1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2)Felp Well

Submitted by Zucth
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
(2)Felp Well
Map creator: Zucth
Suggest players: 1v1

Creep: 6 10 3 (Maps.png Creep color are bug!)

Story: The mysterious forest of elves That has been invaded by some human groups that cooperate with illidan. This forest is tight and flooded with water. Looks scary and weird for the passing people

Unit Building:
6 Goldmines
1 Fountain Of Mana
2 Merc.
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Tavern (next to base)

Detail: Some of Unit Building are near to your base like first goldmines and tavern, and also easy to reach camp. Mid are dragons and FOM(No FOL cause I don't want people to camp up at the middle and easy raid mid goldmines or enemy base and not to make Orc too OP). This will be a bit tricky run round the circle from the map you can see that a gap between GM and second goldmines look very dangerous!

>>>NOTE<<<
Elves: The map somehow theme are invade elves(the map support the theme), so try to play elves will be hard cause
-1) Creeps Camp are mostly human and high elves
-2) Rate game also won't work well against some tribe.
+3) Many Trees for set a scout owl
+4) Creeps Camp near to base

Orc:
-1) No Fountain of Life here for you or it would be OP for Orc
+2) Easy to farm camp

Human:
-1) No Goblin Lab for ya!
+2) Many Creeps Camp near to base

Undead:
Not seen any yet.
Previews
Contents

(2)Felp Well (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Alright. A few general comments first: -Using units as creeps (regular units for example) as creeps is usually a bad idea. These are often not balanced and give way too much or way too little experience compared to regular creeps. -The same applies to...
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright. A few general comments first:
    -Using units as creeps (regular units for example) as creeps is usually a bad idea. These are often not balanced and give way too much or way too little experience compared to regular creeps.
    -The same applies to buildings.
    -I'm sure I've said it a few times by now, but there should not be gaps between trees for 1v1.

I like the look of the map, both in reforged as well as in classic. However, these straights lines between water and non-water are not nice:
    Sharp_Water_edge.png

Regarding balanced:
    -The creeps need to be changed, see above.
    .Also the itemdrops are weird. There's a chance that a sacrificial skull could drop, for example. What should a non-undead player do with it? The itemdrop which has a chance to either be an ankh or a tome is also too much of a luck factor.
    -The main bases do not have enough building space and will be hard to attack.
    -In fact, there is a general lack of open space. The mapi too narrow almost everyhwere.
    -While I like the idea of using the nightelf port, I don't see why anyone would really want to buy a bost on this map.

I don't think the map is bad, but it requires major updates, with respect to all of the issues i mentioned. Therefore map set to Awaiting update.

2. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. So after I hear the reason why no one use the units as a creep now I understand why no one use unit as a creep camp... is this the same as using heroes? that's my another question.
    2. okay soon fixed that
    3. yeah, I just wanna make it just like that because if you look to the first expansion you can see that you can make it as the same base...
    4. I do agree with you, in the first time I didn't think that this map will be that small.
    5. I just got an inspiration from the first frozen throne campaign of night elves(Illidan escape)... maybe I will try make this in the bigger map.
    6. I know that there's the problem in the middle but the map won't let me change it... it stuck! I dunno how to fixed this problem.

3. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. Heroes and regular units balanced to be used by players. Creeps are balanced to be used as creeps. My recommendation is to only use standard creeps as creeps, unless you are 101% sure you know what you are doing.
    6. You don't have to change that, but it would be nice if you would.

Generally, it is ok if you want to make a map that is different from the "normal" maps. But you should still try to avoid to avoid issues that make the map "unfun" or very imbalanced.