• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Boulder Vale V1.21

(2)Boulder Vale
Player Suggest: 1v1
Theme: Felwood, Plague Land
Map Creator: Zucth

201771-aab1f7c034cbdc767765ddaed86618ca.png

Map Description:
The boulder vale was once in the felwood but by the demon exprimental make the dimensiongate corrupt set the place next to the plague land.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (base & hard expo -12500, middle expo - 13000)
2 Tavern
1 Health Fountain
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Goblin lab
2 Merc - Ashenvale

Creep Camp:
4 Green
12 Orange
2 Red

v1.0 upload to Hive
v1.1 remove the middle fountain and blocked up (follow ATR ultimate cup)
v1.2 I did see some game on ATR cup and feel like I could change some of the creep to be more balance in term of race and time.
-reduce the difficulty of the easy expo (same exp but with 5-4-3-2 replace wiz lv5 with enforcer lv5 and undead lv4) due to the time HU walk and the time enemy reach I think let's cold arrow alone is better.
-change small green camp from lv4 -> lv6 (more worth to creep), change bear from 3-4-3 camp to 4-3-2 water element with two naga.
-lab camp replace lv4 spider with troll berserker more chance for NE and HU choice(remove poison)
-add small amount of tree at the starter base (too much space to block the enemy) hope this could help HU to having a better life.
v1.21
-nerf green camp lv6 -> lv4 It's already a good choice for fast harassing heroes.
-fixed middle expo lv4 skeleton neutral bug
-change middle expo gold 12500 -> 13000 to make this expo even more important
-buff lv9 green camp 4-3-2 -> lv10 5-3-2 back to its origin (no longer immune to spell)
over all for this patch it's more like fixed how the game flow to how it's orginal suppose to be.

Information:
-playable size 96x84
-northern tile that didn't look like northern
-Road to Stratholme layout inspiration
-Target: focus to make better orc map

this map was used in ATR Cup
Previews
Contents

(2)Boulder Vale v1.21 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So you are done with red maps? To be honest there really isnt much I have to say to this than what I normally say about almost of your other maps. So I wont do it. The only thing of note is that the creeps on the central expansions can still aggro by...
Level 7
Like the tileset, the merc camps of this tileset, the variety of creeps. Gold mines are a little far than usual but I like it pretty much.
2 Red camps only, 4 green camps only (not 6) but a lot of orange (easy and hard ones).

I just love it. 10/10. Wish I could see this map in WC3Champions ladder with some little improvements from pros.

p.d: fix the description text of the map ingame because it has a lot of mistakes :xxd: (Boulder, blouder, ...)

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So you are done with red maps?
To be honest there really isnt much I have to say to this than what I normally say about almost of your other maps. So I wont do it.
The only thing of note is that the creeps on the central expansions can still aggro by accident, which could be possibly improved (but not entirely fixed) by setting the wizard on camp stance too. At least around goldmines such aggro issues are not unheard of.
The destrutable rocks and gates are used in a sensible manner but I dont think they will matter too much.

Given that the gold mine aggro is the only issue: Map approved.