• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lord of Outland

Sunreaver Presents:
The Lord Of Outland
I think many of my friends have been waiting for this maps.Now at last it is finaly release.Play as the Illidari.The forces of Illidan Stormrage.They are many combine forces of Illidari including Fel Orcs,Sin'Dorei,Naga and Broken.Play using the might of these race and rend your enemies.

232090-albums6704-picture80816.png

Useful Forces:Fel Orc ground units,Naga Royal Guards and Sky Guards
Weakness:Units cost a lot,Blood Elven units regenerate only in the day,Less Healers

Stuff
4 custom heroes: Demon Hunter,Priestess of the Tides,Broken Assassin,Fel Rampager
Author Notes:
Map is not Protected
Use as u like,Edit and upload if u want no need of my permission
Please give reviews,feedback,critism and comments
No screenshots at the moment
This maps use less space because uses a lot of ingame models
If u see a warcraft 3 broken draenai Akama model please tell me

Changelog:
Whole race revamp
New skins, units, models, and spells
a whole lot of things updated

Credits:
UjimasaHojo, Mc, Blizzard Entertaiment, Mr.Goblin, 67Chrome

Keywords:
Illidan,Illidari,Blood Elf,Fel Orc,Broken,Naga
Contents

The Lord of Outland (Map)

Reviews
12:44, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved, can be acceptable

M

12:44, 20th May 2014
Orcnet: Map approved, can be acceptable

review
REVIEW
1. I like how you worked with the terrain, it is balanced. The tile variation is also fine. Item drops are random and fit with the hostile units' level although there are units with two item drops both having 100% chances.
2. I don't think Illidan's forces is a conglomerate of orcs, dreanaes, naga, and humans. The icon of the worker is still human worker icon though I already chose to use Illidan's forces. The sound, when a certain building is complete, is human.
3. I am also surprised of the build animation of some buildings which are really orchish.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. I think you have to focus on a single race not a conglomerate of races because it feels really really awkward.
2. change the icon to the fitting units.
3. change the sound to be like naga-ish sound when a construction of a building is done.
4. Choose fitting buildings for illidan's force.

Needs Fix: 1.54/5
Please read what DTM said:
Read the Map Submission Rules, you need a good description and presentation for the map.

RECOMMENDED LINKS:
All Mappers
General Resources Rules By Ralle
Map Submission Rules By Vengeancekael
Creating Dynamic Waters By Pinzu
Melee Mappers
Making Melee Maps by -Kobas-
Altered Melee Mappers
Making Full Working Custom Races by Interceptors
Altered Melee Anti "Revealing Opponent" Hack By Retera

Last edited:
Level 18
review
REVIEW
1. I like how you worked with the terrain, it is balanced. The tile variation is also fine. Item drops are random and fit with the hostile units' level although there are units with two item drops both having 100% chances.
2. I don't think Illidan's forces is a conglomerate of orcs, dreanaes, naga, and humans. The icon of the worker is still human worker icon though I already chose to use Illidan's forces. The sound, when a certain building is complete, is human.
3. I am also surprised of the build animation of some buildings which are really orchish.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. I think you have to focus on a single race not a conglomerate of races because it feels really really awkward.
2. change the icon to the fitting units.
3. change the sound to be like naga-ish sound when a construction of a building is done.
4. Choose fitting buildings for illidan's force.

Needs Fix: 1.54/5
Please read what DTM said:
Humans they are Sin'dorei
Also this is Blizzard map
They are not Dreanai there are Broken
They are fitting buildings mostly Broken and Naga buildings

The Re-Review

What's in here?
1. I see 2 sets in 1 item drop for a single creep both having 100% change. And both are random. The item drops do not fit with the level of the creeps.
2. The terrain is balanced. You used tile variations wisely. You have used some environmental doodads, that's good. I just haven't seen any neutral units.
3. You did not use terrain fog, global weather, sound environment, and light environment.
4. There are so many things that make this map so awkward: The worker having a peons icon when he is idle, The item storage that has as orchish feel, The Dragon Hawk Rider you call as Blood Guard that says, "Glory to the BloodElves!", The nesting grounds having the birth animation like being constructed by humans, the shrine of rituals(a building which is actually original undead and trains a naga siren (a naga), Elder Sage (a draenae), and the one you call the Necrolyte (which is actually fel orc in form)

Now, why do these things seem so awkward? Here's the reason:

Illidari
reason
It is believed that by some that the Illidari appear to be a Faction in the mold of the Alliance, Horde, Scourge, or Burning Legion that encompasses the entirety of Illidan's forces. Some believe Illidari may be an adjective form for Illidan's forces. Others believe that it is perhaps a title given to specific members of Illidan's forces. As a title, this appears to be used mostly with his demonic minions.

Illidari may also include the naga under the command of Lady Vashj, blood elves loyal to Kael'thas Sunstrider, the Ashtongue tribe of Broken draenei under the leadership of Akama, and numerous fel orcs and demons presumably from the armies of the previous Lord of Outland, Magtheridon.
See also Illidari images

Suggestions
1. Some icons (for upgrades, etc) you used are also used by the main/original races. Why not provide them with the fitting icons.
2. I would like to suggest you use the bloodelf engineer as worker because they are also part of the Illidari so that the human voice that says, "Job's done," will fit.
3. Fix some item drops, too. Do not use two 100% item drops in a single creep.
4. You might want to use custom weather effect OUtland Heavy Wind.
5. Level of item drops should fit with the level of the creeps where the item should drop.

Not voting for anything for now untill changes are made. Just see my suggestions for changes you might want to do.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The Naga race is powerful. It has units with chaos damage. That makes it too strong against the other races. Murloc Slaves take 1 food and gather 20 lumber. The Gold Mine at the starting location has tons of gold.