• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Sunrise Woods

(2)Sunrise Woods, aka. Forest of Dawn
Player Suggest: 1v1
Take Inspiration: Shallow Grave[green creep idea position], Conceal Hill expo.
Map Creator: Zucth

192311-e5800ab28347d1884973f5b71f6c4f23.png

Map Description:
A forgotten forest deep in the swarm land. most of the facility are out of order.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All - 12500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Mercenary camp -L.fall
2 Goblin Lab

Creep Camp:
6 Green
12 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-Map Size: 92x88
-Gate used for auto-path trap, double camp creeping, shortcut to the goldmines.
-Bridge are there for decoration unable to walk over.

++There's a WIP down in the photo down there in case you wanna asked of it.
WIP Plan1
192310-23116678e8ee8a87d530cc4a437d1948.png

v1.0 upload to hive, there are many fixed and change before come to this version.
v1.1 change a lot of stuff, buff the lab camp from lv17 -> lv19, change direction of the three spider camp +fix aggro, fix aggro lv7 camp. Fix gate aggro path + fix lab and c2 position camp. buff merc position to be harder. make the tree island between hard expo and main base slightly wider. red camp change from inferno to doom guard. change trees line at the gob shop camp. adding more visual stuff. change cage position to make AoW and merc more variable. Increasing the gate hp.
-add "sunrise woods", a reforged version of FoD that make to match more of the competitive game situation.

Creator Note:
-This is probably my best 1v1 map if compare to the competitive maps.
-The red camp at base is to compare some balance on red camp which is already had been decide, but better leave some idea behind in case come back and fixed later.
Previews
Contents

(2)Forest of Dawn v1.1 (Map)

Sunrise Woods (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Wow, I have to say I am impressed. This map looks very promising and could be worth finetuning. The layout looks perfectly fine and has few interesting new ideas: 1.I've never seen gates used this way, and their use looks very exciting. However, it...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Wow, I have to say I am impressed. This map looks very promising and could be worth finetuning.

The layout looks perfectly fine and has few interesting new ideas:
1.I've never seen gates used this way, and their use looks very exciting. However, it might be preferable to have a little more hp.
2. Having the 2nd second expansion relatively close to the 2nd expansion is also something rarely seen, though it could be have unforeseen ramifications.
3. Lastly, having bridges purely for asthertics is quite genious.

Mostly what would need to be improved to the map to be competitively viable are the following creepcamps:
4. Spider-troll camp: Cann aggro by accidental. Not big dea since it deals little damage and has not disable, so could be acceptable.
5. Merc camp: With the lightning shield wizard, this could be relatively quickly (unlike on SG merc camp, where the creeps are surprisingly tough) for a safe level with little chance of counterplay (I think). Either the creeps should be stronger to make it more of a risk, or weaker so that you dont get lvl 2 from a single camp.
6. The red camps need better antiair capabilities, though the single ensnare could also be dangerous already, since all the other creeps would all focus on the ensnared unit (if a player tries to creep the camp with air only).
7. Near the lvl 2 permanent troll camps, the doodads and shallow water make unncessarily inconvenient to go for AoW-creeping (same for the cage near the merc camp).

8. Visually I dont have much to complain about. I really like the visuals around some creepcamps. Maybe a little more green sprinkled around would make the map look "nicer".
9. But it would be convenient if you could scale down the trees on the northern edge of some forests, as some of those trees are quite big and obstruct vision (just select them and press "-").

Map approved.

PS: Is the minimap in here not up to date with the most recent version? It's different from the minimap ingame.

Level 26
Wow, I have to say I am impressed. This map looks very promising and could be worth finetuning.

The layout looks perfectly fine and has few interesting new ideas:
1.I've never seen gates used this way, and their use looks very exciting. However, it might be preferable to have a little more hp.
2. Having the 2nd second expansion relatively close to the 2nd expansion is also something rarely seen, though it could be have unforeseen ramifications.
3. Lastly, having bridges purely for asthertics is quite genious.

Mostly what would need to be improved to the map to be competitively viable are the following creepcamps:
4. Spider-troll camp: Cann aggro by accidental. Not big dea since it deals little damage and has not disable, so could be acceptable.
5. Merc camp: With the lightning shield wizard, this could be relatively quickly (unlike on SG merc camp, where the creeps are surprisingly tough) for a safe level with little chance of counterplay (I think). Either the creeps should be stronger to make it more of a risk, or weaker so that you dont get lvl 2 from a single camp.
6. The red camps need better antiair capabilities, though the single ensnare could also be dangerous already, since all the other creeps would all focus on the ensnared unit (if a player tries to creep the camp with air only).
7. Near the lvl 2 permanent troll camps, the doodads and shallow water make unncessarily inconvenient to go for AoW-creeping (same for the cage near the merc camp).

8. Visually I dont have much to complain about. I really like the visuals around some creepcamps. Maybe a little more green sprinkled around would make the map look "nicer".
9. But it would be convenient if you could scale down the trees on the northern edge of some forests, as some of those trees are quite big and obstruct vision (just select them and press "-").

Map approved.

PS: Is the minimap in here not up to date with the most recent version? It's different from the minimap ingame.
tbh I didn't have a time to remade this map. I got some advise from the discord about gate and the space down the vertical.
It would take time to remade this whole build.
The vision even if it wasn't up to the date but it suppose to be greenish. If it come out as that color so yes, that's what I expect.