• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Prop Hunt Reforged

porCjVG.png

NEW VIDEO ON REFORGED:

OLD VIDEOS BEFORE REFORGED:

Optional modes each round that add more customization to the game
• Two main game modes (Endless/Rounds)

13 Different Playable areas that randomize each round

Previews
Contents

Krazykid's Prop Hunt Reforged (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b akaka's Prop Hunt by akaka / Crazykid RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 24/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20 Total Score: 41/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars: 10-24 1...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
akaka's Prop Hunt
by akaka / Crazykid
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 24/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20
Total Score: 41/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay resembles most hide and seek maps such as murder at the mansion. It shares the basic features such as disguising as a prop, and the "seeker" having a number of chances to find them. With the feature of rounds and being able to move around, those things makes this hide and seek map a little different than the others.

There aren't necessarily any bad points, but I do see some missed opportunities. Map sizes do vary somewhat, but when choosing, the hunter doesn't exactly know which ones are suitable for more or less players. In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props. I understand that you recommend this game for more players, but making it able to be enjoyable for a varied amount is a thing many of the new maps have these days. One other thing is how all of the areas to choose from are only Warcraft terrain themed. The prop hunt section just doesn't have the charm and uniqueness than it could have.

24/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain was done pretty well, it was regular tiles done well.

Your strong point in the terrain was height leveling. When there were cliffs, they weren't ugly and spammed. Every section has very well executed use of height leveling, especially near water.

You did a great job designing things like night elf villages and lava areas. Doodads matched in there rightful environment. The only criticism I have is that there aren't too much special effects. For example, making lava spout in some areas would look fantastic. Those kind of things add on to the visuals of the map, especially if it's basic like terrain.

17/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall if players are tired of playing other hide and seek games, play this one! I don't think players would be disappointed. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 13
Nice variety of maps. Neat re-playability from variants in where doodads spawn. I remember quite a few bugs playing this on bnet, but most of them have likely been fixed by now. As far as originality goes, there are quite a few prob hunts. The UI is a little rough with the gold/lumber/food descrptions and icons. I suggested to make them black but he never got around to that. There are also a few odd capitalization errors. Despite the minor issues, Akaka has done some work to make his map unique. 5/5

Last edited:
Level 8
It's Very Entertaining, I've played with 5 people. We did not know what to do, but slowly we understand this.

Just found a Bug which is:

When you Cancel the Attack when the unit is about to shoot. You lose down 10 life unjustly.

If you can fix it, I appreciate it.

Regards -
3914117349.png

Level 8
It's Very Entertaining, I've played with 5 people. We did not know what to do, but slowly we understand this.

Just found a Bug which is:

When you Cancel the Attack when the unit is about to shoot. You lose down 10 life unjustly.

If you can fix it, I appreciate it.

Regards -
3914117349.png
Ill look into it, glad you like the game! :D]
Edit-Update v.1.02 fixed attack canceling and other stuff.

Last edited:
Level 32
Review finished :cgrin:

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
akaka's Prop Hunt
by akaka / Crazykid
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 24/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20
Total Score: 41/50

5 Stars: 47+

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay resembles most hide and seek maps such as murder at the mansion. It shares the basic features such as disguising as a prop, and the "seeker" having a number of chances to find them. With the feature of rounds and being able to move around, those things makes this hide and seek map a little different than the others.

There aren't necessarily any bad points, but I do see some missed opportunities. Map sizes do vary somewhat, but when choosing, the hunter doesn't exactly know which ones are suitable for more or less players. In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props. I understand that you recommend this game for more players, but making it able to be enjoyable for a varied amount is a thing many of the new maps have these days. One other thing is how all of the areas to choose from are only Warcraft terrain themed. The prop hunt section just doesn't have the charm and uniqueness than it could have.

24/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:

Your strong point in the terrain was height leveling. When there were cliffs, they weren't ugly and spammed. Every section has very well executed use of height leveling, especially near water.

You did a great job designing things like night elf villages and lava areas. Doodads matched in there rightful environment. The only criticism I have is that there aren't too much special effects. For example, making lava spout in some areas would look fantastic. Those kind of things add on to the visuals of the map, especially if it's basic like terrain.

17/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall if players are tired of playing other hide and seek games, play this one! I don't think players would be disappointed. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 8
Review finished :cgrin:

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
akaka's Prop Hunt
by akaka / Crazykid
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 15/20
Total Score: 36/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:

There aren't necessarily any bad points, but I do see some missed opportunities. Map sizes do vary somewhat, but when choosing, the hunter doesn't exactly know which ones are suitable for more or less players. In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props. One other thing is how all of the areas to choose from are only Warcraft themed... there was a shadow of spongebob on the loading screen and it brought some hopes to think that the props might not be generic.

21/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:

Other aesthetics in the map were the doodads. You did a great job designing things like night elf villages and lava areas. Doodads matched in there rightful environment.

15/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

"Shadow of spongebob" Its a box. Running away from a hunter. Its the Garys mod picture for prop hunt. And i suggested 4-8 players in the description. If you have atleast 4, the maps will all be ok to play. Some are bigger than others, yes, but the big ones have less props than then smaller ones. And i did that for the reasons you explained. "In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props."
Also im unsure of what you mean by warcraft 3 themed?, do you mean i didnt put many custom models? I did it to save space, everything looks really good without custom models.

Level 32
- I meant the prop areas aren't too creative, as they are all Warcraft 3 biome related. It is a missed opportunity to add other themes such as horror, arcade, or something just out there and creative.
- Though it says in the description you should have 4-8, wouldn't you think it would be better to have different sections to have different difficulties?
- The map didn't have any issues for the time I've played for 25 minutes, it looks pretty solid.

You put out some reasonable arguments, so I've agreed to meet you half way. Score raised to a low 4 star rating.

Level 8
- I meant the prop areas aren't too creative, as they are all Warcraft 3 biome related. It is a missed opportunity to add other themes such as horror, arcade, or something just out there and creative.
- Though it says in the description you should have 4-8, wouldn't you think it would be better to have different sections to have different difficulties?
- The map didn't have any issues for the time I've played for 25 minutes, it looks pretty solid.

You put out some reasonable arguments, so I've agreed to meet you half way. Score raised to a low 4 star rating.
Well actually i have future plans for more maps to be added,but school and stuff. And i dont see how the maps are war3 related, i havint played campaign or anything. these are all at the top of my head, i made these from scratch. if they are related to war3 in anyway , what a coincidence haha. but thank you for the new rate. :ogre_haosis:

Level 2
Looks pretty damn good, what I do not like is the choice of Hunter models.
Did it really had to be Rifleman? Wouldn't an Necromancer or Orc Warlock be a better pick for Wacraft thematic? If anyone wants to play this with me PM me so we can form a group or something.

Level 8
Looks pretty damn good, what I do not like is the choice of Hunter models.
Did it really had to be Rifleman? Wouldn't an Necromancer or Orc Warlock be a better pick for Wacraft thematic? If anyone wants to play this with me PM me so we can form a group or something.

You can test it with me and my clan, also i changed the model. The pictures are old. Clan Mk and Useast. if u wanna meet up

Level 3
Is there a Ai feature for singleplayer, because I wanted to do a Map showcase on this, and I haven't played the map, so I just want to know is there an AI for Hunters and/or Hiders?

Level 8
Is there a Ai feature for singleplayer, because I wanted to do a Map showcase on this, and I haven't played the map, so I just want to know is there an AI for Hunters and/or Hiders?
No i see no point to add AI, it would not be the same experience as playing it online. I suggest to gather a group or host it on ENT, Ent usually fills up fast. or you can come onto East, Clan Mk (my clan) and play with us.

Level 8
Finally after months of not updating, i have made a new version because the map has gotten very popular on europe and i have been pressured to make a new version even after i said it would be the final version. Enjoy the update everyone.

Level 8
THERE IS TWO VERSIONS OF FINALIZED ROAMING!, one has to wait 200 seconds before a hunter is picked because i forgot to change it back during the testing of this map.

The other is fixed and works like the map is supposed to! sorry everyone. I did not change the name because i didn't feel it was necessary if everyone just replaces the messed up version with the fixed one.

Level 14
pretty cool game design, unfortunately its completely bugged in our case, e.g. the hunter does not move. Do u have to close empty slots for that to work? Nothing really triggers and u cant play more than one round.

Nonetheless we played hide and seek together and had a lot of fun! great concept!

Level 8
Would be nice to have a Christmas version of this or a arena custom for it, that and Halloween style or any other holiday.

Not to sound harsh, but that idea would be pointless. There is already a snow themed area and a dungeon themed area. The Christmas and Halloween ones wouldn't look much different from that except for a Santa Claus or a snowman, which i can add into the snow themed area if it really matters that much. I'm not exactly focused on adding new arenas with slight variations at the moment. I think 12 different playable areas is enough to suffice, don't you think? Perhaps the effort should go into adding new and interesting game play instead.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Not to sound harsh, but that idea would be pointless. There is already a snow themed area and a dungeon themed area. The Christmas and Halloween ones wouldn't look much different from that except for a Santa Claus or a snowman, which i can add into the snow themed area if it really matters that much. I'm not exactly focused on adding new arenas with slight variations at the moment. I think 12 different playable areas is enough to suffice, don't you think? Perhaps the effort should go into adding new and interesting game play instead.

Thats true or add a few more doodads so props have more of a variation each time they play and stuff like that just an idea.. im just one that likes variation of things.. not the same thing over and over again. But, new and different game play would be a nice touch also, not sure what too add on that note but it would be nice.

Level 23
Hi KrazyKid, i just played this map today, and had a ton of fun. I like the concept of props who are killed joining the hunters. I was wondering, is there anyway for hunters in this to heal? It seems that because the damage taken from hitting non player props, it makes it hard for the hunter to continue if he is low on life but has not found anyone.

Thanks!