• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostwoods

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: sonofjay
FROSTWOODS
Created by CarloImperio

Map Info:
In the eastern part of Northrend, there is a place that has numerous trees. This area is a good spot for production of lumber. But, different evil creatures are lurking in the mists of the woods.

- 2 v 2 Map
- 4 Exp. Gold Mines (Guarded by Nerubians)
- 1 Dragon Roost (Guarded by Wraiths and Pandarens)
- changed some Hero models
- Reduced acquisition range of creeps

Features

Screenshots:

220526-albums5836-picture61877.jpg

220526-albums5836-picture61879.jpg

220526-albums5836-picture61880.jpg

Credits:
z.ky for helping me in my terrain and melee map making.
He really helped a lot. Especially on that goblin merchants
and for the fog :D

Keywords:
frostwoods, melee, 2 v 2, northrend, ice, undead
Contents

Frostwoods (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/31 13:51:36 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:Blue should also have 1 orange camp and 2 green camps like all the other players. [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Oct/31 13:51:36
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
Blue should also have 1 orange camp and 2 green camps like all the other players.​
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 18
-Can't get out why you put thomes between trees
-Decrease the engage range of creeps in front of base to 200 (Camp)
-Give maximun 2 item drops per creep camp, an balance them in base of creeps..
-more green camps
-a tavern between blue-teal and one between purp-yellow would be nice

Oh and another thing, if you place the creeps in front of base on the side, and you sobstitute high water with low water, connecting blue-yellow and teal-purp, adding some creeps and one expansion mine in there, with a good terrain that could be a 5/5 map.

If you need any help, just contact me

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Looks nice, now you have a straight way to the enemy, but if you want an expo you have to go to the other way, and this is, in my opinion, a great tactical thing, and you added a tavern too! Even if, the only problem is that you can't pick an hero from tavern as first one, cause of the wolfs.. but that's no big problem.
As optional there could be placed shops, and the gold amount of starting gold mines could be lower.
Also change fog settings: start 1700; end 4000; color teal;

And for item drops, I have some suggestions:

-Max 1 item drop for green camp
-Max 2 item drops for red-orange camps

ItemLv-CampLv:
ActivatedLv 1 : Lv 4-12
ActivatedLv 2 : Lv 11->
Rune : On Shops
PermanentLv 1 : Lv 5-11
PermanentLv 2 : Lv 11-15
PermanentLv 3 : Lv 15-18
PermanentLv 4 : Lv 17-23
PermanentLv 5 : Lv 20->
ChargedLv 2 : Lv7-17
ChargedLv 3 : Lv14-17
ChargedLv 4 : Lv16-20
ChargedLv 5 : Lv19-23
ChargedLv 6 :24->
Manifactures : Lv24->

This is an indicative table, wich can change from case to case (for example Lv of each creep of the Camp, map size, number of players), I use it to have an idea of item drops

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Here is a little review for your map.

First of all the terrain is symmetric and I love the layout, but don't you think its a little bit crowded here and there? I'm a micro player and I this kind of map will be great for me, but for mass unit player? This map is a disaster specially if you're dealing with human with arcmage and bloodmage. The terrain design is nice, no empty spot other than the bases. Tile variations looks great but I prefer the combination of grass and dirt for the bases. I wonder why you put wolves on the pathway for the tavern, we always leave the tavern unguarded for strategy wise. Drops are fine, overall this is a very nice melee map but nothing really stunning. 2/5 for now, I want to give it 3/5 but the problem with the narrow pathway is keeping me for doing so. +rep for a nice job.