• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign 2020 - HD & SD

bpRliSM.png

What is the campaign?
Its a hosted hive project in which you are able to play through Blizzard's campaign which a friend.
- On missions where these is only 1 hero, an extra hero is added with new abilities.
- On missions where you have a base, you now have 2!
- On most missions, each player's gold income is halved.
- For those looking for an extra challenge, the insane difficulty is added which adds new bosses, encounters, spells, AI
What's different about the 2020 project?
- 3 difficulties (normal/hard/insane) and you can change anytime
- Insane mode is harder with more custom heroes to fight
- The culling, fall of silvermoon and siege of dalaran use their reforged map data
- The save/load codes are saved to a file
- New interesting spells for most heroes
- You can stack potions/scrolls
- Tomes are tracked between levels and awarded to both players
- Hidden artifacts in every frozen throne mission
- Its all made by Spoon now!
Is it v1.32 and below Compatible?
No, but you can play using with the old project maps. WARNING: they are buggy and I no longer update them.
Download the Campaign

Can I play with Classic Graphics?
There are two options:
- Play with these maps, there are some visual bugs on classic graphics, but perfectly playable.
- Play using the <1.32 maps, (using the above link). WARNING: they are buggy and I no longer update them.

How much is made so far?
Every map in the main campaign has been made now! Though, some frozen throne maps are only available to patreons as early access.

Early access and bonus maps?
If you've enjoyed my maps and would like to see the project completed, please support the project. It takes a huge amount of effort to process all of the maps to a good quality.

What are the new spells?
HZ6gOEt.png
5DDO6fu.png
fpnnwaT.png
HeQx2dY.png
mdnxn1C.png
Jaina - replaces Mass Teleport
Sm4RgN7.png

Thrall - replaces Far Sight
5A2QG7l.png

Tyrande - replaces Owl Scout
6Uxpl3z.png

Magroth - replaces Divine Shield and Devotion Aura
7Q3DqR6.png

fTRyEU6.png

2fBGU3V.png

Previews
Contents

2P Reforged: BElf 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 09 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 10 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 07a (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 07b (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 07c (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 08 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Maps appear to be functional & don't break any rules. Approved. Amazing to see that you're still doing this, @TheSpoon. Keep up the good work!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
This is a good campaign. Well dome.
Needs lip sync and better cinematics like Rereforged camapign by Insanemonster to be better.
Also the new map of culling is bad compared to the originsl one, this is not acceptable. Improve the culling map or use the original one from RoC.

Lip sync is hopefully gonna be fixed in the next patch for me
I've added your suggestions to my 'extra work' tab for people to patreons to vote on. Looks a bit like this:

upload_2021-1-21_15-47-56.png

Level 4
The mere thing that I made an account just in order to express my praise to this work, should be enough to let you know how much I appreciate what has been done. I'm still way in the early levels - and God knows if I'll ever pass them ahah. I'm playin' it with a friend on Insane, and it's truely Insane and next to impossible and "unfair" at times, but is it what "insane" should be, isn't it?
The thing that baffled me was that the creator re-thought from the ground-up the entire map. He didn't simply reproduced the OG map adding a mine and a base and an hero. He had to rethink the challenge and make enemies stronger. When we faced the enormous amount of Skeletons that Kel'Thuzad created from one single corpse we burst out laughing.

One precious info for the ones interested in dowloading it, is that they also used the OG audio sources, so everyon will hear their own langauges in the cutscenes.

The creativity behind what could have been a mere "added mine" Campaign - that could have been cute anyway - turned into an entire new game to play where you know the plot, but the challenge has increased drastically. What have you done here, sir, it's astonishing.
And as person that has downloaded the Reforged Game to come back to play WCIII after 9 long years, not so much into the idea of "doing the Campaign for the 3rd time in my life"... THIS... is simply wonderful

Level 4
I came back to play the INSANE campaign with my friend online finally.... and I came to realize that there is actually a Flaw i'd like to point out and that I wonder if CAN get fixed or there is no way around it. I'll be crystal clear: this work, as I said in the previous comment, is a lil masterpiece, but I gotta admit it has to face an enormous problem that is out of your hands, and is just in the game itself: we CAN'T save an online game. And this morphs the beauty of your work sadly in a little nightmare.

I do play with a friend who lives on the other side of the ocean. 8 hours differences. This means that we don't have LOTS of time in common and we can just play when i should go to bed. I can make that effort, but for how long? Point is that if a mission take 30/40 mins it's okay.
But if it takes 90 mins we have probably just our FIRST attempt. If it drags it's a problem. What do we do? Quit in the middle? how? T.T
We would love to get back to it from where we had to interrupt it, but surely you can not integrate internal saves....

...BUT... and i'm asking... you use those codes at the end of the mission: from what i get they actually activate stats corresponding to what you seemingly gained and had with in order to give you the illusion of progression and continuity of a normal campaing. Right?
... Is it truely impossible to ADD the chance to get that code in mid-game and use it to get AND the spells and object AND the point you reached IN the misssion?

Let's be clear. While i'm writing i'm the first one realizing i'm making a fool of myself: how can a code take track of positions, amounts of units, gold, lumber, food, enemies kileld etc. There is NO WAY.

BUT... what about if we talk about check points?
What about if VERY long missions gift you of a check point when you complete the first quest?
In order to continue for the second part of the mission even if with difff units?
Or even easier... what if you set a trigger in which you can "type something" to activate a sort of cheat.

Cheats are not enabled online. But what if you set them as trigger?
We, as player, instead of having to face AGAIN everything cause we can't save, and sometimes we don't have enough time even for one single mission, in our second attempt, take a long breath, deal with the "cheating tactique"... and go for it activating a trick to be invincible and reach the point where we stopped, and deactivate it again by our own.

I understand it's a pretentious suggestion, but it's truely the only one i can give to make this work more enjoyable cause its only flaws lays in the Limit that BLIZZARD gave to the game. Not you

What do you think about ?

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Maybe you could update the Durotar campaign too? Playable by 2 players? Please? and more maps maybe?
Hopefully one day, just takes a long time.

I came back to play the INSANE campaign with my friend online finally.... and I came to realize that there is actually a Flaw i'd like to point out and that I wonder if CAN get fixed or there is no way around it. I'll be crystal clear: this work, as I said in the previous comment, is a lil masterpiece, but I gotta admit it has to face an enormous problem that is out of your hands, and is just in the game itself: we CAN'T save an online game. And this morphs the beauty of your work sadly in a little nightmare.
I will add your suggestion to the board for patreons to vote on. But both of those would take a while which would take back from other features, like extra chapters.

Level 4
Hopefully one day, just takes a long time.

I will add your suggestion to the board for patreons to vote on. But both of those would take a while which would take back from other features, like extra chapters.
Sounds great, for a reason i couldnt reply 7 days. :))) i don't know what's up with this platform.

Level 4
Maybe add 2 new heroes and new spells for them, some new maps with TH, new things, 1st player to command rexxar and cairne the second chen and rokhan. Maybe the attribution scale from Rokhan changed he gains only 1AG per lvl...he is based AG

Level 2
Hi there! I just wanna say, I've been a big fan since the original 2p campaigns. To be honest, after many years of waiting, I kinda gave up hope that this will get updated again but here it is. I have fond memories of playing through them with my dad when I was younger. one of those was us taking 2 hours to beat the second last NE mission back when it was in alpha or beta. we resorted to massing dryads (like 3-5 cos we poor) and hit and run tactics because we were running out of resources faster than we can build, my wannabe kael'thas hero bugged out after dying once so he could no longer attack. in the end, though, it was a satisfying victory.

Anyways, I've been meaning to try this out with a friend, since my dad isn't as good with games as he used to be, and decided to check some out in solo. There are definitely changes that I have noticed, like Jaina being player-controlled instead of ai in the last orc mission (gonna miss you tauren demolisher spam) as well as cairne being, what I assume is, a universal hero.

I've also played the originals with the same friend and we used to share units because we believed that it would benefit us since he had a tendency to leave units behind. in the end, however, we ended up turning it off because we kept moving each other's units, especially when casting spells and reorganizing units.

the point I'm trying to get at is, would you consider adding another hero to equal each player's hero numbers instead of keeping the third a universal one? I do understand how hard it may be with the last NE mission with how you did it so I don't mind that not being changed.

I hope I'm not bothering you too much with this. Keep up the good work!

Level 1
thank you for making this co-op campagne me and my friend are now making all of them ! would love to see you make custom campagne in co-op !
JASS:

Level 11
Hey, amazing work, I have a question though, why does the last mission in the scourge campaign make a save code?

Level 16
im sure lots of streamers and youtubers would want to demo your campaign.
maybe try Jayborino or WTii, or any others.
Jayborino plays nearly all HW campaigns, but im not sure if has partner to play with.

Edit: i remember once I edited you 2P campaign to make it single player (play arthas vs captain scenario).

Do you plan on also making 1p mode, or you will keep it still a 2P only campaign? :)
2 years later and Jayborino is indeed playing it with Grant :peasant-grin:
Undead 02 - There's actually 2 gold mines stacked on one another, my friend and I noticed it just before we finished the chapter, we tried clicking on a gold mine and it says it wasn't haunted, turns out there was multiple gold mines.
I noticed that in the base version of Reforged when I played the campaign, so it's not something Spoon did, I don't think.

Last edited:
Literally bought 2 copies of reforged just to play this with my brother.
However, we got to Sentinel 1, and it crashes randomly halfway through the map. It happens completely at random to one of the players, and even if the other tries to finish the map alone, it will crash at some future point for them as well. Is there any fix for this?
Reforged so far has been a literal buggy mess for both of us, but this is unplayable.

EDIT: for some reason, switching to SD graphics stopped the crashing, so we were able to finish the map. The second map doesn't seem to have the same crashing issue with the HD graphics.
P.S. Naga Royal Guards suck ass

EDIT2: The same crash occurs on Sentinel 4
EDIT3: Also on Sentinel 6
EDIT4: Also on BElf 1
EDIT5: On Scourge 4, there is a bug that causes severe lag spikes every second once you attack the final dreadlord's base (the one in the corner). Possibly a leaking trigger?
EDIT6: The crashes also occur on Scourge 7a and 7b

Last edited:
Level 28
On patch v1.33 Sentinel 08 doesn't work. Crashes the game. Don't know about other map's that don't work on v1.33.
I'm pointing out that 1.33 not only broke all things related to custom maps or campaigns, but it also affects the World Editor. Here's the statement from Retera:
On August 17th, 2022 (almost two years after the Reforged team was let go) someone at the office at Blizzard released an update for Warcraft III Reforged that is called the Patch 1.33. So, this is not Reforged itself but the update from recent months.
The idea behind the recent update was to "say I did it" with making a Ranked Ladder and the guy who pushed out the update left shortly after it was released [allegedly]. One of the changes in this update is that a lot of stuff in the game was reformatted by the 2020 team in unfinished and experimental ways, such as an experimental caching system for all files loaded in the game that was trying to make the game faster. But the experimental cache isn't finished, so a ton of just totally random stuff crashes like the ingame campaign.

So, despite negative news that you might have heard in the last two years about Warcraft III Reforged, the situation is actively getting worse and is set to likely get even worse in the next few weeks or months. There were even more experimental changes that the 2020 team was not quite done building, and the new guys are going to push those out next week without really testing them much, because they can and they feel like it. It lets them check off the box to their managers to say they added features to the game that are not really there and do not really work, like the Ranked Play and stuff that has been missing the last two years.

Along with these experimental changes, one of the things that they broke is the map editor. A lot of buttons and UI in the map editor (after these recent changes) will just crash randomly, and we have pretty good leaks to suggest the changes were made by the 2020 laid off team who intentionally never released those changes because the changes were not finished.

Level 1
It's really well done, thank's for that :)

Balancing is very good, due to 'nerfing' the players income and splitting up units, which are given by the default campaign.

Playing it with my brother now, as we're both fans of the warcraft universe and have good memories of our 'first time' in singleplayer. It's awesome ;)

(we're playing "in german", so also the voiceover is in german, which is nice. The only downside is, the "map choosing GUI" has a strange behaviour, it seems to translate map names anyhow or something like that and is also loosing some words during that ... as there are some maps without any name, without numbers or with partly german names (only ingame, the editor will show correct names in the description) ... strange ... but it's nothing to blame the campaign for & we'll find our way through)

Level 2
Human02 map crashes for the first player (throw you to the main menu) after 5-10 minutes of gaming. Classic and Reforged graphics. When you play alone - everything is fine

Human05 map same for this map. This map crashes right after intro video (when Artas and jaina arrive to city) when you play 2p coop. Any graphic. When you play alone - everything is fine.
But, what interesting, if you skip this intro scene the map works fine and for 2P

I've tested on 1.36 patch

Level 28
Human02 map crashes for the first player (throw you to the main menu) after 5-10 minutes of gaming. Classic and Reforged graphics. When you play alone - everything is fine

Human05 map same for this map. This map crashes right after intro video (when Artas and jaina arrive to city) when you play 2p coop. Any graphic. When you play alone - everything is fine.
But, what interesting, if you skip this intro scene the map works fine and for 2P

I've tested on 1.36 patch
Latest patch of Reforged (1.36) tends to broke some important features of the game, most notably the compatibility for older maps. Even Blood Raven has encountered a LOT of problems with this 2P, though he tested it with 1.33.

Latest patch of Reforged (1.36) tends to broke some important features of the game, most notably the compatibility for older maps. Even Blood Raven has encountered a LOT of problems with this 2P, though he tested it with 1.33.
Yep, it's been steadily getting worse. I had the same kind of crashing when I tried playing a melee map with HD graphics the other day. If it happens on a melee map, it could happen anywhere. The game is literally unplayable with HD graphics enabled, so I have no idea why I bought this "upgrade" in the first place.
At least things mostly work on SD graphics... for now. I suppose we should be thankful. But it's only a matter of time before the monkeys Blizz has hired to "maintain" the game break everything on that front as well. Gotta love the inability to rollback patches.

Level 9
Would having 5 mana stones increase mana regeneration by 125%? It doesn't seem like it does

Does it only work in Classic Graphics? Or does it only work in Reforged Graphics?

Or does mana stone stacking only work in TFT campaigns?

Level 4
Hi,
I would like to play the 2P campaigns with a friend. We both have RoC Keys and downloaded the Classic Game from Blizzard and have it ready to play from the Battle.net app. The actual game appears to be Warcraft III: Reforged v1.36.1.xxx in the launcher - but is it? We haven't bought the game, but the only noticeable difference is that ingame options don't provide a switch to reforged mode.
I would assume, this makes the new (=HD?) version of the campaign inaccessible to us, so we would need to use the old maps?
Would we still be able to play together if one of us buys Reforged (and probably needs to switch to Classic Mode when playing together)?
Any advice is appreciated - thank you!

Level 23
Hi,
I would like to play the 2P campaigns with a friend. We both have RoC Keys and downloaded the Classic Game from Blizzard and have it ready to play from the Battle.net app. The actual game appears to be Warcraft III: Reforged v1.36.1.xxx in the launcher - but is it? We haven't bought the game, but the only noticeable difference is that ingame options don't provide a switch to reforged mode.
I would assume, this makes the new (=HD?) version of the campaign inaccessible to us, so we would need to use the old maps?
Would we still be able to play together if one of us buys Reforged (and probably needs to switch to Classic Mode when playing together)?
Any advice is appreciated - thank you!
Same game, just graphics changes. Reforged is just a graphics pack. You and your friend can play this version, no need to use the old maps.Some of the remade missions (stratholme, silvermoon) might have some buildings that don't show up cause they don't have a classic equivalent, but otherwise this version is fine. If one of you plays reforged graphics and other plays classic graphics, that is also not an issue.

Level 4
Thanks for your quick reply!
I came across a few issues in the HD version, though.
Player Names, Tooltips, Hotkeys are all bugged in Sentinel Mission 1. Also, the Map names are not properly displayed in the folders. Some have proper naming, others are named blank, 1, Blizzard Entertainment. I doubt this will work as something seems off with the HD maps using Warcraft 3 Classic.

There must be differences, besides the graphics. In the new custom W2 campaign, the developers state that it's necessary to buy Reforged to play it... Why state that, if it's perfectly fine to play it using Classic W3?

Level 23
Thanks for your quick reply!
I came across a few issues in the HD version, though.
Player Names, Tooltips, Hotkeys are all bugged in Sentinel Mission 1. Also, the Map names are not properly displayed in the folders. Some have proper naming, others are named blank, 1, Blizzard Entertainment. I doubt this will work as something seems off with the HD maps using Warcraft 3 Classic.

There must be differences, besides the graphics. In the new custom W2 campaign, the developers state that it's necessary to buy Reforged to play it... Why state that, if it's perfectly fine to play it using Classic W3?
Because the W2 campaign has been made specifically for Reforged- there are no equivalent classic units to all the HD custom models they use. They might have even ticked the requires HD box in the editor so the campaign cannot even be opened up when playing in classic graphics.

As for the bugs you mentioned in 2p, it was made in mind for HD. There won't be any serious issues in classic graphics, but all the test and stuff was likely done with HD in mind. Any time blizzard campaign maps are edited, a lot of weird problems crop up--- probably nothing that can be done about it. Just make sure you play with Wc3 in english to avoid the majority of issues, since language of game has huge impact when playing maps that are Blizzard campaign edits (just from what I have seen).

Level 4
Because the W2 campaign has been made specifically for Reforged- there are no equivalent classic units to all the HD custom models they use. They might have even ticked the requires HD box in the editor so the campaign cannot even be opened up when playing in classic graphics.

As for the bugs you mentioned in 2p, it was made in mind for HD. There won't be any serious issues in classic graphics, but all the test and stuff was likely done with HD in mind. Any time blizzard campaign maps are edited, a lot of weird problems crop up--- probably nothing that can be done about it. Just make sure you play with Wc3 in english to avoid the majority of issues, since language of game has huge impact when playing maps that are Blizzard campaign edits (just from what I have seen).
A-W-E-S-O-M-E
English Language has solved the Map Name issue and from a first hands-on, the campaign looks good!! :)
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, have a great week!