• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rektaptor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This model is base on olofmoleman (Raptor).

I have original author permission to change and upload it here.
olofmoleman%20Per.jpg

Update:
+Add Team color part.
+Fix Crest.

Next Update:
Teeth maybe.

Keywords:
Dinosaurus Dino Dragon Lizzard Red Fire
Contents

Rektaptor (Model)

Reviews
00:37, 5th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Features huge gaping holes in the mesh. Also, the texture is rather stretched, so work on that too.

M

00:37, 5th Apr 2015
MiniMage: Features huge gaping holes in the mesh. Also, the texture is rather stretched, so work on that too.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
The one I've got is still somewhat better, but this is the next-best Raptor model (that fits in Wc3) that I've seen out there.

Nice job. Nice wrap.

I'm almost more impressed by the fact that you brought Olofmoleman out of 'retirement' to answer your question. :p

Level 14
The one I've got is still somewhat better, but this is the next-best Raptor model (that fits in Wc3) that I've seen out there.

Nice job. Nice wrap.

I'm almost more impressed by the fact that you brought Olofmoleman out of 'retirement' to answer your question. :p

I just know that he has been more active on devianart site when he less active here. so i tried.

any advice to impove this model?

well, except making that crest less distorted, you should also make the lower base of his tail also less distorted (which should be mainly UV bit)

maybe you should shorten the snout and fix the 'snap sfx' at his mouth, or remove it if you can't fiddle with geoset animations.. and lastly, fix the inside of his mouth so he has teeth, and good ones

Level 24
I got wierded by its name a little, "Rek" "tap" "tor"? ^_^'
anyway, it really does have a distorted part in his crest, and also below his tail and butt, but that cannot be seen, so that part is ok, but why is the mouth glow showing up in Attack, Stand Ready, Walk and Stand 3?, it only shows up in Channel right?

And I agree with Misha, it needs teeth, "Sharp" ones :), and also as Wazzz said, Team color will make this a great predator,
Other than that, I like the idea, a bird-like face combined with a Deinonychus(Raptor if you call it) body, its quite good, 4/5

Level 35
The addition of team color is nice (adds to the functionality a great deal, although I'm a tad finicky on the placement of the leg ones, it adds a great deal of visibility which is crucial), but looking at this in Magos (so I'm not sure if it functions differently in game), the glow from the Roar animation seems to display for the unit's attack, walk and some of the stand animations.
~Admin