• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DWARVEN WARS Ultimate v.26

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Daffa
HOW IT WORKS:
Kill your enemy to become the king of all Dwarves!
Killed enemies change colour and now serve you!
You can get more income by using Gold Upgrade in main!

Changelog from previous version v.25:

* Basic Balance Changes
* Hero Animations added
* Shortcut Information included in Unit Description
* Minor Map Changes

I started creating this in 2003 with the start of Warcraft 3.
It since then was enjoyed by many of my friends.
I hope people on here will be interested as well.
It is just a very basic strategy game which should be played with at least 3 better 4 teams of 2. Hope you enjoy and please leave Feedback if you wanna help me improve :).
Some people, although I doubt it, might still remember X_Falkenauge_X creating this map. Well that is me. My new Account is Falkonic. Existing on US East and Europe. Add me if you want to.

Keywords:
Dwarf, Dwarves, Dwarven Wars, Dwarven Wars v.26, Dwarfen Wars, Strategy, Reign, Fight over dwarven kingdom, amazing, cool, relaxing, mass units, a lot
Contents

DWARVEN WARS Ultimate v.26 (Map)

Reviews
19:18, 28th Jun 2013 Orcnet:
Also, since it's 2013 D: that's 10 years already, so it should have a better development, if this were released here back 2004-2006 //when w3sear.ch is exist// this can be approved.
Well, the description lacks a lot, as ABGM stated.
Also, is this in Beta? If so, I recommend the Map Dev Forum for your map.

Level 5
I'll try to smoothen it all promise. It is just that I have other stuff going on (studying IT) right now besides Warcraft. I did not play Wc3 for a bunch of time just returned, layed a hand or two on this map I created when I was 9 years old. There is some nostalgy combined with it so I won't change the terrain a whole lot.

Also there are a lot of strategic elemts to this map making each and every position equally balanced. I can very well remember those times I played this as a child. I just try to smoothen it and make it better looking. Hopefully I'll achieve a good looking map this way. Not all maps have to look the same and maybe I'll be the one mixing those two just fine, although I have to admit the map is not as good looking as it should be.
It will never be perfect but it need not be. I might pm you two, if I may, in a week or two when I had time to edit some stuff.

I know I have to give credit to a bunch of people for the models. Will add this in game and also on here, if I find all models I used and thx for the help it is well appreciated.
Gonna make it all better but as I said it might take some time.
Thx for people helping me along the way.

Level 30
Played your map and I understand you made this on 2003 yet but now that you are older, maybe you can do smething about this. BTW here is my review and insight about the map:

Good Points:

Bad Points:

Suggestions:

• Terrain is decent but some problem includes, quite flat terrain, spammed doodads that makes it more unrealistic and also the bad tile mixing and which is more bad, snow to grass looks really out of the question. But still nice job in it even where in 2003, no available tuts and still you did make a decent one.
  • The idea of the game is really good, a risk. Really good for heavy battles and is really fun.
  • There are quite few buildings to build. I only played some parts so correct me If I am wrong please.
  • No shops or anything, a neutral or even a building shop that can be builded? You should add some. Again, if I am wrong, please do correct me. This applies to all what I said. =)
  • Some minor improvements and one major. For the major, you should do soemthing about the way you mix tiles, try mixing tiles such as Grass to Lumpy Grass or such..... You could look into more tutorials here involving terrains to learn more.
  • Quite few buildings, adding some more is really appreciated.

Overall, good Strategy/Risk map with decent terrain but weird if you ask me and quite few buildings whch it makes it quite boring at some points of the game, no offense. I am saying this with all respect to you. I have made this review also showing respect.

Rated 3/5 but voting for Pending. You should improve a little the terrain mostly the major thing I told. Its quite weird seeing an unnecessary tile in a place such as Ice in a grass tile.

Level 5
Thx for the really nice feedback. I am glad that you tested it and also that you liked the general idea of the map. :)

Like I said I am going to improve it all at once make a completly reenhanced version.
For now please leave all feedback and suggestions on here. The game is featured on: http://makemehost.com/. This way games get full way faster than normally. Check it out and please leave feedback to both game mechanic and other areas as I said new version is coming in 1-2 weeks time.
Thank you very much for all your help especially the last one was really helpful I see how there needs to be a bigger variety of units while still keeping the game to it's roots.

the description can be better
with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/map-description-generator-1-2-a-224558/
also you have imported material, credits are mandatory in the description and inside the game

now i can see why the terrain is how it it is. Sure in that period terraning tutorials didnt existed.

with all respect, the terrain is bad, mix northrend ice tile with lordaeron glass, it doesnt fit even with the best glue paste.

really, a bad enviroment can kill an entire map

i recommend you to work more in the terrain, read tutorials, like this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/advanced-terraining-tutorial-203428/
of course there are more you should check them too
and define the map because you mixed total oposites tiles terrain, the problem is at the very begining of define a real and natural enviroment do all Northrend or all Lordaeron summer, both mixed are really ugly

hope my comment help you

edit:
with all respect, i saw better terrained maps rejected or pending.
Sorry, im not voting for approve this map

No don't use Description Generator!!!! Learn BBcode, its the only way to improve descriptions and will be a valuable skill in learning other types of code.

But, ya the terraining tutorial is really cool, I would check that out. Then read the advanced terraining tutorial to see even sicker stuff, like the MIGHTY ALPHA TILE!

Level 30
So all of those years you didn't even try to coup with the latest doings in warcraft 3 modding?

So about the game such a risky map needs to be atleast more larger in size now also those incomes is a bit low I don't like the idea of using your main hall to spam gold income its better if you can add more neutral buildings that has a range of gold income and special benefits like spawns 0 food units, gives +1 defense aoe etc.

terrain needs work as well, heck nowadays a young registered user can sport out an amazing map layout, so do you share in practicing landscaping fitting for risk maps not melee-like similarities.

In total both game play and terrain needs some babysitting, do your time and don't rush you can be better at this when you practice.