• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ElvenLightCavalry

A Knight unit on a light armored horse.

Thanks to Edge 45 for his help fixing the mesh in the horse legs.

Changelog:
22/10/14
New Attack animation thanks to Hayate, a proper attack with a spear.
Shield height during Stands animations lowered.
07/11/14
Updated Rider textures, changed weapon and an animation fix.

Thanks to Mythic, to allow me to use the Halberd model.
Thanks to BlinkBoy, he did a great fix to the animations, the Rider is now less stiff.

13/02/15

Updated: New Shield, Sun Logo made by Idaero Ace.
Reduced length of the weapon.
Fix the weapon going through the horse head in Stand Victory.

The Sun Logo looks buggy in Magos and MDLVIS, but it looks well ingame.

14/02/15

Updated: Fixed problem with the weapon going through the horse head in several animations.

24/10/15

Updated: Fixed a problem with the name of the attack animation not appearing after opening the model with Magos or Mdlvis, i trully don't known how this happened.

Added inner Portrait.
Added special effect during spell animation.
Added sound effect during attack animations.
Added "Bandit" version in the Portrait model.

Keywords:
Cavalry,Knight, Mounted, Spear. I'm on a horse
Contents

ElvenLightCavalry (Model)

ElvenLightCavalry (Model)

Reviews
09:27, 8th Feb 2015 MiniMage: Useful, even though it doesn't make much sense for a man to use a halberd while on a horse.

M

09:27, 8th Feb 2015
MiniMage: Useful, even though it doesn't make much sense for a man to use a halberd while on a horse.

The meshes look really good, too bad the animations are really poor. They look very robotic and sometimes snappy. Also i dislike the grey back of the shield. Please fix this, because it could be a very useful model.

The animations are those of the Orc Warchief in the actual game so I'd recommend he make new ones as well.

Level 27
The meshes look really good, too bad the animations are really poor. They look very robotic and sometimes snappy. Also i dislike the grey back of the shield. Please fix this, because it could be a very useful model.

Working on the back of the shield, the animations are from the ROC ChaosWarlord model.

About the issue with the texture not elvish enough, the point of this is make a knight unit for the high elven techtree with the vainilla knight textures, the shield works with the knight texture, for me more than the spellbreaker or the lieutenant.

Or, i'm missing something about the Lion?

-Edit-

wut? which texture have the Lion face? It look awesome... and i don't know which texture it is.. mind telling me?

Garithos :D

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Man, this is such a very nice model. I feel sorry for you, some of THW users are having a real trouble in giving objective ratings. This is just /absolutely/ better than some of 5/5-user-rated crap models lately.

Personally, I will give you 4/5 but I will help the rating so I will give 5/5 instead.

For quality, it's looking really good.
The meshes look really good, too bad the animations are really poor.
I don't know about modeling shits, but I assume the meshes are indeed good, but I didn't notice any problem with the animation. My suggestion is just to lower the left hand a bit (hand with shield).

Anyway, good job there! :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Nice one, and very useful for me. But I think, that you should replace the lion shield. To me, the image of elves has no connetion to lions. Eagle will fit this rider better. I know I'ts a stereotype but still.

Level 12
Awesome model! ...

However... The way he holds the shield is awkward and his attack animations are really odd. The guys looks like he has either a glaive or spear with a really big spear and he uses it to bash enemies as if it's a club... I though he would use it more like a spear with a lunging action.

Level 27
Ok, Sunday Blinkboy send me a model with the animations reworked to look less robotic, i need to give him proper thanks for that ;_;, and Mystic give me the go to use his Halberd. So i need to change the rotation of the spear in some animations to upload the new version.

About the shield texture i'm working in an alternative even if a like the actual look xD, and i want to point at the dragonhawk and the big cat face shield...

The second screen is ingame to compare it with the vainilla knight.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    698.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Knights.PNG
    Knights.PNG
    576.1 KB · Views: 194
Level 27
Oh my... Two months and no mood here ;_;

Well thanks to Idaero Ace for his work doing the sun logo from scratch.

I was thinking for a solution for the shield that don't requiere a custom texture, the tabbards from paladinjs were the inspiration from this.

Don't known if left the sun in white like the unicorn simbol, or made it golden.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rider2.PNG
    Rider2.PNG
    248.2 KB · Views: 451
Level 7
Nice additions to the horse, and the headband seems like a nice idea, but it looks awfully odd. Also the shield could be angled a little less, he seems to be holding it perpendicular to the horse, while i feel it should be somewhat parallel.
Aside from that I think this is a 3/5 for now.