• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Tyr's Fall v1.2

(2)Tyrs Fall
Player Suggest: 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth
layout: EchoIsles + Booty bays

Normal Ver.
221517-109b010bfd9a81c350ff01599082e052.jpg

Extend Ver.
222833-b6ebc22aae417b7274ecc21ef3f07001.jpg

Map Description:
The old fallen cursed land, Lich King's Plague is eternal. this place was left as blightful gloomy forest.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-12500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
1 Goblin Lab
1 Marketplace
1 Mana Fountain

+2 merc camp -summer (Extend ver.)

Creep Camp:
6 Green (+2 Extend ver.)
11 Orange
1 Red

Information:
-playable size 112x78 (112x88 Extend ver.)
-EI with more offensive expo
-keep booty bays middle and start position(also size), get the EI bottom half.

v1.1
-buff 5-2 camp to 5-2-2
-crab facing weird way fixed
-remove some of the unbuildable tile at 2-1-1 camp
-nerf the FoM early game, added ward watcher to the creep team. Now with invis and windwalk won't be enough to get a free mana and walk away.
v1.1 extend
-move the middle creep and main base trees line to create another middle path as what happen(a feedback) on ATR
-add watcher ward like the original version.
v1.2 extend
-trees around fountain update

Creator Note:
- Extend version were made following Robogoblin request and suggest(ATR Cup). So Extend version is made by Zucth & Robogoblin
Previews
Contents

(2)Tyr's Fall Extended v1.2 (Map)

(2)Tyr's Fall v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This is/these are some very good map(s). I like the "original" version more, since the ATR-version is a bit too gimmicky with the expansion surrounded by trees, which is a feature that I dont think works well in 1v1. So I'll base my feedback on the...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This is/these are some very good map(s). I like the "original" version more, since the ATR-version is a bit too gimmicky with the expansion surrounded by trees, which is a feature that I dont think works well in 1v1. So I'll base my feedback on the original.
Visually at the map looks great, but I would remove the water tinting color, since there enough shades of green anyway. In fact, the default water color would make the map easier to understand and provide some welcome contrast from the rest of the map.

In terms of gameplay:
1. The mana fountain is the most unique feature, sadly it's probably bound to produce some kind of imbalance, even though I'm not sure in which way.
2. Creeps and items are very good and a nice mix of familiar and new. I'm slightly worried about the lvl 2 permanent from a 5-2 camp being too rewarding. Maybe turn it into a 5-2-2 or a 5-3-1 camp.
3. Did you intend for nightelves being able to build trees of life "behind" the forests at the bottom expansions? Asking just out of curiosity, not because I see this as an issue.
4. The crabs at the eastern shop appear to be facing towards a strange direction. I have mixed feelings about this camp in general: The item rewards are kinda underwhelming, but on the other hand getting a relatively risk-free lvl 2 seems strong. Maybe downgrading the crab to lvl 3 would solve both issues.
5. The central expansions are very interesting and I'd really like to see how pro players react to them.
6. There seems to be just a tiny bit too much unbuildable terrain/shallow water at potential AoW-placement locations near the main bases. It's probably fine, but as nightelf I would be thankful for every tile that lets me build and AoW slightly closer to the creeps.
7. It's very nice that only 50% of the creepspots are near the edges of the map.
8. Fwiw I find this map to be more reminiscent of an EI/AL hybrid than of BB.

Keep this map in mind for potential future mapping contests :) Approved.

Level 26
This is/these are some very good map(s). I like the "original" version more, since the ATR-version is a bit too gimmicky with the expansion surrounded by trees, which is a feature that I dont think works well in 1v1. So I'll base my feedback on the original.
Visually at the map looks great, but I would remove the water tinting color, since there enough shades of green anyway. In fact, the default water color would make the map easier to understand and provide some welcome contrast from the rest of the map.

In terms of gameplay:
1. The mana fountain is the most unique feature, sadly it's probably bound to produce some kind of imbalance, even though I'm not sure in which way.
2. Creeps and items are very good and a nice mix of familiar and new. I'm slightly worried about the lvl 2 permanent from a 5-2 camp being too rewarding. Maybe turn it into a 5-2-2 or a 5-3-1 camp.
3. Did you intend for nightelves being able to build trees of life "behind" the forests at the bottom expansions? Asking just out of curiosity, not because I see this as an issue.
4. The crabs at the eastern shop appear to be facing towards a strange direction. I have mixed feelings about this camp in general: The item rewards are kinda underwhelming, but on the other hand getting a relatively risk-free lvl 2 seems strong. Maybe downgrading the crab to lvl 3 would solve both issues.
5. The central expansions are very interesting and I'd really like to see how pro players react to them.
6. There seems to be just a tiny bit too much unbuildable terrain/shallow water at potential AoW-placement locations near the main bases. It's probably fine, but as nightelf I would be thankful for every tile that lets me build and AoW slightly closer to the creeps.
7. It's very nice that only 50% of the creepspots are near the edges of the map.
8. Fwiw I find this map to be more reminiscent of an EI/AL hybrid than of BB.

Keep this map in mind for potential future mapping contests :) Approved.
1. Welp it might have potential, SV already proof that FoH near the middle of the map isn't really a problem to the game. Mana might be a bit different but you can't early use it anyway(unless BM or invis). The outland guy are awake +It might not be used in the game at all is also possible cause of rush distance between player. sit there all day won't be much different like how middle work on Market Square Middle.
2. fixed
3. I intend for a lame tower stuff might be worth a try, but it wont be possible until they clear that yellow murloc spot cause of lv7 building aggro range.
4. That was intend, a kinda safe lv2 route. W3Champions top player stats has show that there aren't many good human map these days. Let give them some chilling space.
5. -
6. sure I will change that.
7. -
8. Autumn Leaves? didn't expecting that coming up. I guess it was because how BB need a zeppelin by removing that it become short range expo like AL and safe expo by EI expo position.

I also hope that I could keep something normal like this cause I probably going back to red again.