• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Veilstorm City v1.04

(2)Veilstorm City
Player Suggest: 1v1
Take Inspiration: RA2 city map style, Winter TownShip by StickEagles, Andorhol 6 player map by blizzard, Crystal City 1v1 map by Cigaro, Marketplace middle -mafe idea.
Map Creator: Zucth

overview
193104-7c5a150ba83446c649f89a7c8fb9abe0.png

with water detect (those that arent orange are shallow water... the black around are deep water. just saying to avoid misunderstand)
193105-989812933ae5cd4e80df3f18c26c216b.png

Map Description:
A hard crystal lair deep in the Ironforge valley, a place full of empty glory.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All - 12500)
2 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Goblin Lab
1 Marketplace

Creep Camp:
6 Green
12 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-Map Size: 92x88
-Snow city, I trying to make a pure city style and somehow end up with a snow city.
-Gate and bridge used
-Marketplace middle with 2 goblin lab contest. Tavern at the corner + shop very near the base(similar to TS).
-no merc

1.0 added to Hive
1.01 remove bandit from shop (due to night aggro problem.), move sheep critter in front of the base to a little left. (Aow build problem), remake the green(9)-orange(12) middle area random aggro problem. fixed starter mana empty problem. Sight blocker added in the river near green(9)
1.02 move the tavern a little closer to the middle, push the citadel down (hiding flying units in the citadel)
1.03 change name from Crystalline City to Veilstorm City (the word Crystalline is too cringe)
1.04 add reforged with change at shop camp frost armor wizrad lv3 -> blood wizard lv3

Creator Note:
-It took me many month to find a good layout for marketplace middle after many try.
Previews
Contents

(2)Veilstorm City v1.03 (Map)

(2)Veilstorm City v1.04 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So... I definitely had looked at this map before, but I cant remember if it was here or in discord. I agree that this is a really good map. I have barely anything to criticize, but anyway here's what I would consider again: 1. AoW-Creep: The shop is...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Masterpiece, your hear me ? That's what it is. It is really suitable for 1vs1 melee game. Would love to see alternate versions of this, like changing the theme, environment and so on. 5/5 from me!

Level 12
Hi, I don't usually comment on maps a lot but it's time to tell you that I really like your detail work on the environment of your maps in general not only on this one! crazy work.
If I can just make a point in the gameplay especially for human and elf, you can't build a farm or put a wisp in a tree near the taverns. I know that a lot of players in my clan like to be able to release a hero quickly either to reborn him or to release the 2nd quickly. otherwise good work :p

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So... I definitely had looked at this map before, but I cant remember if it was here or in discord.
I agree that this is a really good map. I have barely anything to criticize, but anyway here's what I would consider again:
1. AoW-Creep: The shop is probably the primary spot nightelves would want to go for, and the fences/flowers are in the way.
2. Large number of unusual creeps: While nothing sprung to my mind immediately, in the long run maybe there could be some unforeseen problems.
3. Shallow water: Imho it doesn really fit with the general winter/frozen theme, and it's not really clear why some apparently habited areas with buidings should be partially flooded.
4. While there are way to get lvl 2, to me it seems to be more a case of chosing the "least inconvenient" route instead of pickin between several "attractive" routes.
5. I agree the having a tree/buildable terrain near the tavern would be a nice quality-of-life improvement.
6. For the large houses, I prefer a less-is-more approach, but that is ofc a personal preference. For a winter-themed map there are also a surprising lot of flowers, shrubs,... which isnt quite the case in reallife (but in wc3 you can always say "a wizard did it").

But except 1, all of this is highlevel criticism.
What I like about the map: Uncontested marketplace idea, gates in an sensible locations, overall balanced creeps and itemdrops, mostly good visuals (see above) which also make the map easy to understand.

So maybe reconsider some of those points, or dont. Either way, obviously map approved.

Level 26
So... I definitely had looked at this map before, but I cant remember if it was here or in discord.
I agree that this is a really good map. I have barely anything to criticize, but anyway here's what I would consider again:
1. AoW-Creep: The shop is probably the primary spot nightelves would want to go for, and the fences/flowers are in the way.
2. Large number of unusual creeps: While nothing sprung to my mind immediately, in the long run maybe there could be some unforeseen problems.
3. Shallow water: Imho it doesn really fit with the general winter/frozen theme, and it's not really clear why some apparently habited areas with buidings should be partially flooded.
4. While there are way to get lvl 2, to me it seems to be more a case of chosing the "least inconvenient" route instead of pickin between several "attractive" routes.
5. I agree the having a tree/buildable terrain near the tavern would be a nice quality-of-life improvement.
6. For the large houses, I prefer a less-is-more approach, but that is ofc a personal preference. For a winter-themed map there are also a surprising lot of flowers, shrubs,... which isnt quite the case in reallife (but in wc3 you can always say "a wizard did it").

But except 1, all of this is highlevel criticism.
What I like about the map: Uncontested marketplace idea, gates in an sensible locations, overall balanced creeps and itemdrops, mostly good visuals (see above) which also make the map easy to understand.

So maybe reconsider some of those points, or dont. Either way, obviously map approved.
well you are able to AoW there btw... so idk what are you talking about...
I will consider about the tavern improve
flood are about the rain fall that falling the day before enter the winter season in the next morning turn the place colder. Force the water to become an ice.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
well you are able to AoW there btw... so idk what are you talking about...
I will consider about the tavern improve
flood are about the rain fall that falling the day before enter the winter season in the next morning turn the place colder. Force the water to become an ice.
Yeah upon looking at it again it should be fine. Not sure what I was thinking before :con: