• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bloodbane Woods

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Map Info

This very woods have been corrupted by warlocks and made it there home.
a lot of adventurers have met there end in the middle of this forest. what lies in it's very eye?

Features
2 Goblin Merchants
2 Mercenary Camps
2 Goblin Laboratories
4 Taverns
1 Dragon Roost
and a lot of Creep Camps

Screenshots
Bloodbane%20Woods_zps5qta3m2n.jpg

Author Notes
this is my first map i created and uploaded in HIVE.
each players will have one expansion. the more players in the map
the less Gold Mines you could take.

UPDATE
as suggested:
-removed doom guard and Infernal Camps.
-fixed the drop rate.
-reposition the acolyte Heretic Camps.
-Tagged this as an Altred Melee Camp.
-decrease some creep camps.
-gave drop rates to the heretics.
-remove Helm of the Battlethirst drop.
-fix the ramp
-all starting goldmines have increase Gold amount.
-Reposition the Mercenary Camps and Shops to mirror like in the map.
-bumpy Terrain
-and this time the itemdrops would be balance.
This is the Final Update. have this Substandard if it still hasn't satisfied y'all.

Keywords:
Altered,melee,forest,Demon,Warcraft,4v4,Felwood,Burning,Legion
Contents

Bloodbane Woods (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The northern neutral buildings do not mirror the position of those in the south. Some of them are a bit to the west. The mines in the middle (along the lake) aren't symmetrically placed. Same goes for the ones in the southwest compared to those in the...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Most camp groups on the map are red or orange in terms of strength. Few are green.
There are powerful creatures blocking the way/road to other players/expansions. They can be circumvented through a narrow pass where the Taverns are located.
Too many Claws of Attack +6. They were dropped by the frist four different creep camps encountered.
I don't think Helm of the Battlethirst should drop, especially from the neutral hostile units defending the Mercenary Camp (south).
The three heretic/acolyte type units don't drop anything.
Large(r) armies cannot pass without being assaulted by neutral hostiles as most places are quite narrow outside the bases.
There is wider space where the northern Tavern is compared to that in the south. Terrain symmetry is required for ladder melee maps.
The Nether Dragon Roost calls for the map tag of Altered Melee.
Way too many Claws of Attack +6 drops. The item drops need to be settled properly.
Some creep/neutral building types are nearer to some players than to others.
If this is supposed to be designed for teamplay, I suggest the triggers in this map (Skeletal Coast v1.3) to avoid the proximity of enemy players when playing with less people.

Set to Awaiting Update.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Would be advised to have more.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I guess you could increase the gold for the starting mine or reduce the one for the other mines since the guards protecting starting mines are tougher.
You could position the neutral buildings in the north to mirror the ones in the south. Their current location makes them look asymmetrically positioned on the minimap.
More terrain height variation wouldn't hurt. As it is now, it's mostly flat.
A must is fixing the ramps where the lake is. The one in the northwest is heavily flawed and smaller compared to the other ones.
Again, too many Claws of Attack +3.

Set to Awaiting Update.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The northern neutral buildings do not mirror the position of those in the south. Some of them are a bit to the west.
The mines in the middle (along the lake) aren't symmetrically placed. Same goes for the ones in the southwest compared to those in the southeast.
Bladebane Armour dropped from some Fel Stalkers and Overlords protecting a mine. It gives +7 armour and might be a bit too much for a melee game. What do you think? (I think Ring of Protection +5 is enough) That creep camp also dropped Bundle of Lumber +250. That is not necessarily a bad idea. Found +250 Gold Coins at the Murlocs in the lake :) Once again, it's a nice idea if these resources aren't dropped very often.
You could also edit the netherdrakes not to sleep if you want. It'd be harder to train drakes without getting hurt first. You could remove the sleep at night option for many neutral units especially undead like the revenants.
Staff of Reanimation as a drop might be interesting but at least make it take some mana when used too as it's not a consumable.
Cheese drops. That's not good. It's totally useless. Please verify your item set drops and exclude level 0 items. At least make it useful somehow either add some attributes for it to give or make it have a price to be sold.
The heretics shouldn't all drop an item. One item per creep camp (especially green/weak creep camps) is quite enough.
Diamond of Summoning. This is a very useful item. You could make it cost mana, at least (found at a Goblin Merchant neutral camp).
In this version drop rates are very high in that many units from a creep camp either drop at least one item or more.

Set to Awaiting Update.