• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Jestlord

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: TKF
The Jestlord

Created by KommissarReb

Play Information

Press F9 to open the quest log when in-game. The quest log will tell you what to do.

Story
Months after the Legion's defeat at Mount Hyjal, Kil'Jaeden the Deciever has recruited the help of the Blackrock Clan to spark another invasion in the Eastern Kingdoms. A Pit Lord was sent through the portal to ensure the orcs succeed in their task by corrupting a fountain of mana, and thus converting it into a pool in which the orcs become Fel-enhanced. Thrall's Horde and the Alliance, led by Jaina Proudmoore, go to the outskirts of the Burning Steppes to stop the Dark Horde once and for all.

An Alliance captain known as Akh600lp heads to the headquarters of the Great Alliance to meet up with his older brother, KommissarReb. KommissarReb is a human warlock that, despite his use of Fel magic, has used his powers to fight the Burning Legion (when he wasn't busy doing something else, of course).

A sinister person has crafted a portal and linked it to the twisting Nether. He is responsible for rallying the Fel Orcs and Legion lackeys to attack the Eastern Kingdoms, and he must be punished.

Some Nerubian remnants have built a settlement in the area, and are currently fighting mad against the Blackrock orcs. Although the Nerubians would make ideal allies, they share the same xenophobic contempt towards you as they do with the enemy. It is advised avoid them whenever possible.

Features:

- Custom Heroes
- Neutral Hostile creeps that drop items
- Attacks from Nerubian/Blackrock bases are periodic every 250 seconds until the Ogre Lord (Blackrock base) or Nerubian Queen (Nerubian base) is killed.
- Alliance/Horde base has Goblin Merchant that sells VERY useful items (stock max of 1)
- A secret area
- When the Pit Lord boss dies, the Fountain of Blood reverts back into a Fountain of Mana
- Leeroy Jenkins!

Author's notes
This is a Role Playing Game map I made for my brother. He saw me make a hero based on my WoW character (KommissarReb) in my Zombie Survival map, so I made this map for him. His character is the starting unit, and I am in the game as well. Our abilities are based on what my character would use, and what he wanted for his character. The map may seem too easy, but he wanted something he could beat. There's little penalty for your heroes dying, so feel free to pull a Leeroy (though it may be time-consuming)

Added:
  • More attackers
  • Some new enemies
  • gray item drops
  • A working Inferno Spell for final boss
  • Randomly occurring Rain & lightning
  • Birds and bats
Removed:
  • Invulnerability for cannon towers
  • Abilities for enemy heroes that the AI doesn't use

June 4, 2015

-Added Rain
-Added Lightning in localized areas
-Edited NPC's

Note: I am unable to update it further as the game makes it only compatible for The Frozen Throne.

Credits:

Blizzard Entertainment-for making the game
KommissarReb-for making the map
Akh600lp-playtester

Keywords:
Warcraft III, KommissarReb, Akh600lp, Role, Playing, Game, Medieval, Joker, Blackrock, Frostwolf, Horde, Alliance, Lordaeron, Azeroth, Burning Legion,
Contents

The Jestlord (Map)

Reviews
Shadow Fury: Maps lacks excitement, it gets boring really soon. The enemy attackers get stuck and are unable to pass each other because they form a large crowd. Default skills surely do not contribute to a better gameplay experience since custom...

M

Shadow Fury: Maps lacks excitement, it gets boring really soon. The enemy attackers get stuck and are unable to pass each other because they form a large crowd. Default skills surely do not contribute to a better gameplay experience since custom skills > default skills. The game is also very difficult and could take ages to be won because the skills aren't even helpful enough to fight large armies. Only Inferno may be of some help but the rest cannot let my heroes tackle massive hordes of enemies. Most of the items are useless and can only be sold to a vendor but that really ruins the gameplay. Getting legendary items from bosses would be cool and appropriate for an RPG. Even more basic items would be good enough, just don't let most of them be useless.

For those reasons above, the map is set to needs fix.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Level 21
This RPG is really cheap for the following reasons:

1- The abilities for the heroes are old ones. If you want to make a successful RPG, do NEVER use old Blizzard skills. They are just too boring. It was also disappointing to see that the hero stats were unchanged. Captain is completely equal to Paladin and KommissarReb to Archmage. Come on, those stats must be changed. And how can a person wielding a sword attack and let us hear the sound of Metal Heavy Bash? It should be Metal Medium/Heavy Slice
2- My allies' base is impenetrable. They are just too strong and there is no risk that they'll get destroyed by invaders. This doesn't make me worry about them and makes the game too easy and boring. You cannot make a game "impossible to lose" as you said in your description. There's no fun if you can only win without risking to lose.
3- May I know why items are dropped by triggers? You could've simply clicked on those units ---> Items Dropped ---> Click on None ---> Use Custom Item Table ---> New Set ---> Choose the item you want the creep to drop
4- The boss is too weak and easy to beat, not really worth a good RPG. I expected to have an exciting boss fight where the boss would crush me unless I used my skills smartly. Sadly, that's what I dreamed of.
5- Terrain was good in some areas and bad in others. You lack of environmental doodads in almost all the map.
6- The RPG was boring to play. Used whosyourdaddy to finish it quickly after I spent 10 minutes playing it (bad, really bad when I do this). That's because there was nothing new or interesting to convince me that this RPG was worthy enough to let me play it fairly without whosyourdaddy cheat

Overall this RPG needs a lot of work. Till now, 2/5 and AWAITING UPDATE!

Level 21
Since you are new here, it's great to cheat out some maps from hive! Aim for the 3-4 stars maps! Play it and be creative!

I am not new here -_-
I do like that. If the map is interesting to play, I go on playing normally and try to finish the map fairly because I cannot review completely an RPG map if I don't know how it ends. But if the map is boring, why should I tire myself playing it when I can finish it quickly? That of course will not let me know if the map obtains proper balance between difficulty and simplicity but if he said "it's impossible to lose", then I already understand that the map is too easy and not challenging at all.

Level 4
The abilities for the heroes are old ones. If you want to make a successful RPG, do NEVER use old Blizzard skills. They are just too boring. It was also disappointing to see that the hero stats were unchanged. Captain is completely equal to Paladin and KommissarReb to Archmage. Come on, those stats must be changed. And how can a person wielding a sword attack and let us hear the sound of Metal Heavy Bash? It should be Metal Medium/Heavy Slice

I didn't feel like there was any urgent reason to change the stats, so I didn't. Also, I don't know how to change the sound files. (Just keep in mind, I don't have The Frozen Throne expansion)

My allies' base is impenetrable. They are just too strong and there is no risk that they'll get destroyed by invaders. This doesn't make me worry about them and makes the game too easy and boring. You cannot make a game "impossible to lose" as you said in your description. There's no fun if you can only win without risking to lose.

This map wasn't meant for "hardcore" players who eat nails for breakfast (without milk) and can beat "March of the Scourge" while wearing a blindfold. I said in the Author's Notes that I made it for players like my brother, who can't handle anything. Next map I'll make it more challenging.

May I know why items are dropped by triggers? You could've simply clicked on those units ---> Items Dropped ---> Click on None ---> Use Custom Item Table ---> New Set ---> Choose the item you want the creep to drop

I wasn't aware that I could do this. Thanks for telling me.

The boss is too weak and easy to beat, not really worth a good RPG. I expected to have an exciting boss fight where the boss would crush me unless I used my skills smartly. Sadly, that's what I dreamed of.

If that's what you want, its what you'll get in the next update.

Terrain was good in some areas and bad in others. You lack environmental doodads in almost all the map.

Strange. I thought I put too many. I was using the Blizzard melee maps for reference.

The RPG was boring to play. Used whosyourdaddy to finish it quickly after I spent 10 minutes playing it (bad, really bad when I do this). That's because there was nothing new or interesting to convince me that this RPG was worthy enough to let me play it fairly without whosyourdaddy cheat

If it was so easy to beat, why would you need cheats? And I was never told that I needed something 'new or interesting' like custom models or units with different properties. I am new to mapping, so don't sent the stakes so high.

Anyway, I'll take the advice and let you know when I've made an updated version of the map for those of you who are looking to fight a challenge. I'll try to get it on here sooner rather than later.

Level 15
I am not new here -_-
I do like that. If the map is interesting to play, I go on playing normally and try to finish the map fairly because I cannot review completely an RPG map if I don't know how it ends. But if the map is boring, why should I tire myself playing it when I can finish it quickly? That of course will not let me know if the map obtains proper balance between difficulty and simplicity but if he said "it's impossible to lose", then I already understand that the map is too easy and not challenging at all.

I am not talking bout you sir. It's the map uploader.

Any way, newbie. A map with creativity will rise to the top!
If you play with the editor for like a few months then please train yourself until you can impress people especially people like ShadowFury. :)

Edit: Show me how good you are! If you have improve it drastically then 3-4 stars will be yours! :)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I didn't knew it could pop up new mappers in this 13 year old game, I started out 7-8 years ago and made the first altered melee maps where units could level up like heroes (I don't think didn't knew about map leaks back then), it did get rejected because I put a system into a map without even altering the map itself at all and thus got rejected.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/divide-conquer-promotion-81653/

However your first submission is actually better than my first. I made maps before then based on blizzard normal abilities. For todays players that is a boring gameplay for high level custom maps. That's why someone doesn't like playing melee, because its boring and its abilities is normal and dull.

Level 21
So you're using Reign of Chaos world editor? That explains some things...
Anyway, yes I said the game is "easy" but I didn't mention it was "long" too.
Your purpose is to make a non-challenging game I suppose but if you really intend to do so, then your map will not have success. There are far too many maps on the hive like yours (unluckily approved because the standard for approval was low). You need to add new, original and creative stuff to your map to make it good enough for an approval but since you are using RoC, this is pretty hard because you cannot create custom skills. In this case, you should focus more on the gameplay rather than on skills. Start by creating new items, that's possible. New creeps too won't ruin. A weaker base and stronger invaders will make the game cooler and more challenging. Dont' focus on a boring, easy, non-challenging map for an RPG because this will not attract a lot of people, believe me.

Level 4
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

@ShadowFury: I'm currently making an updated version of this map that will be for you guys. I promise you that this version wont be as easy. Of course, I'll need to make it beatable for myself in order to do a proper playtest. I probably should have known better than to release a nerfed version of the map because its not fun if you can just steamroll everything.

I will update this map (and post some screenshots) when I can. I've got homework to do this week so I'll do it in my spare time.

Update:This map has been updated. Try it out and tell me if I improved.

Last edited:
Level 21
Level 4
Hey,i'm good with RPGs so if you need help or suggestions or have questions or problems feel free to contact me.Ill help you in anyway i can.
Take a look at this,http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/creating-bossfight-94684/ .Its very usefull and helped me a lot when i was still new to making maps.Or rather after that.I was HORRIBLE when i started making maps xD. Just ask Shadow Fury.

Thanks, I was reading that post and I saw some of the videos. If you play my map (download the new and improved, updated version), and you reach the Pit Lord, he does have some interesting attacks, lots of health, and can summon very powerful minions. The Dreadlord final boss does have abilities as well, but the hero abilities seem to have been unused when playtesting. I don't know why this is.

Anyway, here is the link to the screenshots for this map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/243467-albums7991.html Some of the screens may be outdated, so be aware of that.

Last edited:
Level 4
Lacky's Review
[TD]

The Jestlord
KommissarReb

Gameplay

Terrain

Suggestion

Verdict

Gameplay

[R]
Gameplay.jpg
It was a great RPG Map. The main objective is to kill the Dreadlord, or he call himself "The Joker". I was having fun playing it. When I started playing this RPG Map, there's a text, that is not well type, and Gnolls are attacking the base. The text is: Quest Discovered:The Friend Warlock, you should write the text like this: Main Quest: Search for KommissarReb.

When my both heroes dies, Akh600lp the Captain and KommissarReb the Warlock, then I clicked on the altar, I see a Human Race Heroes in the altar.

Once my both heroes were revived, Akh600lp the Captain and KommissarReb the Warlock. I was continuing my exploring in the forest, and found a bunch of group of neutrals, Drakes, Ogres, Trolls, etc. Why it has Fel Orc and Death Knight?

The boss fight of the Pit Lord was kinda boring. It was so easy to kill, no skills to be use, no spawns of units, only the summoning of the Doom Guard, then nothing.

A few minutes later, a bunch of neutrals came to the base (Same thing, what I have said, when I was exploring the forest.), while I was attacking the Treant and the Murcloc way to the Dreadlord, or he call himself "The Joker", and I just realized it was an idea, about attacking the base.

Before I went to the Dreadlord, or he call himself "The Joker", I went first to the Nerubian Base. I saw a Drakes, Revenants, and Dark Wizards. Why Nerubians have Drakes, Revenants, and Dark Wizards?

Then, I went to the Dreadlord, or he call himslef "The Joker". The boss fight of the Dreadlord was much more boring, than the boss fight of the Pit Lord, so easy to kill, and nothing much happen. The Dreadlord just attack and keeps summoning of Infernal, unlike the Pit Lord, he only summons the Doom Guard once.

Anyways, I was having fun playing it.

Score: 7/15

Terrain

[R]
BTNTerrain.jpg
The terrain, is wonderful. Nothing much to say, the tiles fits well, but I see some plain spot, like the Nerubian Base. The doodads are well place.

Score: 7/10

Suggestion

[R]
BTNSuggestion.jpg
  • Change the text Quest Discovered:The Friend Warlock to Main Quest: Search for KommissarReb
  • Remove the Human Race Heroes in the altar.
  • Improved the terrain a little bit.
  • Add some doodads.
  • Add some abilities to the Bosses, like Howl of Terror, Death Wave (Shockwave.), Finger of Death, etc.
  • Add some events to the Boss fight, like spawning Fel Stalker, Fel Grunt, etc.
  • Change the abilities of Akh600lp the Captain and KommissarReb the Warlock, to a better one.
  • You should really take a look at this tutorial.

Verdict

[R]
Verdict.jpg

Total Score

Explanation

Unexpected tab 3

Score
Rate
Status
14/25
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
Pending
Score
Rate
Status
21 - 25
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Approved
16 - 20
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
Approved | Pending
11 - 15
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
Approved | Pending | Rejection
6 - 10
Rate.jpg
Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
Approved | Pending | Rejection
1 - 5
Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
No%20Rate.jpg
Rejection
[/color]

Last edited:
Level 4
To Lacky & Archimonde Supreme...

@Lacky: Thanks for the review! I will update my map again to try and meet those standards.

You of course are aware that I am currently using RoC editor and will be unable to use TFT editor until I get the chance to buy it, right?

The attackers have Fel Orcs because they drank from the blood of the Pit Lord boss. Some of the Blackrock orcs are green because they didn't drink that blood either because they were busy on the front fighting at their posts, or they were deemed "unworthy". The Death Knights are remnants of Gul'dan's death knights from Warcraft II.

About the Nerubian base: The Nerubians are a moderately-armed speed bump meant to slow down you and the Blackrocks. The Nerubians hired the help of necromancers, and befriended some Revenants, and Blue Dragons. I'm still thinking up a good excuse for that. The Nerubian base lacks doodads because its dead and barren from the blight, and I couldn't use too many non-static doodads because they need the room.

The Nerubian base is heavily guarded and you aren't really intended to go there. But if the Nerubian Queen dies, she drops an item the same way the Ogre Lord in the Blackrock base does.

I didn't put much thought into the beginning quest. I didn't think the name of the quest had to be the instruction, but I can always edit that later. You technically don't have to complete it, but its just easier to do so.

I tried my best to make the bosses as interesting as possible. I'm not sure what to do, and I did go to the link in Archimonde supreme's first post.

Again, thank you so much for the review. I appreciate it! :cool:

I don't find the spell Feral Spirits fitting for a warrior-captain.I suggest you replace it with Bash

I gave the captain spells Akh600lp requested. he wanted him to have the "Reign of Fire" spell, but I changed it to Holy Light after a few updates later. I'm kind of afraid that Bash would make the mission too easy.

Last edited:
Level 21
Terrain

The terrain is not so bad but the Nerubian base could use some improvements such as a few doodads.Other than that the tiles are well chosen.However,there is a ramp(at the murlocs near the base)that doesn't look right and has black gapes in it.
2015-03-13%2018_27_26-Greenshot.jpg

Overall i fell the terrain is acceptable but could use some improvements

Gameplay

The patrols and attacks make the gameplay slightly more interesting.There are some creeps to help you level aswell as a shop to use the gold in.However i think there should be to more shops:Basic goblin merchant and Epic goblin merchant.Some creeps are oddly placed on cliffs.I understand why you did this but they are quite hard to defeat and reach.There is also a deer stuck between trees on a cliff,that doesn't really make sense.Another thing i noted is the altar with heroes which i think is a bad thing since RPGs are supposed to be about role-playing as a specific person.
Overall the gameplay has some faults but once they are fixed it will be acceptable

Suggestions

-Add some doodads around and in the Nerubian base,such as corpses,skulls etc
-remove the units from the cliff
-add the two merchants i suggested in Gameplay
-remove the altar or the heroes in it
-redo the whole ramp

Vote

This map has potential but i feel that it is not quite ready for approval
I give you 3/5 and vote for Awaiting update!

Last edited: