1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by TheSpoon, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    True, Archmages are probably the weakest heroes in-game. In chapter 7, I simply mass-frostwyrmed their asses to death, including the level 10 Antonidas.

Yeah, and Fel Grom is an epic hero. Reminded me of something though, in Grom's second chapter, how would it be possible that a troll hero(if chosen) obtains a chaos attack. Would be hard for player 2 to down Cenarius on insane difficulty without it.

Oh and McQvaBlood, Alterac Mountains are mountains, the sentence about the ogres wouldn't fit either :p.

2. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, what do you mean by that?
    These are actual lines from the human campaign that are said by Footmen.

Btw, I agree that Archmagi are weak. But don't forget that they have Mass Teleport, and a powerful 2.25 mana point per second regeneration aura. The problem with them is that they can be killed so easily and the seventh map's quest makes them a primary target.
    Idea: There are those power generators near the Archmagi. On insane, convert them into a unit and make the Archmagi invulnerable while they still stand. So you'd have to destroy the Generator first (Something like 1500 hit points for the first Archmage, 2250 for the second and 3000 for Antonidas) and than kill the Archmagi.
    This would disable any rushes. As even on Hard, you can easily just run in with both heroes and Frost Nova / Death Coil them to death.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  3. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    No offense, I assure you.

What I meant is that the line "Ogres have moved down from the hills. It appears they are looking for a fight!" is inappropriate to use since throughout this whole campaign the only chapter that ogres appear in is "Chapter 6: Blackrock & Roll, Too!" that happens at Alterac Mountains, which are mountains.

4. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This line is actually spoken on March of the Scourge (Human05), where Ogres guide a Fountain of Life in the top left.

5. DarthDeath

DarthDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    why i can't play it with WC3 TFT. The map actualy doesn't exist?:confused:
    Please help me!!!:sad::sad:

6. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need to launch Reign of Chaos.exe(Its icon is an Orc) in your wc3 folder. It's in the campaigns there.

7. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, these maps do not work in Reign of Chaos anymore.
    Are you sure you have the latest Frozen Throne Version? (1.24.4)

8. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you o.o
    As McOvaBlood said, have you definetly got the most recent update?

9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol this thread is always very active when a new map comes out but then for the few days before the next one is released there is a lull in conversation .. haha

10. scorrea

scorrea

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi spoon :) but How much longer? to play black rock and roll too! :) please I'm patient :) ahahahaha i need play............. I'm Adiccted

11. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe true. We always comment on the recently released map and discuss the one after. I hope this gets to become a hosted project so we can discuss everything in their specific threads.

12. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would just divide our attention between several threads. I like this as is, one thread to discuss everything.

13. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    I kinda agree with McQvaBlood, but then if you get this project hosted, you will be able to get more views and attention in the Hosted Projects thingy-majigy.

14. scorrea

scorrea

Resources:
    Resources:
    When will be ready Chapter 6 of the Undead Capaign?

15. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  16. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As Arthas would say...
    "AH, AT LAST!"

18. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys, can someone please check if this load code works? Because it doesn't seem to work here. I knew finishing chapter 5 with an extra Mountain King hero was a stupid idea.

[​IMG]

All those good items gone. Damn I'm so pissed right now.

19. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Our code works properly and we had a Blood Mage and a Paladin, so I don't think it's because of that. Try checking every letter, once I forgot four letters.
    EDIT: I believe it's because of the Gem of True Sight. Spoon removed it from the system. Use our code instead.
    -load t2GE-2nkK-DFfn-axh1-omzz-eqxh-ZaHd-bg6u-LjLy-ZIml-zPBN-xjdE-5YEK-x2rD
    We have:
    Player 1 = Pedant of Energy, Urn of King Terenas, Gloves of Haste, Health Stone, Ring of Regeneration, Hood of Cunning
    Player 2 = Ring of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3, Claws of Attack +6, Ring of Protection +2, Voodoo Doll, Potion of Greater Mana
    You can rearrange these items to resemble your inventory, except for the consumables, but you would use that up anyway.

But don't hurry to play it, the Chapter is bugged on several spots.
    • Urn of King Terenas is not removed from you automatically.
    • On insane, level 1 heroes are not removed. You can kill two herores per base, which results in 5 pieces of Tome of Deamonic Power and 5 pieces of Tome of Sacred Knowledge.
    • When you exchange a structure that's researching an upgrade, the research is removed and the new owner of the structure cannot research it. (I began researching Freezing Breath and exchanged my structure halfway. The reseach was cancelled, but the other player couldn't research it.) Exchanging the structure back worked though.
    • In the middle of the ending cinematic, the cinematic is abruptly ended and you receive no code.
    • Also, I hope this one is not intetional, but besides the Red base, noone attacked us. It made the difficulty very disappointing.

20. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Those bugs are most unusual, thank you for reporting them.
    I guess I can use your code and test myself.
    (Except the exchange bug, I've just simply not thought of a way around that x3)