• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Wild Lands v1.13

Reactions: deepstrasz
Story: Fel magics have corrupted the forest's well of pure mana and have thereafter left the lands poisoned and overtaken by demons and beasts.

Tactics: The map has a goblin shipyard allowing you to use transport ships along the various waterways to attack your enemies.

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
16 24 7

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines

Version 1.11
  • Fixed waterways for transport ship accessibility
  • Added custom triggers for teams (Credit to Strajder - Skeletal Coast v1.3)
  • All tavern heroes are now available
  • Transport Ship is now balanced
Version 1.13
  • Map updated to latest melee patch!

Authors Notes
Hello, this is my first ever completed melee map. Inspired from playing 4v4 rt on battlenet, I made a 4v4 rt map myself. My goals for this map were for it to be centered around a river and making transport ships a useful feature of added gameplay as I don't typically see transport ships ever in melee map. With how oddball 4v4 melee games are, I think the ships add to the fun and will make games more interesting.

Please review the terrain and overall design of the map, I'm curious if this is a map you all would enjoy playing on.
Previews
Contents

Corrupted Wild Lands v1.13 (Map)

Reviews
TPE.YelloW
Review: .............................................................................................................................................................................. I LIKE + Map look amazing + Doodads + Expansion + Reasonable camps...
deepstrasz
I suggest using triggers from this map to avoid the creation of preset teams and start locations: Skeletal Coast v1.3 Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Save your map with the latest melee patch selected in the map properties. Need to check the...
Level 5
Review:
..............................................................................................................................................................................
I LIKE
+ Map look amazing
+ Doodads
+ Expansion
+ Reasonable camps
..............................................................................................................................................................................
I DONT LIKE
- Fixed start location ( unmark it in Scenario>Player properities...) (it makes the map not melee cuz the players will allways spawn there)
- Kinda flat map :/
- The waterfall area is droping fps for me (i would suggest make one large waterfall, not 10 small ones)
- Fix item drops (look at typs)
- Description ( look at other maps in site, description is highly rated on this map)
TYPS
- You can do the item drops by Item tables>Add tabble>New Item>Random>Select group of random items like Random permanent lvl 2 item ( only permanent items lvl 2 from melee games will drop from that mob)
- Waterfalls, I think they are easy to edit just add more Scales % to make em larger
- Use Terrain Raise or lower, use plateu to make terrain same height
Your map is looking very nice my review isnt a threath, its only showing u what i would have done with the map and telling u some typs and tricks that i had to learn.
I wouldnt done so beatiful map, you can make sure by pressing my account and look at my maps. I would be happy if you could do me some review aswell :) (and yes this was an advertisment)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. I suggest using triggers from this map to avoid the creation of preset teams and start locations: Skeletal Coast v1.3
  2. Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Save your map with the latest melee patch selected in the map properties.
  3. Need to check the water paths around player starting places since the boats can reach the other side of the waterfalls in the southwest and northeast but not of the other two cardinal points by circumventing previously mentioned regions.
  4. Do not write the (player number) in the map description (of map properties) because ingame you'll get two numbers, the one the game detects and the one you wrote.
Set to Awaiting Update.

====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:
  1. I suggest using triggers from this map to avoid the creation of preset teams and start locations: Skeletal Coast v1.3
  2. Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Save your map with the latest melee patch selected in the map properties.
  3. Need to check the water paths around player starting places since the boats can reach the other side of the waterfalls in the southwest and northeast but not of the other two cardinal points by circumventing previously mentioned regions.
  4. Do not write the (player number) in the map description (of map properties) because ingame you'll get two numbers, the one the game detects and the one you wrote.
Set to Awaiting Update.

====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
Thanks for the help, I changed what your recommended. Those custom triggers took some time studying to understand but alas it is done.

Review:
I LIKE
+ Map look amazing
+ Doodads
+ Expansion
+ Reasonable camps
I DONT LIKE
- Fixed start location ( unmark it in Scenario>Player properities...) (it makes the map not melee cuz the players will allways spawn there)
- Kinda flat map :/
- The waterfall area is droping fps for me (i would suggest make one large waterfall, not 10 small ones)
- Fix item drops (look at typs)
- Description ( look at other maps in site, description is highly rated on this map)
TYPS
- You can do the item drops by Item tables>Add tabble>New Item>Random>Select group of random items like Random permanent lvl 2 item ( only permanent items lvl 2 from melee games will drop from that mob)
- Waterfalls, I think they are easy to edit just add more Scales % to make em larger
- Use Terrain Raise or lower, use plateu to make terrain same height
Your map is looking very nice my review isnt a threath, its only showing u what i would have done with the map and telling u some typs and tricks that i had to learn.
I wouldnt done so beatiful map, you can make sure by pressing my account and look at my maps. I would be happy if you could do me some review aswell :) (and yes this was an advertisment)
Thank you for the review! I just changed some of those cons you listed as well. I'll see about optimizing that waterfall, haven't figured how I will go about it just yet. Also thanks for pointing out that tip about item drops. I never knew that. I will definitely leave a review on your map! :D

Level 5
Thank you for the review! I just changed some of those cons you listed as well. I'll see about optimizing that waterfall, haven't figured how I will go about it just yet. Also thanks for pointing out that tip about item drops. I never knew that. I will definitely leave a review on your map! :D
I will make new review of your map since you changed some things.
Soon :p

On the top/menu bar: Scenario->Map Options; and then right at the end of the opened window: Game Data (Melee Latest Patch).
But how did you realize it was not set to a specific patch version?
I never actually changed the melee patch myself. I just made the map in the standard world editor without changing any of the patch options. I had the latest patch downloaded on battle net so idk why it's using an older patch