• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beast Craft

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「BeastCraft(V1.0.3)」

By Salukage

Gameplay
[tr]
Win the Turf war between Beasts of the North and South Barrens.In this Epic battle both teams have one Scorpion (initiator) a Bear (Tank) a Wolf (Cunning) and a Rhino (Hero) use them tactically to win the battle.

OPEN SOURCE
[tr]
I am busy on other projects this Game Idea can be used by any interested minds.

Screenshots
[tr]
10513239_862410710453592_4831179668311928861_n.jpg

10498638_862410023786994_7627314832179985553_o.jpg

10463656_862407897120540_7676447677623006155_o.jpg

Features
[tr]
Dynamic(Thrill) soundtrack
Tactical Battle
New Game Strategy
Mini-game

Credits
[tr]
HiveWorkShop for basic tutorials,SimpleTon Team.

Changelog
[tr]
Various text Updates.
Victory Defeat Dialog Delayed ny 2sec.
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Beasts,battle,Balanced.
Contents

Beast Craft (Map)

Reviews
20:44, 3rd Aug 2014 Orcnet: Review link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2565348-post20.html

M

20:44, 3rd Aug 2014
Orcnet: Review link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2565348-post20.html

Level 16

Facebook content is unavailable, its listed as private, you can submit screenshots here using THW's Gallery for your profile.

yeah I find Jass codes and BB Codes are time consuming to learn and all.:ogre_hurrhurr:

you don't need to learn bbcode though. If you read it, it explain what to do.

Level 9
I think this map is cool.

However you could put much more work into it !

It was cool during 5 minutes.
AI on insane is too easy, I played like a noob and I won. Everytime my scorpion dies in 3 sec and my wolf dies pretty quickly but I still win.

However 0 replayability.

Level 4
I think this map is cool.

However you could put much more work into it !

It was cool during 5 minutes.
AI on insane is too easy, I played like a noob and I won. Everytime my scorpion dies in 3 sec and my wolf dies pretty quickly but I still win.

However 0 replayability.

Thanks for your review,originally I made this for mini-map contest #9 but since I was new here I wanted to see how to and stuff. and also I am giving this map to this community for anyone who is interested in developing cheers.:thumbs_up:

Level 32
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
BEASTCRAFT
by Salukage

navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 2/25
Terrain & Layout: 3/10
Doodads & Scenery: 5/10
Bugs & Consistency: 4/5
Total Score: 14/50

navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment:
The map finishes in 2 minutes, that is still way to short for a minigame. I don't like giving harsh scores, but the effort in the gameplay mechanics is just too low. Armor vs damage types could have better counters, so units can be strong against some and weak against others. Bear will win anything 1v1 and win with 75% or more HP left, even with the use of abilities on it. There shouldn't be any windwalk inta kills in a strategy like game, other than that the wolf will get beat up by anything. The scorpions impale skill is very weak, stun is also very short. Unoriginal, extremely short, and non-interesting gameplay :/

2/25
Terrain & Layout:
The terrain is all one tile, it's below average. Though, the layout of the map isn't favorable to any particular side, the attacker can just get concaved on the tiny bridge. Defenders will definitely win if they are the close to the same skill level. Cliffs add a little to it.

3/10
Doodads & Scenery:
Use of the environmental doodads is mostly average, nice use of weather but it has very simple doodad placement.

5/10
Bugs & Consistency:
> In ability description, impale says it does 600 damage. It does less than a hundred.

4/5
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Suggestions are optional but I highly recommend it. Some of these may be repeats.
> Have units actually counter other units
> Allow the game to last atleast 5 minutes, whether it's rounds or a complete overhaul​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. You are following all but one of the rules. Since this is a major rule, I vote for REJECTION
> Average quality standard (more info on link)
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall the map just doesn't have anything in the gameplay for me to vote for approval. You do have the option to reupload the map if it get's rejected, but I suggest you just work on your other map. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work. Special thanks to GreeN!X for letting me use the base of his map description that I have altered and edited.

0-14 1 STAR
15-24 2 STARS
25-35 3 STARS

36-46 4 STARS
47-50 5 STARS
[TD]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
Level 4
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
BEASTCRAFT
by Salukage

navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 2/25
Terrain & Layout: 3/10
Doodads & Scenery: 5/10
Bugs & Consistency: 4/5
Total Score: 14/50

navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment:
The map finishes in 2 minutes, that is still way to short for a minigame. I don't like giving harsh scores, but the effort in the gameplay mechanics is just too low. Armor vs damage types could have better counters, so units can be strong against some and weak against others. Bear will win anything 1v1 and win with 75% or more HP left, even with the use of abilities on it. There shouldn't be any windwalk inta kills in a strategy like game, other than that the wolf will get beat up by anything. The scorpions impale skill is very weak, stun is also very short. Unoriginal, extremely short, and non-interesting gameplay :/

2/25
Terrain & Layout:
The terrain is all one tile, it's below average. Though, the layout of the map isn't favorable to any particular side, the attacker can just get concaved on the tiny bridge. Defenders will definitely win if they are the close to the same skill level. Cliffs add a little to it.

3/10
Doodads & Scenery:
Use of the environmental doodads is mostly average, nice use of weather but it has very simple doodad placement.

5/10
Bugs & Consistency:
> In ability description, impale says it does 600 damage. It does less than a hundred.

4/5
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Suggestions are optional but I highly recommend it. Some of these may be repeats.
> Have units actually counter other units
> Allow the game to last atleast 5 minutes, whether it's rounds or a complete overhaul​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. You are following all but one of the rules. Since this is a major rule, I vote for REJECTION
> Average quality standard (more info on link)
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall the map just doesn't have anything in the gameplay for me to vote for approval. You do have the option to reupload the map if it get's rejected, but I suggest you just work on your other map. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work. Special thanks to GreeN!X for letting me use the base of his map description that I have altered and edited.

0-14 1 STAR
15-24 2 STARS
25-35 3 STARS

36-46 4 STARS
47-50 5 STARS
[TD]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

I agree that the game could last more minutes but I have to disagree on "unoriginality" this is as original as they come.Thanks for your review its really helpful.:thumbs_up:

Level 32
Hmm, perhaps I should have used creative. There are many maps that just use a few units and you fight others to win. For example, micro arena is a map like this, but with multiple rounds and the use of melee map abilities, in which you must actually be skillful to win, possibly taking 5-10 minutes per round. On the contrary, this map is a fraction of a mini game, there are also mini game compilation maps that would skip this kind of map due to it's lack of overall quality, and uber simplicity.

Level 4
Hmm, perhaps I should have used creative. There are many maps that just use a few units and you fight others to win. For example, micro arena is a map like this, but with multiple rounds and the use of melee map abilities, in which you must actually be skillful to win, possibly taking 5-10 minutes per round. On the contrary, this map is a fraction of a mini game, there are also mini game compilation maps that would skip this kind of map due to it's lack of overall quality, and uber simplicity.

Fair Enough.:wink: