• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turtle Rock - New Tavern Heroesv.0.8.1

"New Tavern Heroes" is pretty much exactly what the title suggests: 8 new heroes replace the deafault melee ones.

These 8 heroes are:

The Archnecromancer

The Bonecrusher

The Dragonslayer

The Servant of Chaos

The Burning Ancient

The Lord of Reins

The Warlock

The Apothecary

1GHnhTu.jpg
The Archnecromancer
The Archnecromancer
A support hero for the undead, he is able summon minions from corpses, blight the land to maintain the undead in the fight, bind the souls of its enemies to make it easier for your armies to destroy them and even remain in battle after dying. Synergizes well with undead for obvious reasons (uses corpses as a resource and is capable of creating blight for easy expansions and heals).
86139-70567e26b2a8b142a46fb8e0c46e3e4f.jpg
Conjure The Dead: Raises three different skilled skeleton minions from a corpse: A warrior, an archer, and a spellcaster, which gain higher stats and different abilities with each skillpoint spent on this spell.

108675-45243674c269e35ed5d5da56cf4b8bbf_tn2.jpg
Infestation: Putting an ancient artifact on the ground, life it's sucked from the Earth itself to increase the health regeneration of the nearby undead armies. After the ritual is complete, the ground is temporarily blighted. It will not work if the ground is already blighted.
60776-a0ec266dca57a22cc5f946ede1f26ec4_tn2.jpg
Bind Souls: Bind the souls of your enemies and deal damage to everyone of them each time you attack one of them.
68198-5436984c5d73d9360d0199248fd4f680_tn2.jpg
Necromantic Mastery: The Archnecromancer dominates life and death, allowing him to stay in the battlefield in an ethereal form even after he's been taken down. He won't be able to gain experience, attack or use items, but he'll have all of his abilities and if he gains enough mana, he will be able to come back to life with his own body.
NOTE: He is classified as undead, and therefore is healed by Deathcoil and damaged by Holy Light.

62663-be3a03d69b3f623f7278d27dd00f93a0_tn2.jpg
The Bonecrusher
The Bonecrusher
A colossal ogre that loves nothing more than a good fight, can take punishment like no other warrior, including a specially high resistance to spells. He can shout to catch the attention of the enemy units and get attacked by them. Forcing those units to approach him and attack works perfectly with the Bonecrusher's other abilities, as he can deliver a well-placed hit with his axe on an enemy and stop him from running away, or he can go into a battle crazed state in which he will feel more and more vigorous as his enemies try to bring him down.
76841-5352626bb624374c4588c2f0921abb1f.jpg
Skullsplitter: When an enemy is close enough, the Bonecrusher can unleash all of his strength and stun an enemy, in such a display of raw brutality that any enemy of his who sees it close enough, will be fazed and will have reduced attack rate and movement speed.

102524-d059cb1aab65f98a41b996aae004755b.jpg
Warrior's Resistance: His descomunal size and thick skin grant him increased resistance to magic.
92919-c009e93ead7ef19ae9a89b209d24e6d5.jpg
Battle Cry: The Bonecrusher will shout atracting all the enemy attention and empowering himself to reduce damage taken, which can be advantegeous both to protect your army and to land a well placed hit on an annoying enemyn hero.
103310-898fc164ac49bc0d714f0435d1c3e428.jpg
Battle Thirst: The Bonecrusher gets into a temporary berseker stage in which he feels envigorated while fighting. He will be healed each time an enemy attacks him.

73692-cadd11f14b8ee2d1d84940bca9af59c6.jpg
The Dragonslayer
The Dragonslayer
An experienced and agile hero, whose years of fighting dragons means there's few things in the world that can scare him. He's learnt that the best way to fight those creatures is to immobilise them, stopping them from moving or attacking, and that in order to survive fighting things that are so much bigger than yourself, you need to be fast, both attacking and running away. But those lessons are not the only things he took from dragons, his armour is made out of their scales, which can protect him from negative spells from time to time, and some slayers even take Dragon's Eggs from the roosts, to raise them and training them to fight for them.
87072-04cc33a1bce34211ae6323a31d1b2ce9.jpg
Dragonlance: The Dragonslayer throws a special net that will immobilise the target, be it an air or ground unit, and unless it's magic immune, will also deal great damage.
88191-b3fb3ee9eb78adcb662ae83530a8a3b2.jpg
Dragon Scales: The hide of slain dragons will be a useful protection against negative spells as long as they are not cast one after the other against the slayer.
76118-d3f29b5aa9425c176ce980fae792edd0.jpg
Hunter's Skill: After many years of fighting dragons, the slayer has learnt how to focus to increase his reflexes to attack faster, dodge attacks and run away in order to surive.
75264-6d06ef39196a296933afcd4b6c9bf613.jpg
Dragon's Egg: Stolen from a Roost, the slayer can incubate this egg to spawn a Dragon Whelp which will grow overtime to a full sized Dragon to fight for him.

109348-d48c4cd7d610c87457c7032b06660410.jpg
The Servant of Chaos
The Servant of Chaos
Satyrs are demonic and mischievous creatures, and none is more mischievous than the Servant of Chaos. He rejoices in creating chaose and turning enemy units in causes of danger for their own armies, be it by turning them into sources of fel fire that will damage them or by inducing temporary madness in them that'll make them seem savage, agressive towards everyone and uncontrollable. His night elven origin also means that he will benefit greatly from the shadows of the night, allowing him to recover his power faster than during the day. Ultimately, the Servant of Chaos cares a lot more about causing the enemy trouble than keeping it's own alive, and he can use your units as sacrifices to cause great damage to the enemy, the more powerful the sacrifice, the more damage its death will cause. Creating havok with his spells is the perfect way to distract your enemy and take him down!
89067-cc26fcc61eb764315b289eed5367493c.jpg
Demonic Fire: A bolt of fel fire that will extremely damage the target and will also turn it into a source of periodic explosions that will burn nearby units, dealing even more damage.
78554-d2e3f96763c6a45930e307acf1dbc2be_tn2.jpg
Creature of the Night: The night elven origin of the satyrs means that the mantle of the night gives the Servant of Chaos increased mana regeneration.
93797-87d85dd5b3410424a833c7e24e5ef522.jpg
Induce Madness: The target of this spell will go temporarily insane, becoming uncontrollable and hyper aggresive towards everyone.
89962-bd6812b46929f16e979525b6df6345e6_tn2.jpg
Ritual Sacrifice: Offers one of its own as sacrifice in order to cause damage to the enemy channeling dark powers from the nether. The more powerful the sacrifice, the more energy will be available to be channeled, and more damage will be caused.
NOTE: He is classified as Demon, and therefore is healed by Deathcoil and damaged by Holy Light, but he also has regeneration "at night only".

106230-aa109d1c3d3d1f0c1beb27f64705cb6e_tn.jpg
The Burning Ancient
The Burning Ancient
This uprooted ancient knows little more than rage due to what the Legion did to its land, and what their demonic magics did to it. He's perpetually burning, but he can withstand a lot more pain than that, his own bark is thick enough that it mitigates part of the damage that whatever sword, arrow or axe you try to attack it with can deal, and what's more, he can even fuel its own flames by eating trees, regenerating health and making the flames big enough that they will deal damage to enemies if they are close enough. He can also set the ground ablaze, damaging everyone that stands amidst the flames, or liberate its own inner fire in a devastating wave of fire that will burn enemy units and buildings overtime. Its AoE damage over time, damage reduction and health regeneration makes it a perfect hero to control the enemy army and soak up the majority of its attacks.
82041-faf0a3eef8601e160caaea983e401278.jpg
Forest Fire: The Burning Ancient sets the ground on fire, damaging any unit that stands on the flames.
97358-b7c5b2db95eb745877b170102511374b_tn2.jpg
Toughened Bark: The thick bark of the ancient mitigates part of the damage dealt by incoming attacks.
97462-e7619e62a46b1c2af59dea7eca0b4c4d_tn2.jpg
Fuel the Flames: The Ancient can consume a tree in order to regenerate health and increase its own fire to burn enemy units that come close to him.
108068-4000b8045213662b71fb5f663bf151e8.jpg
Nova: The Ancient liberates the fire within himself burning enemy units and buildings nearby and dealing damage over time.

10n9o29.jpg
The Lord of Reins
The Lord of Reins
This dwarven ram rider is a war veteran that knows how to embolden his troops, making them move faster and able to take more damage before retreating, he encourages going on the offensive. He can charge against an enemy target, running over anything that stands in its way, and when his soldiers see how he destroys his opponents, they feel stronger and cause more damage. His rider expertise also means that he can change his mount from his trusty ram to a mighty gryphon, doing for the flying part of your army what he did in the ground!
83029-33ef018514bca04b6dbb4f4983bc63d1.jpg
Charge: Goes towards the target at full speed, dealing damage, knocking it back and stunning it, while also running over anyone who stands in the way.
76913-2781b4889f602a84f6a7ba84be50a730.jpg
Leadership Aura: Increases nearby units' armour and movement speed, improving survivavility and encouraging taking the offensive.
69387-dae8b6e70c9b81c442a7894b45720af9.jpg
Inspire: Each time the Lord of Reins delivers the killing blow on an eney unit, it motivates his troops to fight harder and deal more damage.
85050-17a45cc5e351d85fd4fc75d090834085.jpg
Change Mount: The Lord of Reins leaves his trusty ram and mounts a mighty gryphon, allowing him to attack from the air, and buff flying units like he did with the ground ones.

84854-453951ac71000ae435af2cb43e4e0566.jpg
The Warlock
The Warlock
An ogre, and like the rest of his kind, he's obsessed with destruction; doesn't really matter what, as long as it is obliterated. He can deal huge amounts of damage, but it's difficult to deal them exactly to a specific target, as they still use some of their spells from the second war, like their explosive runes, which will deal damage to pretty much any enemy unit that is close enough to them, or the Eye of Kilrogg, which helps them find a good place to use their powers. Their obsession with mass destruction can play in favor of its allies, since his magics can be used to enchant weapons with fire, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near one of these warlocks when they decide that opening up the skies so anihilation rains down on the Earth is a good idea...
97155-f02f601f9f11b5fb4ff7ee4f7bea1202.jpg
Explosive Runes: Draws a rune on the ground that will explode when an enemy unit walks close to it, dealing damage.
97611-a0183e2f1fa67f30e68fb0dce94e84f0.jpg
Eye of Kilrogg: Summons a disembodied eye to scout and spy on your enemies.
82592-30de178a3a3872c1dccb7030f8abe27c.jpg
Fire Enchantment: Imbues nearby friendly units' weapons with the power of flame.
110564-2dfc98dd81065080af005b31a807e8be.jpg
Meteor Fall: The Warlock channels dark powers to open the sky and let destruction hit the world at random points within a targeted area.

106531-a1d3fbb32a8c248d832597167efd4ae8_tn.jpg
The Apothecary
The Apothecary
Disease and putrefaction are his favourite weapons, having potions rain down on the battle which will strengthen the undead and weaken everyone else. Having enough poison to throw it at you with every attack and being able to spread disease means that, in an even fight, time will tip the balance in favour of the apothecary, as his opponents will be slowly decaying. His prefered weapon, though, is a perfected form of the plague that will surely kill some of those exposed, and turned them into undead slaves under his command, capable of spreading this terrible afliction, creating even more servants for the apothecary.
63664-c2f2ab6a60004728d98d78e6e00a804a.jpg
Necrotic Potion: The Aptohecary stands while he throws his special concoctions over an area, healing the undead and damaging the living.
95618-c114685405f5fbba05e4694131e4b754.jpg
Concentrated Poison: Throws a bottle of poison with every attack, dealing more damage per hit, and causing damage over time.
111118-a6018d6a505bd6907b283f8d84975a53_tn2.jpg
Spread Disease: Selects an enemy unit that will cary a disease it will spread amidst its own army, damaging it slowly, but surely.
100112-42ae188e1171b05b3c74e516c3db477b_tn2.jpg
Epidemic: The Apothecary will release a potent strain of the undead plague, that will turn a few of the enemy units into zombie minions capable of infecting more and more units which will end up as your undead slaves.
NOTE: He is classified as undead, and therefore is healed by Deathcoil and damaged by Holy Light.

Icons:

-Peekay: Concentrated Poison, Battle Thirst, Epidemic, Toughened Bark, Induce Madness.

-CRAZYRUSSIAN: Necrotic Potion, Dragon Scales, Necromantic Mastery.

--Grendel: Burning Ancient (both model and icon), Apothecary (both model and icon)

--Berz-: Charge, Demonic Fire.

-JollyD: Eye of Kilrogg, Fuel the Flames.

-San: Deadly Grab, Spread Disease

-67chrome: Dragonlance.

-NFWar: Conjure the Dead, BattleCry, Conjured Warrior.

-Pyramidhe@d: Blood Presence.

-bigapple90: Skullsplitter.

-graystuff111: Defend (Conjured Warrior version).

-Legal_Ease: Meteor Fall.

-SkriK: Inspire.

-FrIKy: Dragonslayer

-Destructor [DoR]: Creature of the Night,

-4eNNightmare: Ritual Sacrifice,

-Elfsilver Lord: Dragon’s Egg

-M0rbid: Explosive Runes

-Raging Ent: Fire Enchantment

-Heinvers: Nova

-Marcos DAB: Warrior’s Resistance

-Nonrinad: Bonecrusher

-Mr. Goblin: Lord Of Reins [Found inside the “Scars Of Conflict Resource Pack”]

-Kuhneghetz: Conjured Sorcerer

-Palaslayer: Hunter’s Skill

-AbstractCreativity: Leadership Aura.

-~Nightmare: Servant of Chaos

-aki15: Forest Fire

-BLazeKraze: Infestation

-tonic: Bind Souls

-lelyanra: Change Mount.

-takakenji: Warlock (ogre, both model and icon)

Models:

-JesusHipster: Induce Madness (Caster), Concentrated Poison (missile), Necrotic Potion (missile), Bound Soul (buff)

-Kitabake: Archnecromancer, Dragonslayer, Dragonslayer Missile.

--Grendel: Burning Ancient (both model and icon), Apothecary (both model and icon), Conjured Sorcerer.

-UgoUgo: Infestation (Effec1), Infestation (Effect2), Apothecary missile, Epidemic (Effect)

-JetFangInferno: Skullsplitter (target), Nova, Charge (target)

-Nonrinad: Bonecrusher

-s4nji: Leadership Aura.

-Infrisios: Inspire (buff)

-InfernalTater: Blacksteel Breastplate (Conjured Warrior)

-Champara Bros: Blood Presence, Infected.

-Power: Battle Thirst (Buff), Archnecromancer missile.

-cryll-mistar: Battle Cry (buff)

-Sin’dorei300: Zombie (teamcolour)

-Pyritie: Induce Madness (buff)

-nGy: Meteor Fall

-Cavman: Skeleton with Defend Animations.

-Ujimasa Hojo: Lord Of Reins (flying) missile.

-Skizzik: Deadly Grab.

-Zephyrius2412: Demonic Fire (explosion missile)

-Johnny Janbo: Dragonlance (missile)

-Wandering Soul: Servant of Chaos

-PROXY: Lord Of Reins (Ground)

-dtnmang: Ogre Warlock missile

-ZIR: Plate Shoulders (Conjured Warrior)

-Peekay: Servant of Chaos missile

-Metal_Sonic: Infestation heal.

-Eagle XI: Conjured Marksman.

-pwn3d: Forest Fire (missile)

-nhocklanhox6: Change Mount (effect)

-The Witch King: Ritual Sacrifice (target sacrifice and target damaged)

-takakenji: Warlock (ogre, both model and icon)

-sPy: Charge (effect)

-Outside of the Hiveworkshop: Eye Of Kilrogg (By Mc !), Lord of Reins (Flying) ["facelessuniverse" seems to be the author but I cannot confirm]. If you know who made these models please let me know so I can properly credit the modelers. I can’t seem to find who did it.

Spells/Systems:

-Weep: GUI Damage Detection System.

-Cold Bon3: Charge System

-defskull: “taunt” berserker’s call spell

Special credits to @KILLCIDE and @Jampion for helping me solve some problems with my triggers.

Every other spell was made by me and the map itself was made by Blizzard Entertainment.

Every spell should be MUI and as leakless as I've been able to make it, but this is technically the first time I've ever used triggers, or coded anything, really, so mistakes may have been made, and I would really appreciate feedback on whatever bugs or efficiency problems you see.

Also, I haven't really been able to play it with people, so balance is probably far from perfect, and I intend to patch it as I receive feedback (if people is interested enough to play it and give it).

One last note: My World Editor is not in English, and as far as I know, default text [i.e.: the one I have not editted] should translate itself in your corresponding install of the game, and I've translated everything else, but there might be spelling or grammar errors that I've missed, or maybe some tooltips have not been translated because they are on custom abilities even if the text itself has not been altered, because I don't know wether or not the WE translates that. Just tell me and I'll fix it ASAP.

Please leave some comments below to let me know about any mistakes, bugs or balance issues you encounter! (or just your general impressions of the map!)

Hope you guys enjoy it, I certainly enjoyed making it!

EDIT: The formatting of the post doesn't look as good as I'd like, I will change it tomorrow and add some pictures to make it easier to read and give a better idea of what each hero does.

EDIT 2: Now it looks way better.

EDIT 3: Reupload with a much shorter file name because of issues with hosting bots. Probably will update "soon" with some balance adjustments, a couple of reworked abilities and optimization improvements. "Soon".

·v. 0.8.0.1: Changed position of some ability icons to fit Blizzard's style, and changed hotkeys to better fit those positions. Fixed some typos, spelling mistakes and formatting in tooltips.
·v. 0.8.1: Fixed even more typos, spelling, formatting and translation mistakes. Changed "Ritual Sacrifice" to do the same amount of damage, doubling the channel time. Servant of Chaos will now have a very visible special effect to spot him when casting "Ritual Sacrifice".
Contents

Turtle Rock - New Heroesv.0.8.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Change the filename length as the map might not be seen ingame. 2. Fix the hero descriptions. Some either contain broken/badly written words or words in another language than English like "y". 3. Not sure if Infestation is a balanced spell since...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I love Heroes, and this is very similar to a couple of my own projects, so I have nothing but congratulations for you on finishing it & releasing it! It can be quite daunting, but you've done lots of work, obviously, and it's rather impressive!

I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but I hope to (eventually...). In the mean-time, a few words on what you've presented in the post:

- Overall, your English is pretty good, but could definitely use some practice.
- Many of your tooltips could use some clarity, & some focus. Describing the spell in a more straightforward, rather than flowery/poetic, manner.
- I really rather like the sound of your Burning Ancient hero, & your Dwarf hero. I would suggest, however, always putting Passives (including Auras) into the 3rd slot; Blizzard did this, presumably because it helps avoid misclicking & hitting the Ultimate when you don't want to.
- Love the "flying mode"; that's a solid Ultimate idea. What's his model, though (just the standard Gryphon, with hero glow?)
- wai no trolls laaaaaaame
;D

Good luck!

Level 4
I love Heroes, and this is very similar to a couple of my own projects, so I have nothing but congratulations for you on finishing it & releasing it! It can be quite daunting, but you've done lots of work, obviously, and it's rather impressive!

I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but I hope to (eventually...). In the mean-time, a few words on what you've presented in the post:

- Overall, your English is pretty good, but could definitely use some practice.
- Many of your tooltips could use some clarity, & some focus. Describing the spell in a more straightforward, rather than flowery/poetic, manner.
- I really rather like the sound of your Burning Ancient hero, & your Dwarf hero. I would suggest, however, always putting Passives (including Auras) into the 3rd slot; Blizzard did this, presumably because it helps avoid misclicking & hitting the Ultimate when you don't want to.
- Love the "flying mode"; that's a solid Ultimate idea. What's his model, though (just the standard Gryphon, with hero glow?)
- wai no trolls laaaaaaame
;D

Good luck!

Thank you for your kind words! It was in fact a lot of work, but most of it was just learning how to use triggers, I am a complete noob with the WE, I was small kid when WCIII came out and I only got into online playing and map making recently, so I have tons of things to learn (for example, this map is filled with disabled spellbooks to hide abities, and when it was almost finished I learnt that I could just set the position of the icon to 0,-11 and I'd save myself the trouble [I will update the map to remove all of those spellboks and make everything cleaner, but I wanted to get som feedback first and get a bunch of things done at the same time instead of just updating 1000 times with each thing])

-About the English... you mean specific spelling/gramar mistakes or just general sentence/paragraph structure?

-Tooltips and ability position are different in-game. I tried to embelish it a little for the post because "deals x damage +y time of debuff" seemed a little dull, but I understand what you mean, it makes it more difficult to understand. There are a couple heroes who have active abilities on the third spot so I'll change them and update the map rright now, that's a neat detail that I didn't realise, I did notice that the auras were always in third position, but I didn't pick up on the other passives being there as well. Thanks!

-The model for the flying version of the Dwarve Heroe is a Kurdran model that downloaded a while ago, whose author I've not been able to find :(. If you know who made it please let me know so I can add him to the credits [right now there are two models that I haven't been able to credit, this one and the "Eye of Kilrogg" model, they are both listed as "uncredited" in the post, I'll google a bit later to see if I can find them, but they weren't on hive so I don't exactly remember where I found them]

-I have a couple of troll heroes designed on paper, for future projects, in fact I have a lot of things designed on paper, but it takes a lot of work. The idea is to build on top of this map and continue adding heroes, units etc. to make new races (but I felt that it was way too ambitious for me and balancing multiple races would make me insane when I barely know how to use the WE). I'll probably release a few more maps with different tilesets and heroes, and when I feel more confident I'll work on that behemoth of an idea.

Thank you for commenting! Once you try it I would appreciate some feedback on the balance, if you have some advice (I feel like I have to nerf a lot of stuff, because when in doubt, I didn't want my heroes to feel "useless" so I tipped the balance in their favour).

Have fun with it once you get to try it!

EDIT: Already uploaded the map with the passives in the third spot, and fixed some typos, spelling mistakes and hotkeys. Also added Changelog to the post.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. Change the filename length as the map might not be seen ingame.
2. Fix the hero descriptions. Some either contain broken/badly written words or words in another language than English like "y".

3. Not sure if Infestation is a balanced spell since it creates blight which can be exploited by the Undead in many ways like building towers and blocking the building of non-Undead buildings.
4. Does Battlethirst actually heal the exact amount of damage taken? If so, that's kind of a big problem for 45 seconds. You're kind of forced to ignore that hero and he can easily get away.
5. Conjure the Dead has words in Espnol in the description.
6. Lord of Reins' learn ability box is closed/cancelled when he attacks or kills a unit.
7. I suggest a temporary effect for the Lord of Reins' flying ability.
8. I think Ritual Sacrifice could be a bit faster.

There is effort and quality work here.

Approved.

=================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 4
1. Change the filename length as the map might not be seen ingame.
2. Fix the hero descriptions. Some either contain broken/badly written words or words in another language than English like "y".

3. Not sure if Infestation is a balanced spell since it creates blight which can be exploited by the Undead in many ways like building towers and blocking the building of non-Undead buildings.
4. Does Battlethirst actually heal the exact amount of damage taken? If so, that's kind of a big problem for 45 seconds. You're kind of forced to ignore that hero and he can easily get away.
5. Conjure the Dead has words in Espnol in the description.
6. Lord of Reins' learn ability box is closed/cancelled when he attacks or kills a unit.
7. I suggest a temporary effect for the Lord of Reins' flying ability.
8. I think Ritual Sacrifice could be a bit faster.

There is effort and quality work here.

Approved.

=================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

1. It shows for me, but ok.
2. I'll review all text to check for those mistakes, that's kind of embarrasing.
3. Maybe reducing the area would help prevent those exploits?. The whole point of the ability is to create blight to make expanding easier for UD, so I would like to keep it that way. Or maybe make the blight dissappear after x amount of time has passed, so if you don't expand or use it just for a momentary regeneration boost you don't end up with a map full of blight. I guess in bigger maps it wouldn't be such a big deal, but you're right, in TR it definitely is.
4. It heals 25 HP per hit, and the Hero does not take damage. But yeah, it forces to ignore the hero, and he can taunt to avoid that and still get attacked (for a bit more mana), but Paladin gets 45s of invulnerability, for less mana, and it's not an ultimate, so I think is balanced, but if people say it's not I'll reduce the time, the hp per hit, or both.
5. Oversight. Will translate immediately.
6. That's... weird, will look into it. It may be because of the Inspire ability, when he kills anything, an ability is added (for damage bonus) and that closes the learning window? If so, it should happen to other heros around. I'll test and try to come up with a solution.
7. I thought about it, wanted to see what people thought before making it temporay.
8. Faster? I think that would be broken. The ability makes 100 damage per second, and it channels for as many seconds as levels the sacrificed unit has. For example, if you sacrifice a mountain giant, which is level 6, that's 600 damage to everything around. It is slow to give a chance to interrupt it, if it was faster Any unit trying to interupt probably would die before getting to the channeling hero. I mean, I'll try to get people to play it and test to see if it's to slow to be efective, but making it faster feels like it would just rip through an entire army without much possibility of stopping it.

Thank you for taking the time to review it! Tonight I'll update a version with fixed text and I'll try to fix the Lord of Reins issue. The balance changes, though, I think I'll wait to get more feedback before changing that. Except maybe reducing the blight area.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Or maybe make the blight dissappear after x amount of time has passed
Yeah, I was thinking of that too.
4. It heals 25 HP per hit, and the Hero does not take damage. But yeah, it forces to ignore the hero, and he can taunt to avoid that and still get attacked (for a bit more mana), but Paladin gets 45s of invulnerability, for less mana, and it's not an ultimate, so I think is balanced, but if people say it's not I'll reduce the time, the hp per hit, or both.
Yeah, you're right. I totally forgot about the Paladin's Divine Shield. But, mention the exact amount of HP he regains in the spell's description.
6. That's... weird, will look into it. It may be because of the Inspire ability, when he kills anything, an ability is added (for damage bonus) and that closes the learning window? If so, it should happen to other heros around. I'll test and try to come up with a solution.
It's not really an issue. But, I report any sort of abnormalities.
8. Faster? I think that would be broken. The ability makes 100 damage per second, and it channels for as many seconds as levels the sacrificed unit has. For example, if you sacrifice a mountain giant, which is level 6, that's 600 damage to everything around.
Ouch. Alright then. Don't remember exactly but is that hero highlighted? It can become dangerous not seeing him in the midst of battle.
The balance changes, though, I think I'll wait to get more feedback before changing that.
Sure thing.

Level 4
Yeah, I was thinking of that too.

Yeah, you're right. I totally forgot about the Paladin's Divine Shield. But, mention the exact amount of HP he regains in the spell's description.

It's not really an issue. But, I report any sort of abnormalities.

Ouch. Alright then. Don't remember exactly but is that hero highlighted? It can become dangerous not seeing him in the midst of battle.

Sure thing.
Updated with translation and spelling fixed. There's probably still something I missed, but I tried to install an English version of the game just to check the map and see if some of the default text wasn't translating but I wasn't able to.
Also added a big, bright special effect to the Ritual Sacrifice Caster as to make him more visible during the battle, and while testing this, I realised that sacrificing a Mountain giant meant 600 damage per unit in 6 seconds, which is quite a lot, so I halved the damage per second and prolonged the channeling time, making it 50 damage per second/[twice the level of the unit] seconds (so 4s for a footman (200 damage), 10 for a tauren (500 damage), 12 for a mountain giant (600 damage) etc.).

Last edited:
Level 4
I really love the concept of having new heroes in the tavern I especially like the "Induce Madness" spell. Good job and keep it up excited to see more maps from you. ;)
Thank you! I kinda stopped for a while because of studies, so they'll be few and far between, but I'd like to make more. Hopefully with bigger changes, but my programming skills aren't that great haha.

Level 4
I added the heroes (just from your map) to a few other maps, so I thought I would share in case you want them (to OP)

Turtle Rock Heroes Maps | HIVE

Glad you liked them enough to do that!

I've been wanting to update the map with the new patches, being able to have several buffs based on the same spell would remove half of my garbage code hahaha!

Unfortunately I don't have much time.

If you want to upload those maps on your own, or if you want me to upload them to this entry as a bundle I'd be happy to give you permission/do it myself

Level 4
They are there if you like, sure thing. I can add it to a few more maps, lmk if you plan on updating and I will wait. It only takes like 5 min a map with mpq editor program. Any personal favorite maps?