• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taco Chef

A model I made to be used as a merchant. Just a girl selling tacos for a living.

Uses medieval sauce bottles with a wooden frame and leather for the sauce. So much better than dem futuristic plastics.

And a lot of people requested a human version of my orc chef, so here it is.

The name of the place is a reference to the attire of the merchant. Yup. Definitely nothing else that I'm referring to.

Keywords:
Taco, Chef, Merchant, Food, Bob Marley
Contents

Taco Chef (Model)

Reviews
11:41, 29th Oct 2015 Misha: another one to the Toma's cooking team :P
hahah :D this is awesome

although would you maaybe improve a few bits? like.. hiding the taco that's rigged to the same-similar bone position as the ladle? ya know, so it's only seen when she works with it and gives it to the customer :b Also, to not have her arms clip through each other when idle or (when returning to that idle-keyframe)

and lastly, the lich-head mask could use a lill bit more, just so it feels more like not glued on her head :3

Level 20
hahah :D this is awesome

although would you maaybe improve a few bits? like.. hiding the taco that's rigged to the same-similar bone position as the ladle? ya know, so it's only seen when she works with it and gives it to the customer :b Also, to not have her arms clip through each other when idle or (when returning to that idle-keyframe)

and lastly, the lich-head mask could use a lill bit more, just so it feels more like not glued on her head :3

Odd, I didn't notice that. Gonna fix it real quick.

And without quoting everyone, yes, the plot is great here.

Edit2: Yeah, updated. But if u mean the ones in the portrait animation, since it's not visible in the camera just ignore it, since the portrait animation plays based on the camera position.

Last edited:
Level 10
The model is amazing and I really wanna give it 5/5 but the "Boner's" just completely ruins a perfectly useful and well made model.

Level 4
Omg. This is damn brilliant. Those anims are anything a dude would like of them.
It should be heart attack tacos, her chest may explode while she does those tacos, plus extra grease into the preparation to ensure cardiovascular attacks xD!
Hehe, 5/5.

Level 20
btw Toma, those letters might be a little too detailed thing, comparing to the rest of the model.. perhaps you should try with making them 2D or just writing those on a custom texture, so you can use just one plane..

oh and.. this skull-cap thingie still doesn't look like something is actually keeping it tied to her head

Isn't it like a tiara now? And I didn't really wanan use a 2D texture cause don't wanna use well, custom texture.

Isn't it like a tiara now? And I didn't really wanan use a 2D texture cause don't wanna use well, custom texture.

what you did was not really make those two things actually wrap around the head, they're just in top, floating.. therefore, it still isn't looking real-ish

as for the custom text, well.. milkshape can convert text into flat mesh, if you choose some simple font, or simplify it even more once it creates it

this is one of the most creative things iv ever seen that remains stationary and does literally nothing more then stand, stand 2, stand work, portrait, and portrait talk, and even lacks a ''death'' ''spell'' ''attack'' or ''walk'' animations.... pretty much requirements for a real unit.

iv meshed many models and animated many models and created a few skins icons and even mastered particle emitters, yet to be surprised once in a while like this is a nice change.

pros: plenty of them, she is cute, she has a nice Halloween style costume, she has nice animations, if not many, they are themed well, the food looks convincing, her boobs move, sure, but more then that virtually every part of her moves, even the skirt and legs. a waste of no meshing.

her portrait animations give you a better clearer view of her pretty face in game.

cons:

the taco attached to her hand moves improperly during stand work, fix that by keeping it in her hand or at least closer to it til it vanishes.

suggestions:

her mask on the side of her head, while making sense to me, as a costume themed item, simply looks odd where it is, I suggest you move it to the top of her head, the way people normally unmask their faces. it will make her face harder to see from the sky but the portrait fixes that any ways so its not that important. as it is its strange on the side of her head to me. personal thing any way.

her skirt hides her legs too much, for the amount of work put into the legs we should see them better, I suggest you make her skirt more skimpy by narrowing and heightening it for more sexual appeal, we are all human here, and the sexier she is the more likely she will be used in maps, hence more usefulness.

the mask gives you the opportunity to add alternates, perhaps copying and pasting all the animations over again, only with the mask pulled down on to her face, or lifted up off it, via morph/morph alternate, could add some use.

I suggest adding some kind of death, grim I know, but some people have maps with apocalypses you know, where every thing and every one dies, if even just a simple one such as her running away from the stand, vanishing, and her whole stand collapsing destroyed.

I suggest adding a birth, if even something simple, such as parts of it appearing over time til she appears, at the very end.

I suggest you add more polys to that big pot of white stuff over the fire, its too low poly in my opinion, and looks un matching to other parts of the model with more polys.

I also suggest you lower the polys for the wood in the fire, by copying the in game fire pits wood, for a more simple look, to better match wc3.

for a shop model that lacks in animation count this is very unique I like it a lot. 7/10

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Omg this is amazing. The animations are crafted with love. You can actually see the process.
Maybe boner's taco was too much, maybe just another image of a taco would of been cooler.