• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain Gorilla

Inspired by a suggestion from Warlord Ajer'laroir, I give you the Mountain Gorilla! Rejoice for the dark veil is lifted from the lands at last! The Drudgery of not having a Gorilla is over! Huzzah!

It maintains the ability to uproot trees and bashing people in the face with it, and goes well with my other model. Perfect for Jungle maps where you need a massive primal force to terrorize your expedition!

Edit: Great Thanks to Klayton for all their aid and work in improving this model, cant thank you enough!

Enjoy!

Update: Greatly Reduced the filesize as requested.

Keywords:
Gorilla, Monkey, Ape, Primeape, Zoo, Animal, Brute, Beast, Hulk, Giant
Contents

Mountain Gorilla (Model)

Mountain Gorilla (Model)

Reviews
21:55, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: lower the filesize more. then i'll approve it. -Grendel: changes made, resource approved.

M

21:55, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: lower the filesize more. then i'll approve it.

-Grendel: changes made, resource approved.

Level 10
This is a good idea but, you need to fix quite a few parts of the model parts of the arms aren't attached, many different parts of the model are either concave, or really pointy and sticking out, and there is also a bit of clipping on some parts. Also, I edited my post on the monkey thread giving you proper feedback.

Level 10
I can handle the concaves and points, however I will need advise to deal with merging the forearms to the upper arms, and dealing with any clipping issues.

It's really just trial and error, keep trying different things until you find something that works. Usually if there is a problem with clipping, simple things like moving a few vertices can fix it. With the arms, welding all the detached vertices with their corresponding vertices should work, you'll have to fix the wrap a bit afterwards though. The picture is an example of what I mean by corresponding vertices, the two red vertices being corresponding ones.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    460.8 KB · Views: 226
Level 4
To be completely honest, i think the "before" version looks better.
Its texture has more highlights and isnt a monotone dark grey.
Its your decision but maybe you would like to think it over once again.

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Do you really need a custom texture for this? It can be done with in-game textures right?

Level 10
I have no doubt it can, but as it stands at the moment, I lack the required skillset to do such. I only received Mdlvis and learned the basics of wrapping skins yesterday afternoon.

You pretty much, just have work with MdlVis until you get the hang of it. It is pretty handy though, it has some bugs you just need to work around them. If you need any more help with it I will be glad to lend a hand.