• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle For Village

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Credits:
Multiboard by: trebla ratilla
Bandit Lady (Both Model and Icon)(Icon not used on Nora)Made by: Cavman
Bandit Crossbowman Made by: Wandering Soul
Bandit and Brigand Made by: Direfury
Crystallya.blp (Both skin and Icon) by: Apheraz Lucent
CannonNaval by:Mechanical Man
Encampment by: Kitabatake
BTNBanditWizard (Icon) by:Marcos DAB
BTNChaplain (Icon) by:Blizzard Entertainment (Don`t belive he is real user but still rules)
BTND3Barbarian (Icon) by:Kuhneghetz,Mr.Goblin,Dan van Ohllus (Couldn`t find his acc)

Battle between 4 factions.Who will win?Who will fall?

This is my first serious map project.And it is literally inspired by this model Bandit Lady by Cavman. I first intended to make this map be an fight between 4 bandit Clans:
Nora`s bandits (Player 1)
Johana`s bandits (Player 2)
Oscar`s Bandits (Player 3)
Roland`s Bandits (Player 4)
But that idea was scrapped because not everybody would like to play only with bandits.So I decided to give bandit Hero (Nora)to player 1 and nobody else has hero at beginning,BUT player 1 has 5 village guard in front of his base instead of 2 (as everybody else does.)And I placed them in such an way that pl1 can`t get out of his base without an fight.But others can.IMPORTANT:Only AI knows how to play as human ONLY if it is placed in Lower Right corner!(But it will not use Bandit full potential!) And player 3 (Upper Right corner) doesnt know how yo play. Tell me whatever you want to see in this map!Because I didn`t made this map for me.I made this map for YOU!So tell me whatever you want to see in this map and tell me if there is anything that ruins your playing experience!

LORE:
Nora and Oscar are husband and wife who were Nobles once,But they were bored of peaceful life and decided to create their own Bandit Clan (Suggest down in the comments how their clan should be called)And they have freed many criminals from many prisons and armed them.But while they were plundering they stumbelen upon a heavily defended village,Shall they conquer it?Or shall they fall?It is all up to YOU!

Now sorry if I don`t update this map frequently but I have lot of RL problems but I work on this map whenever I can!And I read all comments!

Oh yes and this map is made so that YOU feel claustrophobic.Because one of things that I intended for this map is CONSTANT skirmish and fear of being attacked at any moment.And I want to create that feel with many of my maps.

Version 1.1
4 and a half out of 9 problems are fixed because some 2 of those 12 are thing that are those things which I want in this map.and as I said I want you to feel claustrofobic.But about random creep positioning in center,if I have time to bother with that I will fix it.And I cant find any icon for Bandit Infantry or crossbowman (I have found one but I can`t use it because creator of that icon said that you must ask for his premission but he was lats seen in 2010.) (If any1 wonders it is Zealot Icon just search Bandit)
Previews
Contents

Battle of Bandits (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Neutral Hostile too near to the main base. 2. You can use this to add hero glow to units: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling 3. You should fix differences between descriptions and names, example: Beggar=/=Peasant. 4. Not all heroes are present...
deepstrasz
Nah, sorry. This isn't a good map at all. From mistakes like bandits attacking you from the beginning after you place a building to randomly cluttered places and no significant change or improvement to the techtree. Set to Substandard.
Level 11
nice melee map :infl_thumbs_up: GOOD JOB and KEEP IT UP. i really love the cannon

-add screenshots
-i think the creeps in the center should be stronger and drops randomly strong items
-its better if you add multiboard/leaderboard

here's the example by Theeffi [youtube=
[SIZE=6]Theef's Warcraft 3 World Editor Tutorial #16 - Multiboards (Team resources) [/SIZE]
]
[/youtube]

Level 4
nice melee map :infl_thumbs_up: GOOD JOB and KEEP IT UP. i really love the cannon

-add screenshots
-i think the creeps in the center should be stronger and drops randomly strong items
-its better if you add multiboard/leaderboard

here's the example by Theeffi [youtube=
[SIZE=6]Theef's Warcraft 3 World Editor Tutorial #16 - Multiboards (Team resources) [/SIZE]
]
[/youtube]
Thanks For reply!And it is said in descripion I will update it.I am doing it right now.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Neutral Hostile too near to the main base.
2. You can use this to add hero glow to units: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
3. You should fix differences between descriptions and names, example: Beggar=/=Peasant.
4. Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Update the map to the latest patch you are using.
5. Neutral Hostile camp positioning is pretty much random.
6. The Footman and the Rifleman have the same icon. Also, the Footman is actually named and looks like a bandit...
7. Map layout is quite claustrophobic. There is too small space to build a proper base and have battalions go about.
8. Hero abilities are normal WcIII ones, even some have exactly the same spells as original Warcraft III heroes.
9. Priest and Spell Breaker (which I presume they're named differently out of the building) have the same icon.
10. Knight, Sorceress and Nora have the same icon.
11. The other Knight has the same icon as the Bandit Lord hero, even the same model.
12. Only absolutely minor changes to the Human race.

Overall, needs dozens of work.

Set to Awaiting Update.

========================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Nah, sorry. This isn't a good map at all. From mistakes like bandits attacking you from the beginning after you place a building to randomly cluttered places and no significant change or improvement to the techtree.

Set to Substandard.

Level 4
Nah, sorry. This isn't a good map at all. From mistakes like bandits attacking you from the beginning after you place a building to randomly cluttered places and no significant change or improvement to the techtree.

Set to Substandard.

What do you suggest about techtree?I can`t improve their techtree because I don`t get more comments.And without comments I don`t know what people want from bandit faction.