• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Curse of Immortality

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
Vampiral

THE CURSE OF IMMORTALITY
Created by VAMPIRAL

Map Info:

A woman, who was recently slain after seeing her husband butchered by the local warlord, is brought by a mysterious stranger. With the stranger's aid, she sets out on a quests to avenge herself and her husband. But the stranger is hiding secrets...

Features:

Custom heroes.
A challenging map.
Unique gameplay elements

Change Log:

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • You

Models:
  • Kitabatake (Dark Warlock)
  • wojia10502 (Knight)
  • Wandering Soul (Footarcher)
  • JetFangInferno (Shivas Wings)
  • PROXY (Undead death knight)
  • Tranquil (Female Angel)
  • WhiteDeath (Iron Queen)
  • Deolrin (Arcane Huntress)
Icons:
  • debode (Arcane Huntress)

Author's notes:

Have fun with the resurrection ability!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Vampiral, Magic, Resurection, RP
Contents

The Curse of Immortality (Map)

Reviews
01:05, 20th Apr 2015 Orcnet: My review
Level 25
Terrain needs working on.

So after the cinematic, I walk along the road. I come to the village, but it's blocked by an invisible wall. I don't like invisible walls, they're annoying.
So I use iseedeadpeople to find the lake cuz I'm in a hurry. It's to the left of the invisible wall. Okay.

Sofar the story is good, rest needs working on, abilites are the same as Warcraft 3, the units are the same as Warcraft 3 except they have different names and models.

So yeah, you have the story but you really need to work on the gameplay. Fighting units with a hero that has critical strike and immolation is .. boring.
Cheers!

Level 23

MAP NAME: The Curse of Immortality
MAP AUTHOR: Vampiral
MAP VERSION: 1.0

TERRAIN
The terrain was very bad, you did not place enough doodads to decorate your terrain. It looks very plain and very empty and there were no tile variations like in roads you did just put one tile straight ahead and it looks awful, the forests looks plain too just trees and a few shrubs. Maybe place rocks, plants and etc.
GAMEPLAY
The gameplay was not that good for an RPG it's very boring, the heroes was very boring to use for they have the same old default "Blizzard spells" but you did just customized some of the default spell's icons. Also there are no usable items that can be bought or obtain throughout the map while the Boss have 6 items and my 2 heroes have nothing not even a potion. The Mental Stress thing was very unique idea but still it was not enough to entertain me. The whole gameplay was pretty raw and needs more work.
STORY
The story was pretty unique by far the best part of your map, the characters were interesting, I didn't notice any grammar mistakes but there were typos in few lines. Also I notice in most cinematics the cameras were static, they are not moving or change position just stay from a same position until the end of the cinematic, Maybe make them move around a bit? Well I didn't really understand the ending (a bit) but you've done a good job on the story. Well done!
SUGGESTIONS
Improve your terrain, add more decorations, tiles and etc.
Add usable items to aid the heroes (like potions and such.). Add shops they could prove useful.
Make the final boss more challenging, the boss has a normal hero stat. Making him very boring to battle with.
Add custom spells for the main heroes, the default spells are boring to work with.
Improve the gameplay too, add unique elements like some optional quests, some twists and maybe traps at the Fortress (Maybe) to add more challenge to the heroes and also maybe riddles to challenge the player's minds? Just my thoughts.
Improve your cinematics make the cameras move around the scene not just staying at the same position until the end of the cinematic.
Change Cryptic's sound set. Priestess of the Moon sound set just don't fit (You can hear the tiger's roar while Cryptic have no tiger). Maybe try the sorceress one it may fit well.
Maybe add fountains or healing spots to heal the heroes.
Lastly the description looks nice but maybe add some screenshots.
OVERALL
I really like the story but I think the map needs more work specially at the terrain. I'll give it 2/5 - I vote for Needs Fix HAPPY MAPPING!

Level 34
Vampiral, I just played map.
Not bad at all. I must tell you that I am amazing with storyline, although there should be some improvements.
Nice story, conversations and actions combo.
However, there are some mistakes. After you kill that evil Lord, you got mission to find meetings, but player can be confused where is meeting. You should make some hint or notifications where player should go. I accidentally saw that portal in the middle of map, and decided to go there. So it was it, last cinemations appeared with weird explanations but its still good.
What bothers me is terrain which is obviously big, but needs more work. it currently looks like everything is thrown quickly and player feels like there are holes and something is messy. So I suggest adding of doodads, more elements etc etc...
Decent map, was kinda fun. 3/5 but needs more work definitively.

Level 30
Played the game, I seem to believed the game story line is just way out of reason and it gives a lot of cliche to each character of the map, the cinematic scenes are quite busted to what I observed, its like some of the scenes are just still shots while most of it are just locked on a camera position while a conversation of some characters were in placed.

I also don't get it why I can go straight and attack the enemy soldiers, knights, and the big bad boss after the long cinematic that took place, could it be a little more thrilling if you can relocate the boss in some place where you can actually attack him instead of just letting him stay behind after the cinematic?

I used god-mode cheat to see what happens, and to realize that killing the big boss was not the main goal but to just reach each cinematic scene until the end. I think that idea is problematic, a finale should at least stay on the last end of the map with a strong point of trigger mechanism that can really end the story, an example can be killing the boss, reach X place to meet end, etc. Not just for the cinematic.

The terrain looks very dull, and most of the world is just stay on one ground level, you could try adding cliffs, water bridges, more layouts that can give the whole level design some detail.

Lastly, the game is quite hard to maintain grinding and surviving, I end up just going straight to the main quest to go X here and watch cinematic instead of having a real role playing game where I can boost up from enemy creeps and gain items, exp, and a couple of merchants nearby for my hero attain something.

I suggest adding more creep system(respawn, difficulty, semi-boss raiding location etc.), add items, companions if it may be needed (ex. ally spirits or soldier to get hired on similar mercenary camps), and much more.

For now, the cinematic can give more shape, but I think this could be of better for practice.