon, it would be nice to have these fixed.

Yeah, I've beem watching Wtii and Azothan before they even started the campaign(I'm assuming you were talking about them). Honestly, I didnt know TheSpoon had stopped doing the campaigns before they said it in one of the streams. Sadly I wont be able to see the video soon D:
I hope everything goes well.

Level 16
Yeah, I've beem watching Wtii and Azothan before they even started the campaign(I'm assuming you were talking about them). Honestly, I didnt know TheSpoon had stopped doing the campaigns before they said it in one of the streams. Sadly I wont be able to see the video soon D:
I hope everything goes well.
Should I tell him to hold off on playing that map with the issues?

PS - have you contacted the other author yet who is still actively making the TFT 2p Campaign?

Level 19
Should I tell him to hold off on playing that map with the issues?

PS - have you contacted the other author yet who is still actively making the TFT 2p Campaign?

I think its in a playable state. The problem is very minor, they hardly ever exchange units and I dont think they even know you can share resource drop off, and the messages are only visual.
As for the other question, no I havent because of my internet issues (which got fixed - long live my neighbour's internet router). I know McQvaBlood said he will be working on the BE campaigns in the summer which means that either he has started work on them already, or he will be doing so very soon. I will be asking him about updating the main 'Download the campaign' post, but I've been waiting for this to get approved or atleast reviewed by a moderator.

Level 2
Minor bug: if you catch grom, then let your own troops kill you (you know it happens in coop :p) Then the soulgem stops working. instead of aiming after I click it, it generates cooldown, and is inactive for 60sec. I need to load. With that said. Perfect campign. Maybe, just maybe. It could be harder. Compared with 06 where wyverns dare. Which was nearly impasable. That was piece of cake. I literally killed Grom on Insane Mode.

Level 1
I spent a couple hours playing this with my brother, when we finally had enough towers in base to kill the spawning infernals, destroyed western base, and reached Grom... Soul Gem did not work on him... we spent like 20 minutes fighting him (tauren & healing wards) until Jaina's base got destroyed and we lost. There must be a bug/glitch with th Soul Gem.

Level 19
Ah, thanks for the report - the idea was to make thrall stop when he tries to use the soul gem on a hero other than Grom(which cancels the whole thing). I had forgot to add the check, so it doesnt do that when the target is Grom, whoops. Uploading a fix in a couple of minutes.

Level 1
If you are considering doing a 9th chapter to this campaign like the spoon did at the end of the 2p Human campaign? If so it could be about Grom and Thrall fighting Mannoroth in the the canyon. It could be a simi-dungeon crawl map with the 2 heroes + a few units. You could have several boss fights where Mannoroth appears and then leaves again when you defeat him.

Anyways that was just my ideas about the possibility for an Orc 09 but if you're not up for it that's totally fine.

Level 5
As soon as I pass my 10-days waiting for the right to rate maps, I will give you a 5/5 since I love all of these 2P campaign maps, and this is one of the best RoC missions.
However I would really appreciate it if the Infernal spam was toned down, me and my friend played it 5 times on normal difficulty and we just get wrecked by too many Infernals, once we made it about 30 minutes and though that we will win, but then we just got wrecked!! :/
Also the humans should be less useless XD they should go out and attack a bit more, and simply be at least as competent as the fel orcs AI.
(so yeah lol, we still haven't passed the mission, tough I passed it in singleplayer without major problems a long time ago)

Level 19
The humans never did a lot against the orcs even in single player. I may try to make them a bit usefull but most of their units dont stand a chance versus the chaos orcs. Ill make them rebuild the towers probably.

Also, I havent touched the infernals. They spawn in the same way they spawn on singleplayer hardmode (because the 2nd player kind of evens it out). I will probably be tuning them down a bit because it gets very hard when you have no towers on insane mode.

Level 5
Ok we managed to win now. :p But it was very hard (maybe I could pin it on my ally who insisted to build grunts even tough I told him to go for tauren warriors, while I go for wyrens xD). But still there was a ton of "WTF millions of InfernalZZ dis is impossible" moments, my allies base was destroyed, he had only Bloodhoof and 1 grunt left, mine was still standing kinda but the wyren riders saved the day and Grom was finally purged from demon influence. (now if we only didn't get the "Blah uninstall the game" score... xD)

Level 2
Dear Gismo. Please do not reduce infernalns. At least not at insane. Players used to making shitload of towers are totally used to them. You might change their armortype so that they would be more fragile to piercing attacks (as it was in reign of chaos.) And maybe add different daemons to attack players. That would be at least more interesting.

Level 2
We still experience desyncs regularly at around 5 minute mark (not right before/after any cinematic) and it's always humans that desync. Hosting with ghost++

Level 1
This map is fucking awful. Terrible fucking hard on NORMAL difficulty, seriously everything in this map is broken.
-60 limit is low
-upkeep coming too fast
-not enough gold
-goldmine is unprotectable
-enemy soldiers more powerful
-no upgrades, only level1
-my witch dotctor didnt got the healing ward so i cant heal
infernals are dropping JUST ONTO MY PEONS.
-turrets are worthless
-orc base cant be beaten even with double limit forces, while enemy backstabs us
-and the most irritating and unbelieveable shit thing, when we finally got that stupid grom's soul, HUMAN JUST DIED
-NOBODY EVER SAID WE HAVE TO DEFEND THOSE IDIOT HUMANS. THEY HOLD THEIR LINE FOR 1 HOUR AND THEN THEY JUST DIED? THEY STILL HAD BUILDINGS, WTF MAN THIS IS SO UNFAIR, not enough this is the hardest map ever, stupid humans must be protected too?? well this is a fucking torture

Another unfair shit: Grom hellscream and his deamon friends killing my army while the game pauses and cutscene goes on :))))))))

Level 2
Lol. You are some hardcore case Of noob. You needed a stroke to fail at normal. It was insultingly easy. Insane was too easy.

Level 1
i played the single player campaign on hard and it was easy, this map's "normal" was 50000000 times harder you extreme case of narcissistic retarded dipshit if it was so easy why blizzard's "hard" was 5000 times much easier? go play insane and keep normal for the "extreme noobs" you nazi asshole

Level 2
The game crashing every time after the cinematic at the start of the game and wc3 quit for one of the player. We tried to skip the load but it doesnt help either. Mostly it happens when we going to click on the great hall, but it also happened when you click on a move action for the first time.

Level 1
I can confirm that V2.6 crashes right after the cinematic, whether skipped or not (both players). I'm using TFT patch V1.27A if that makes a difference. Also, I'm actually developer myself, and due to my impatience I'll try and fix the issue :). If I get anywhere, I'll post a reply.

Last edited:
Level 1
I can confirm that V2.6 crashes right after the cinematic, whether skipped or not (both players). I'm using TFT patch V1.27A if that makes a difference. Also, I'm actually developer myself, and due to my impatience I'll try and fix the issue :). If I get anywhere, I'll post a reply.

So far from my discoveries:
- A crash will occur if the first two actions that are in the set WS Cash trigger (the one that sets the Warsong clan's resources to 2000) are executed
- Oddly enough, also occurs when setting Player 4's resources instead of the variable
- Does not occur for the other two actions for the Total Resources
- A crash will occur when selecting a Stronghold, and Barracks
- Oddly, only happens if the player owns them. Does not crash if another player owns it. Made me think could be a sound issue, as I was not able to hear it when clicking on it before the crash for my units

I have been testing this on single player through World Edit, and managed to bypass a lot of multiplayer triggers to test and isolate these issues

Things I have tried that did not resolve the issue:
- Recreating the Warsong variable
- Reset Game Constants (both menus)
- Reset the units in Object Explorer (Stronghold, Barracks)
- Turned off all triggers (still Barracks and Stronghold crashes)

Things to try:
- Recreate the map from the extracted MPQ contents (if anyone knows a simpler way to recreate a (possibly?) corrupt map, please feel free to notify me :))
- Find tools to determine an actual stack trace or crash dump for the game (still looking; suggestions for this will help as well)

If I find anything else, I'll let you guys know!

Last edited:
Level 19
Thanks for the detailed report! I did not encounter a crasb when the AI receives its resources, but I did resolve those from clicking the Barracks or Town Hall/Stronghold/Fortress. I also found that the cinematic skipping doesnt work properly (at all, even), and that has been fixed though I never saw a crash or desync.

Level 1
Thanks for the detailed report! I did not encounter a crasb when the AI receives its resources, but I did resolve those from clicking the Barracks or Town Hall/Stronghold/Fortress. I also found that the cinematic skipping doesnt work properly (at all, even), and that has been fixed though I never saw a crash or desync.

Thanks Gismo! I'll test it later today when I can, and let you know how it goes. I am kind of curious what the issue was with those buildings though, was it a JASS issue or something else? I couldn't figure out how to fix that for the life of me haha. Fingers crossed that the trigger won't crash for me anymore either :)

Level 1
Just tested. All known issues mentioned above seem to be working now :D. Thanks for taking the time to fix that, I know you're busy with other things :)

Level 7
As I think It's a finished map, I will report two bugs I've found.

- Defense Upgrade on the War Mill can't go Up to 3, it ends on 2.
- The Catapults icons are correct, but both ours and the fel orcs catapults have demolishers models.