• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)H:Tomb of the Kings

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
SonofJay

(2)H:Tomb of the Kings
Created by SonofJay

Map Info

A melee map based on a place in the novel Heroes:"Revenge of the Swordman"

This tomb was build and design by a famous king along time ago. All of the heroes and kings that contributed for the peace of humanity had been buried here. But it was not been used for years and rumors said that bandits had raid it and claimed the tomb.

Features

*4 Goldmines
*2 Goblin Shop
*12 Green creep camps
*8 Yellow creep camps
*2 Red creep camps
*1 Fountain of life
*1 Fountain of mana

Screenshot

Image Description:
Overview

211785-albums5364-picture55018.jpg

Screenshot

Image Description:
Screenshot of the tomb

211785-albums5364-picture55017.jpg

Screenshot

Image Description:
Screenshot

211785-albums5364-picture55016.jpg

Screenshot

Image Description:
Screenshot

211785-albums5364-picture55015.jpg

Screenshot

Image Description:
Ingame Screenshot

211785-albums5364-picture55014.jpg

Screenshot

Image Description:
Ingame Screenshot

211785-albums5364-picture55013.jpg

Author's notes

This map was made moths ago and i just decided to upload it now. Originally it is only the tomb at first and I just put the outer terrain to support 1 on 1 melee game

You will notice that the units have lower scale, the reason of it is i want to make the tomb look big, and that has been made a months ago, and changing it will take time and intense clicking.

Hope you like it

If I plan to update this map I will reconstruct the outer terrain of the tomb.

Keywords:
melee, war,
Contents

(2)H:Tomb of the Kings (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/27 23:05:31 Reasons: Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Jan/27 23:05:31

Reasons:
Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: *You've resized everything except for those Wendigo creeps
*The idea to make everything smaller is just silly, it may be "artistic", but not suited for a melee map
*Some yellow creeps actually drop better items than red creeps
*Horrible and shallow terrain, random green pots spammed everywhere in a snowy environment, you've even used the ugly lightning bolt doodads, spammed fountains at the center of the map and the cliff edges don't fit a gigantic temple.

The overall idea just doesn't work, the map is way too huge for a 1v1 map, the creeps are too close to each other in the center, due to the map's size you can't really early harass teh enemy, the gold mines should rather be guarded by yellow creeps so you can capture them faster and the environment lacks detail and terrain tile variation.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules