• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Technichal Warfare V4.5

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
「Technichal Warfare」

By CodeBlack

Gameplay
[tr]
The Oil we used for centuries is used up and completely empty.
In our desperate need of a new energysource we decided to search for our luck in the Stars.
We found a rare ore that could provide more than enough energy for our purposes, the Meteorite.
Three big factions started to occupy the Mines and fight for the Ore.
-The Earth Alliance: The oldest Human goverment, located on our dying mother Earth and relying on Human Strength to stop the war.
-The Marsian Empire: Out of the Red Dust of the first Human Space Colony they came. They brought giant Robots, only made for one reason...to kill.
-The Moon Mining Guild: A way too rich and powerful company. They want to hold all the resource mining facilities under their control and so they send their Tanks.

Now they all fight for the last big Sources of Meteorite.
Choose one of Seven Battlefields on Planet Beta 16 and Drop your Prototype Unit.
Mine the Meteorite, build up a Base and construct a complex Energynetwork to Power your Defenses.
They will come to claim the ore. So plan your Base Carefully or you will get overrun.

Screenshots
[tr]
build2ohswo.png

build3nfs83.png

build1wass9.png

mapselecepstm.png

smilet8sd5.png

units2hjszu.png

units7hs8u.png

Credits
[tr]
Special Thanks to: Apathetic, ap0calypse and GreeN!X

Models by:
The_Silent / levigeorge1617
olofmoleman / Kitabatake
rober artua / Fingolfin
Kofi_Banan / Callahan
Thrikodius / ikillforeyou
Systemfre1 / Ket
Frankster / SataX
donut3.5 / Freddyk
epsilon / Illidan(Evil)X
skrab / Misha
JB_McKnight / Mechanical Man
qassamzed / Jongkaidut'89
CRIS / l0w_kwaliti
lami / Cavman
-Grendel / The Weird Human
Em! / RodOfNOD
jk2pach / bisnar13
Dark Hunter1357 / HammerFist132
Teaspoon / Trollschnitzel

Changelog
[tr]

V4.5
+ 3 new Areas
+ 2 new Gamemodes (Siege / FFA)
+ smaller bugfixes

V4.0
+ Added Tutorial
+ New Voting System

V3.1
+ Price Changes // First Mining Facility and first Generator only cost 1/2 for faster Startup
+ smaller Bugfixes

V3.0
+ better Tooltips
+ fixed Repair bug
+ fixed Select bug

V2.5
+ smaller Bugfixes
+ Added Custom Preview Image

V2.0
+ Full Credits
+ rebalanced Tanks
+ Noob Instructions
Comment
[tr]
I Hope you Enjoy playing this map. It is my 2nd one and i put a lot of work in it. Please do not Change or upload it without my Permission.
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Strategy,Energy,Tower,Building,Mech,Robot,Tank,Meteor,Base,build,Prototype,War,Battle,Android
Contents

Technichal Warfare V4.5 (Map)

Reviews
17:14, 15th Jun 2014 Orcnet: A different type of risk game that requires you to handle the mana pools of each object carefully and wisely, its unique and cool but somehow I have a bad feeling such idea is not useful when it comes to combat. The...

M

17:14, 15th Jun 2014
Orcnet: A different type of risk game that requires you to handle the mana pools of each object carefully and wisely, its unique and cool but somehow I have a bad feeling such idea is not useful when it comes to combat. The difficulty of the game is that it kills off units quickly not to mention how some spells can wipe out forces with just one click.

Terrain looks monotone and feels boxed but since its purpose is for gameplay alone you may somehow improve the design of the map in later updates or patch.

Overall map needs some love but can be approved.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

This looks pretty awesome,but i bet that there is no Ai. :(

Level 32
Okay, before I review. I need to ask you for you to add better tool tip description.

A few fixes before review needed:
-Clear directions
-While building, you can't click on the ground tecture/building model
-Tool tips should tell more about it's purpose, adding how much range it can connect with each other would be nice
-More specific Hive description

Last edited:
Level 2
Played it with a full house, takes a little bit too long to get started I think. Spent 15-20 minutes just saving up resources to build more resource gathering buildings. Played as the moon mining guild

Level 7
Played it with a full house, takes a little bit too long to get started I think. Spent 15-20 minutes just saving up resources to build more resource gathering buildings. Played as the moon mining guild

...mmm... thanks for the feedback i will try to find a good solution for that..i mean..no one likes waiting ;)

EDIT (again XD) : I think i fixed it. If it is still too slow for you, i have the bad feeling that i cant do much more about it, because i dont want to unbalance the map. Im on holiday for 10 days now. Feel free to post Feedback...then i have sth to do when im back ;)

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey CodeBlack,

You have some interesting ideas going on here, but I feel like they were not implemented in a way that is user-friendly or intuitive. After reading the F9 and experimenting for 10 minutes, I still felt completely clueless as to what I was supposed to be doing. I eventually massed a bunch of bots from the bot factory and wiped out my enemy (who also had no idea what he was doing).

You need to provide more background on how to actually play the game.

-Mech

Level 7
Hey CodeBlack,

You have some interesting ideas going on here, but I feel like they were not implemented in a way that is user-friendly or intuitive. After reading the F9 and experimenting for 10 minutes, I still felt completely clueless as to what I was supposed to be doing. I eventually massed a bunch of bots from the bot factory and wiped out my enemy (who also had no idea what he was doing).

You need to provide more background on how to actually play the game.

-Mech

thanks for your feedback...i am already working on this problem...right now im trying to find someone who can make a tutorial cinematic...for the case i dont find someone im also trying to learn how to make one myself...i hope to release the next version soon ;)

Level 6
Alright CodeBlack,

Just tried the game with a friend a few times. Here is a tentative review, and some suggestions.

First, my friend was completely new to the game, but picks up on things quite quickly. When we watched the tutorial, he assumed that the "resources" were the iron pieces/doodads on the ground, so he didn't build where you start. This led to him basing in a bad location, and he was behind a lot because of it. Also, because certain tiles cannot be built on, he couldn't figure out how to get generators/tesla coils close enough to power his major income factories.

The tutorial was a good start, but I suggest making it clear that the blighted terrain is the "mineable" terrain, and it has nothing to do with the shards on the ground.

One big thing that would make me instantly love and want to replay the game a lot more than at present is if you made it Co-op versus AI instead of PvP. I know this would upset a lot of the structure of the game, but I think it would make the core concepts of the game come to life a lot more than the current iteration. If people could be on the same team while learning the game, and facing a common enemy, it would make the "I'm confused/don't know what to do" element feel a lot less dire and anger-inducing.

I also think you should make an option to "power down" a structure, in a similar fashion to the way you currently power up via the link system thing. For instance, right now if I wanted to power down a tesla coil to give more energy to my mines, all I can do is destroy the Tesla coil, which is bad design, because that Tesla Coil cost me resources.

Also, I noticed that the Mining Company race's main resource structure had items that it could sell. However, it seemed to be permanently selecting a unit without inventory, and I had no way to switch who it selected. Therefore, I couldn't buy anything from it. This should be fixed.

Overall, you have a lot of good ideas here, and there is definitely potential for a fun game in here. I would definitely suggest trying to make it co-op versus AI/survival type instead of 2v2 PvP. With the number of units currently available, there is only so much replay value you can get out of playing this map against other humans in a pure PvP setting.

Good luck on further development,
Mech

Level 7
Alright CodeBlack,

Just tried the game with a friend a few times. Here is a tentative review, and some suggestions.

First, my friend was completely new to the game, but picks up on things quite quickly. When we watched the tutorial, he assumed that the "resources" were the iron pieces/doodads on the ground, so he didn't build where you start. This led to him basing in a bad location, and he was behind a lot because of it. Also, because certain tiles cannot be built on, he couldn't figure out how to get generators/tesla coils close enough to power his major income factories.

The tutorial was a good start, but I suggest making it clear that the blighted terrain is the "mineable" terrain, and it has nothing to do with the shards on the ground.

One big thing that would make me instantly love and want to replay the game a lot more than at present is if you made it Co-op versus AI instead of PvP. I know this would upset a lot of the structure of the game, but I think it would make the core concepts of the game come to life a lot more than the current iteration. If people could be on the same team while learning the game, and facing a common enemy, it would make the "I'm confused/don't know what to do" element feel a lot less dire and anger-inducing.

I also think you should make an option to "power down" a structure, in a similar fashion to the way you currently power up via the link system thing. For instance, right now if I wanted to power down a tesla coil to give more energy to my mines, all I can do is destroy the Tesla coil, which is bad design, because that Tesla Coil cost me resources.

Also, I noticed that the Mining Company race's main resource structure had items that it could sell. However, it seemed to be permanently selecting a unit without inventory, and I had no way to switch who it selected. Therefore, I couldn't buy anything from it. This should be fixed.

Overall, you have a lot of good ideas here, and there is definitely potential for a fun game in here. I would definitely suggest trying to make it co-op versus AI/survival type instead of 2v2 PvP. With the number of units currently available, there is only so much replay value you can get out of playing this map against other humans in a pure PvP setting.

Good luck on further development,
Mech

thank you vey much for that awesome feedback :)
as you can see in the map i am currently working on new maps and Gamemodes. PVE will be part of it, but making an AI is pretty hard and takes some time.
You already CAN power down a building by just using the ability on the building again. Maybe i should make this more clear by adding it to the tutorial.

Greetings
CodeBlack