• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BANG! [v1.2][+AI]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz

BANG!
created by Calciumcarbonat

Map Info:

BANG! is an assymetrical skillshot game, in which every player plays a different role with its own objective every round.
There is always one Sheriff, Outlaws who want to kill him and Deputies who want to protect him.
The person that is the Sheriff is revealed to everybody, all the other identities are hidden.
Your job is to figure out who is your friend and who is your foe and to eleminate or protect the right persons.

Role Objectives:

SHERIFF
All Outlaws and Renegades must die and you have to survive! This is the only role revealed at the start of the round.
DEPUTY
Protect the Sheriff at all costs and help him to kill all the Outlaws and Renegades!
OUTLAW
Kill the Sheriff! Set up ambushes and eleminate him quickly!
RENEGADE
Be the last man standing, kill the Sheriff at last!
Try to keep the balance between the Sheriff's forces and his enemies.

Features:

Each round players change their role. Additionally every player receives one out of 13 different special traits
like placing traps, throwing bombs or applying other players name and colour.

Some other stuff:
  • 9 different maps
  • Skillshot based combat system, with heavy impact
  • Custom spells
  • AI Computer players included
  • Weapons, powerups and other items

Screenshots:

172819-albums8347-picture100272.png

172819-albums8347-picture100273.png

172819-albums8347-picture100274.png

Change Log:

- Map released the first time

- New, more aesthetic map preview
- Increased running speed
- Changed number of outlaws and deputies on higher player numbers
- Added timer shown by player wood
- Changed Victory-Points to be indicated by the food supply
- Changed sheriff indication effect
- Stab ability now has a mini-stun and longer cooldow
- Improved turning rate of Gunslingers
- fixed bug on showdown that let people spawn without weapons
- Reduced cooldown of Beartrap and Barricade abilites
- Added new explosion system and effects
- Explosive Barells now look like the same like normal Barells
- Added a new map with trains that can kill people
- The Sheriff now gets a Tequila item, which heals, when there are more then 2 outlaws in the game.
- Sheriff gets debuff when killing a deputy.
- Added Quest Log which includes descriptions of the roles and credits

Credits:

Models:
  • Sephiroth VII
  • UgoUgo
  • Frankster
  • Ket
  • Blood Raven
  • Will the Almighty
  • Skizzik
Icons:
  • UgoUgo
  • Darkfang
  • M0rbid
  • Captain_Rufar
  • Frankster
  • PeeKay
Reviewing, Testing and Feedback:
  • Rex.
  • Shadow Fury

Author's notes:
My main inspirations for this game have been the card game 'Bang!', as well as the WC3 maps 'Toy Soldiers' and 'Inflicted Random Arena'.
I highly recommend to check them out too.
The game is best when you play together with your friends and communicate via skype or something (It is always fun to fool your friends).
The AI is good at shooting but a little dump and bad at human interaction (Ohh suprise :p ).
It will hopefully be available at MakeMeHost too.
I hope you enjoy it, I am happy for all feedback I get :)

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
shooting, wild, west, shooter, skillshot, skill, bang, bang!, sheriff, outlaw, werewolf, gun, pistol, gunslinger, desert
Contents

BANG! [v1.2][+AI] (Map)

Reviews
20:06, 15th Mar 2016 Ardenian: Please add credits for the custom preview picture background. Please also don't multi-upload. Update the old one instead.

M

20:06, 15th Mar 2016
Ardenian: Please add credits for the custom preview picture background.
Please also don't multi-upload. Update the old one instead.

Level 8
I remember this map. It was really good but it just needed to have its leaks fixed so I set it to needs fix. Did you remove all leaks? If you did, I shall approve your map straightaway based on my old review.

Ahh okay. Yes I uploaded it some time ago, but could not find it in the pending or the rejected map section, so I guessed it was a server issue or something.
I hope this version is lack free. At least I had no problems by testing with bots.
If not I have a problem since I have no clue how to remove the leaks.:goblin_cry:

Level 21
Ahh okay. Yes I uploaded it some time ago, but could not find it in the pending or the rejected map section, so I guessed it was a server issue or something.
I hope this version is lack free. At least I had no problems by testing with bots.
If not I have a problem since I have no clue how to remove the leaks.

I'll check your map again for the leaks. There are awesome tutorials on how to remove them. I can link them to you if you want.

Level 8
I'll check your map again for the leaks. There are awesome tutorials on how to remove them. I can link them to you if you want.

Yes, thank you! I checked out a list of everything that leaks and clean up the very frequent loops (Knockback System, Missile System) for the next version.
I try to use variables for all locations and unit groups. But if I need to fix every single thing, it will take ages and this map will probably never be released :(. I hope it is enough to clean up the loops. I don't really see the point of investing hours of work into something that barely makes a difference in performance.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What is about the large space not being used, at the bottom of the map ?