• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonpath

A simple Meleemap and first finished map, thats i upload here, maked it for the "The Heroes are Death"-Mod, becouz me was boring. I hope you dont hate me, when i dont write a long discription and give no screenshots. Hear into your heart, when you mean, its something for you!

Features
-4 Playerstartpositions with 15 000-Goldmines
-6 Expansions with 12 500-Goldmines
-2 Mercenariehents (Nearly at Startposition)
-2 Goblin Laboratorys (Nearly at Startposition)
-2 Goblin Stores (Nearly at Startposition)
-1 Fountain of life (mid)
-10 green creepcamps
-8 orange creepcamps
-7(+4) red creepcamps

Credits
-Blizzard for this game
-Hive Workshop for it great platform
-One Suturday of my life
-For any wc3 loyal meleemapplayers

You have the permission to edit this map

-Greetz, The_New_Divide-

Keywords:
melee, 2vs2, 2o2, 2v2
Contents

Dragonpath (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet00:18, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved Dragonpath (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet00:18, 17th Aug 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Dragonpath (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"By observing the behavior of both player regions and creep balance, I could say this deserves to be more on team play than considering this for FFA because the top left player bases is too near to be each other while the lower right has huge amounts of space."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain needs more care, right now it looks too wide and lacks enough attention to detail."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my conclusion, map can be useful."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 5
Looks really nice.I will test it and you will have my review.

Ok here is my review:

Good things

-Terrian is good looking
-Great map size
-Symetric map
-Many expansions
Bad Things

-Too much creeps...28 green camps,9 orange,6 red=43 creep camps ..
-Classic neutral buildings..nothing new for now
-No tomes....I love tomes thats bad for me.
-No screenshots at descreption(i would like some )
Suggestions?

-First add some screen.In order to make users to download your map you have to attract them.Videos will do too
-A bit less creeps...(my opinion)
-Change a merchand with laboratory?
-Tomes make game a bit interesting.I thing they deserve a place to your map.
Final Rate

Terrian 4/5
Units 3/5
Decreption 3/5
Gameplay 4/5

Grand Total : 3.5/5

Note:Good map.im just strange :p.Dont get your self down.It is just my opinion.Nice work again.But i cant forgive you that you removed tomes :p:goblin_jawdrop:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixer's Review
Terrain
The terraining is okay, however the passages gets very small as there is so many creep camps. Also tile using could be better, currently there is large areas with nothing else but grass. Also you should add more environmental doodads to the map in total. And about those rock walls that lays at the North East and South West parts of the map, they are kinda ugly since there is nothing else but stone. You could add shrubs and other plants around it, and I would have gone with Rock Spires instead of rocks since they give more mountainy look. You could also want to set "Fixed Starting Location" for every player in Player Properties so that players in the same team will start in the same corner if you play 2v2. I also noticed those two texts you had made to water. I could not really read the one on the right side but on the left side it said "The heores are dead"... hmm maybe "The heroes are dead". And also they are pretty out of place and they do not fit there. And you could also want to smooth the ramps in the North West and South East corners of the map.

Creeps
As some other users has already mentioned creeps are a problem in this map. There is just way too much of them. There is uselesly large amount of green creep camps. If you did not know, heroes will gain level for up to 5 levels from creeps. They will not get experience from creeps after they've reached level 5. Also some creep camps are located weirdly right next to base which can be pretty big problem for some races. Also item drops are horrible: an artifact from green creep camp? Are you serious? Also the item drops are exact items, this is not good. If player does not play with full house and he kills same creep camp twice he will have 2 same items and only 1 might work. The item drops are the biggest problem in the map if you ask me. You need to balance the drops and the amount of creeps in total. Your item drops are just way too good and also, set them random from an exact class and level.

Generally
Generally the map is nice. Good lay out which sadly is downgraded with too many creep camps and too good item drops. There seems to be nothing unique in the map and it is just basic, you should pay more attention to environmental things but other than that it is more or less okay.

Rating:
Terrain: 3/5
Comment: The terrain is okay but it needs more environmental focus. Rocks, shrubs and flowers around the map could be nice.

Creeps: 1/5
Comment: Creeps are very bad: there is too much of them and they are not properly done. You need fix this huge problem. You could also have added another neutral critters but frogs.

Generally: 3/5
Comment: Generally playable map, however there is some problem which you need to fix before getting good rating.

Rating: 7/15 (Silver)

Last edited:
Level 7
You could also want to set "Fixed Starting Location" for every player in Player Properties so that players in the same team will start in the same corner if you play 2v2

mhh, thats strange, i have set the priority of red and blue high. Same with green and purple. In my tests, they started in the right corner

I could not really read the one on the right side but on the left side it said "The heores are dead"... hmm maybe "The heroes are dead"

Damn xD. Forget to remove the sentences. And the spellingmistake is attracted by myself, too.

If you did not know, heroes will gain level for up to 5 levels from creeps.

I know this, but i had dont think about this, when i maked map.

How many green camps is normally in this relation?

Tomorrow, when i have time, i upload a new version.

Level 30
Dragonpath Review

Introduction

Played the melee map and it is quite interesting in form which we only see all the time.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain looks good. It is not flat but at some point it looks empty and in the expansion areas, rocks are much spammed and you must put trees there because expansion always needs trees for workers to lumber wood there unless you can lumber in the rock...lol!
  • Map has some of the required neutral building to get started: gold mines, merc camps and shops.
  • Map is symmetric in form
  • Player locations are well placed
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • Creeps are near on being balance but not yet, there are too much creeps in your map mostly at middle section of the map. I suggest reduce them because mostly players battle with other players rather than focusing TOO much on creeping.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain is good still you are free to improve your terrain.
  • Reduce the creep camp o the map mostly lessen the creeps at middle. For just a fountain, you will have to fight too much mass of enemies. Some players will not give in to the challenge to be honest.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, melee map looks good and is approvable but I suggest really reduce the creeps in the middle. Good luck and happymap making!

Rating: 3/5
Vote: Approval
Reward: +4 REP

Level 7
Update Map:

-From 28 to 10 green camps
-2 mercenaries change with goldmines
-4 goldmines changed with Mercenaries and Goblin Laboratorys
-Items leaved from creeps are now randomly Levelitems(Contents Tomes, too)

Have fun with it
-Greetz-The_New_Divide

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixer's Review
Terrain
The terrain lay out is better because the amount of creep camps is reduced, however your map stills lacks environmental eye-candy. The rock walls in the two areas of the map still looks bad however it is not 100% necessary to change them, if you presonally like them. The water is now better, however it is still annoyingly flat (Make it higher at some parts so it has little "isles". Also, you should make the doodads in there spread more, there is those floating panels only on the east side of the center. Also, change the tile used underwater, the grass looks ugly, by making those small isles you can have also grass on the "water" area. And you could still want to smooth the ramps in the North West and South East corners of the map.

Creeps
Creep camps are a lot better now, as their amount is reduced. Also the item drops are fixed, good job. However, you might still want to fix one problem. You should fix the creep camps like in the middle, murlocs and a dragon is not a good mix, you should include creep types that could "Naturally be among each other" in one camp, for example in this case you could actually reduce the amount of creeps in the middle and place a few dragons instead or if you want to keep the murlocs there, you can add a harder "Murgul" from Sunken Ruins tileset and even change it's name to a Murloc.

Generally
Generally the map is nice. There seems to be nothing unique in the map and it is just basic, you should pay more attention to environmental things but other than that it is more or less okay. Improved a lot.

Rating:
Terrain: 2/5
Comment: The terrain is okay, you still need to place more environmental doodads. If you noticed, I reduced your terrain rating, it is not because it would be worse, but because I've afterwards reviewed other maps and my ratings are still finding their places.

Creeps: 4/5
Comment: Creeps are a lot better now, good job on that one. However a note, the Rock Golem guarding Goblin Merchant on the South-East is Neutral Passive, fix it.

Generally: 3/5
Comment: Generally playable map, however you need to add more environmental doodads and improve your tile using.

Rating: 9/15 (Silver)

Level 7
OK, in next time I will update versions and fix some of the stuffs.

Someone have an idea for a alternative of the rockexpansions in the edges(no trees)?

However a note, the Rock Golem guarding Goblin Merchant on the South-East is Neutral Passive, fix it.
Mhhh, I open the editor and dont find this. The Rockgolem is neutral enemy.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
OK, in next time I will update versions and fix some of the stuffs.

Someone have an idea for a alternative of the rockexpansions in the edges(no trees)?

Mhhh, I open the editor and dont find this. The Rockgolem is neutral enemy.

For the alternative idea as I told earlier, you could use Rock Spires, they give a lot more mountainy feeling.

And for the rock golem, my bad, sorry.