• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ruins of Suramar

CarloImperio Presents

Ruins of Suramar
CarloImperio

Map Info:

Once a homeland both to the Night Elves and Highborne. Today it is inhabited by the Naga's of Queen Azhara.

Features:

This map can be used as an RPG Map, or anything you want. That's the main purpose of this map.

Screenshots:

Image Description:

220526-albums7178-picture80752.png

220526-albums7178-picture80756.png

220526-albums7178-picture80755.png

220526-albums7178-picture80753.png

220526-albums7178-picture80754.png

Credits:
Buster (Palm Tree)
Hiveworkshop (Azhara Trees 01 and 02)

Changelog:
Ruins of Suramar V.1.00 - created the map
Ruins of Suramar V.1.01 - added some doodads on empty areas and somewhat balanced some archways.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Suramar, night elf, Tyrande, Malfurion, Azhara, sunken ruins, Zin-Azhari, World of Warcraft
Contents

Ruins of Suramar (Map)

Reviews
14:13, 8th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See my review here for more information:

M

14:13, 8th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See my review here for more information:

Hell_Master;2496660 said:
Review emerges!

I had a look through your terrain template map and I must say that it looks really great. Big in size with a good concept and a great terrain. The terrain is not flat and is balanced, doodads were quite wisely placed at most points but I would suggest lessening the usage of Lily Pads on the Watery parts of the terrain and there could be some more of details into the other watery parts of the terrain, creative and amazing placement of some doodads/destructibles (the fact that you made building units to structures and as decorations in the terrain and manipulated some doodads to work something else), the scaling sizes of doodads looks fine but I wouldn't suggest making the trees and other doodads/destructibles look so huge, I mean exaggeratedly huge for it can be a disadvantage in gameplay when incase your map will be used on a game. It will block player view which looks bad and etc.

Overall, that concludes my review. This is useful terrain template map which is big in size and also a job well-done in the terrain. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

Level 30
Review emerges!

I had a look through your terrain template map and I must say that it looks really great. Big in size with a good concept and a great terrain. The terrain is not flat and is balanced, doodads were quite wisely placed at most points but I would suggest lessening the usage of Lily Pads on the Watery parts of the terrain and there could be some more of details into the other watery parts of the terrain, creative and amazing placement of some doodads/destructibles (the fact that you made building units to structures and as decorations in the terrain and manipulated some doodads to work something else), the scaling sizes of doodads looks fine but I wouldn't suggest making the trees and other doodads/destructibles look so huge, I mean exaggeratedly huge for it can be a disadvantage in gameplay when incase your map will be used on a game. It will block player view which looks bad and etc.

Anyway, your hidden tags BB code is broken your description you are missing a [/hidden] tag on the end.

Overall, that concludes my review. This is useful terrain template map which is big in size and also a job well-done in the terrain. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

Level 6
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG O MAH GOSH thank you guys so much! I worked for this about 1 week thank you guys! :D

it's beautiful, super neat, lovely, easily 5/5 from me!

on last pic. I love dat combination of tile, once more, please read my signature
"terrainer is just awesome!" :thumbs_up:

Thanks bro!

Just as others have stated so far, the trees seem to be a bit too big. If this was a playable map with third person movement camera, it would actually be nice.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good. :)

Umm yes yes it would fit on third person camera movement. I'm actually making a map with a third person camera movement with adjustable height offset and distance and it looks good.

Last edited by a moderator: