• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Black Edge V1.1

(2)Black Edge
Player Suggest: 1v1
Tile: Black Citadel
Map Creator: Zucth

199944-bb1ffabcc78038b47a14b451dd711c35.png

Map Description:
The front gate of the outer wall of black citadel. A place where draenai and shadowmoon clan were clash.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-12500)
1 Tavern
2 Health Fountain
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Goblin lab

Creep Camp:
4 Green
10 Orange
4 Red

Information:
-playable size 96x92
-Pure Black Citadel tile
-easy up cliff expo
-charge 1 present
-unprotected marketplace at the map corner

-1.0 upload to Hive
switch position of lab and shop for a better synergy
make a space for AoW possibility at the lab camp
Previews
Contents

(2)Black Edge (Map)

(2)Black Edge v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Another red map. Moving on..... In terms of gameplay: 1. Certainly intresting expansion placement, but I'd generally advocate against (non-lategame) expansions on highground. They can be fortified too easily. Especially in case like this, where you...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Another red map. Moving on.....

In terms of gameplay:
1. Certainly intresting expansion placement, but I'd generally advocate against (non-lategame) expansions on highground. They can be fortified too easily. Especially in case like this, where you cant even safely attack the main base instead, as this could trap you behind main and expansion.
2. Not sold on the custom "c1" item table. The speed potion in particular seems horribly imbalanced in the earlygame, if a warden/blademaster finds it, it should result in a forced tp for the enemy hero (at least).
3. Units can heal at the fountains during the day without aggroing the creeps.
4. Nightelves would certainly like to be able to build an AoW closer to the felguard camp

Beyond that, not much to say. A lot of usunual creeps, but no obvious issues with tham or the itemdrops otherwise.
Giving the map the benefit of the doubt (i.e. seeing the "c1" items as an intentional feeture), the other issues are acceptable, but certainly prevent the map from being competitively viable. Nevertheless, map approved.

Level 26
Another red map. Moving on.....

In terms of gameplay:
1. Certainly intresting expansion placement, but I'd generally advocate against (non-lategame) expansions on highground. They can be fortified too easily. Especially in case like this, where you cant even safely attack the main base instead, as this could trap you behind main and expansion.
2. Not sold on the custom "c1" item table. The speed potion in particular seems horribly imbalanced in the earlygame, if a warden/blademaster finds it, it should result in a forced tp for the enemy hero (at least).
3. Units can heal at the fountains during the day without aggroing the creeps.
4. Nightelves would certainly like to be able to build an AoW closer to the felguard camp

Beyond that, not much to say. A lot of usunual creeps, but no obvious issues with tham or the itemdrops otherwise.
Giving the map the benefit of the doubt (i.e. seeing the "c1" items as an intentional feeture), the other issues are acceptable, but certainly prevent the map from being competitively viable. Nevertheless, map approved.
it indeed say c1 but I pretty sure there is only a refresh potion though :?