• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King - Unleashed

Alternate Storyline: "Illidan has breached the Frozen Gates, climbing up the cliff with his wings he stares the Frozen Throne. An unconscious and free from Undead Corruption Arthas awakes, and notice that FrostMourne is not with him, without a purpose he manage to return to Lordaeron, where later he is decapitated for his crimes. Illidan strikes the Frozen Throne with the FrostMourne. However, the Lich King spirit do not accept Illidan as his reincarnation, instead, the Spirit takes up FrostMourne once more, and fights Illidan. The true battle is about to begin!"

Features:
  • Better Spell Animation
  • Dissipate Animation Added
  • Hero Glows Added
  • Undead Dissipate Spawnable Object Added
  • Particle and Ribbon Emitters to FrostMourne (NEW)
  • Stand Channel Animation Added (NEW)
  • Back of Helm of Domination Added (NEW)

"You are not worthy, Kil'jaeden's puppet!"
"I will serve Kil'jaeden no more!"
"Feel the Wrath of the Scourge!"
"Demon! You will face oblivion!"
"Maybe you had beaten my champion, but I'll not accept you!"
"Fall, Corrupted Elf!"

Notes:
  1. Ignore the Blue Waves in the Model Editor, they'll show properly in-game.
  2. If some issue appears, let me know!
  3. Feel free to use it or edit it. If you edit, give me credits if you want.
  4. There'll no be a 5-th point.
  5. I told you!
  6. To make it sound like a true Lich King, use Gargoyle Voice.

Abilities:
  • Soul Devourer: The Lich King emitters an Aura that curses the souls of nearby enemies and allies. Each time an unit dies, he receives a percentage of his Maximum Health based on the type of unit that dies: 1% for Ally Units and Heroes; 2% for Enemy Units; 5% for Enemy Heroes.
  • Frost Nova: Blasts an area with cold ice, dealing Damage to the target and minor Damage to enemies nearby.
  • Death Coil: Sends a Coil of Death to heal an Undead Unit, or deals half Damage to a nor-undead enemy unit. It not work in Undead Enemy Units.
  • Death and Decay: Channels death energies in an area, dealing 4% of Base Health as Damage.
  • Animate Dead: Raises 6 units from nearby corpses to fight for you.
UPDATE:
  • Adjustments in Particle Emmiters
  • Hero Glow Adjustments
  • Particle Emmiter in Stand Channel changed to dark instead of cold in Spell Animation
  • Model Optmized
Contents

The Lich King - Unleashed (Model)

The Lich King - Unleashed - Portrait (Model)

Level 8
The best models will always be those who have textures in-game.
It's a very original idea, in addition, it can be optimized, because it has the spectrum's animations.
Great job! 5/5 :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 34
Reviewer's verdict:

Ok, upon further inspection I can assure everyone that model works perfectly fine. All attachment points and animations are there and filesize is nice. There already was a model of Ner'Zul's animated armor. It was made with Paladin's animations and I like this one more because this animation set is way more fitting.

However I don't think that I would like to rate it anything other than 3 stars at the moment. Yep, it's a good model, a pretty simple and successful edit but there is still a room for improvements. First and foremost - particle effects. They are.. Kinda uninspired. I myself prefer making effects to making meshes, so i might be way too critical about it, but those clouds and purple darkness things just look messy and generic. I'd even say that the model would be better off without them coz right now they are just not worth spamming player's eye with so much going on on the screen. I would suggest you to rethink particle effects and try putting more thought into them. Imagine this guy fully buffed: with auras, orb effects, bloodlust and other shit. And now imagine a player desperately trying to visually address the effects on this model. And they also kinda stack up with his team-glow which makes it even messier. If effects were at least cool.

Also keep in mind that in WC3 undead dissipate animations don't have hero's body lifted up. It would also make more sense here like if *the evil spirit leaves the armor* or something.

P.S. I will get to the orc version later. That model is still a blast of creativity and neat execution.

Level 20
Reviewer's verdict:

Ok, upon further inspection I can assure everyone that model works perfectly fine. All attachment points and animations are there and filesize is nice. There already was a model of Ner'Zul's animated armor. It was made with Paladin's animations and I like this one more because this animation set is way more fitting.

However I don't think that I would like to rate it anything other than 3 stars at the moment. Yep, it's a good model, a pretty simple and successful edit but there is still a room for improvements. First and foremost - particle effects. They are.. Kinda uninspired. I myself prefer making effects to making meshes, so i might be way too critical about it, but those clouds and purple darkness things just look messy and generic. I'd even say that the model would be better off without them coz right now they are just not worth spamming player's eye with so much going on on the screen. I would suggest you to rethink particle effects and try putting more thought into them. Imagine this guy fully buffed: with auras, orb effects, bloodlust and other shit. And now imagine a player desperately trying to visually address the effects on this model. And they also kinda stack up with his team-glow which makes it even messier. If effects were at least cool.

Also keep in mind that in WC3 undead dissipate animations don't have hero's body lifted up. It would also make more sense here like if *the evil spirit leaves the armor* or something.

P.S. I will get to the orc version later. That model is still a blast of creativity and neat execution.

As in description the purple and black fogs were up to Death and Decay, maybe the Frostmourne particles could be activated in attack animations, hints please. And yeah, I forgot that undead heroes does not levitate in Dissipate Animation, only Lich and Dreadlord dissapears in Death Animation.

Again, Model Edition is my strong point, and about my orcish version just put it in the Simple Section, I dont know how to upgrade the model.

Furthermore thanks for the Approval!

What happens to a mage/shaman when his Mana is 0 or all his skills are on CD?

He picks up his mace and his shield and becomes a regular revenant :v

What I mean is that it would be nice to see him being more like a lich type of caster, maybe with some lich animations, plus banshee animations and stuff like that.

Level 2
As in description the purple and black fogs were up to Death and Decay, maybe the Frostmourne particles could be activated in attack animations, hints please. And yeah, I forgot that undead heroes does not levitate in Dissipate Animation, only Lich and Dreadlord dissapears in Death Animation.

Again, Model Edition is my strong point, and about my orcish version just put it in the Simple Section, I dont know how to upgrade the model.

Furthermore thanks for the Approval!

I tried to spot its flaws and improvements but as far as I know - nothing wrong with this model. :)

Until someone had pointed it out.

As said, quote/unquote @
JesusHipster

the particles sure may look exaggeratedly "showy."

but don't get me wrong, it's not quite a big deal anyway. ;)

All in all I am enjoying having him on my Models Library. keep up the good work, mate!

Level 5
I really like what you did here; if there was ever going to be a faithful Warcraft 3 incarnation of the Lich King, this would definitely be it. Well, besides the Orcus on his Throne vanilla one Blizzard gave us (obligatory joke, sorry).

Plus I feel bad that I've been using this in my map (Undead King's Guards for the LOTR King of the Dead) and haven't rated it.

5/5, man.

Last edited:
Level 20
I really like what you did here; if there was ever going to be a faithful Warcraft 3 incarnation of the Lich King, this would definitely be it. Well, besides the Orcus on his Throne vanilla one Blizzard gave us (obligatory joke, sorry).

Plus I feel bad that I've been using this in my map (Undead King's Guards for the LOTR King of the Dead) and haven't rated it.

5/5, man.

LOL thanks!

Level 3
Its good ware looking for some thing like this but i think it would be better if u change the color of his armor and eyes to blue and make the body inside more darker (personal idea )
but it's good 5/5 now i can destroy azeroth:mwahaha: