• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSpellShield

A simple light effect I made that represents a spell shield, protecting it's caster from a yellow bolt.

Full Size
Spell%20Shield%20Big.jpg

Keywords:
Reflection, Yellow, Blue, Shield, Spell
Contents

BTNSpellShield (Icon)

Reviews
00:26, 25th Nov 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
Level 12
And you said that that you have a lot to learn still.
Maybe it doesn't look like wc3 icons because of those lines, maybe try to make them a little more blurry.
By the way 5/5, +rep because I'll use it, and I'm asking for permission to edit the color of icon, because i need it to be green for my spell, ok?

i dont know. theoretically, its a very useful icon and the small version looks nice. but in reality, its just some lines and scribbles you just shat over everything.

i dont want you to do this, i want you to improve drawing defined objects so that you get better and draw more complex objects rather than drawing scribblepoop.

also. it doesnt look like its getting deflected. it needs a sense of direction and movement.

Level 17
Random scribbles with random smudge.
It's not random, and there's no smudge involved; just different brushes.

it doesnt look like its getting deflected. it needs a sense of direction and movement.
Then how do I give it movement?
And yes it's a little bit of scribblepoop but I was bored and wanted to try lights and colors :) (That also spawned this --->
Fire%20Arrows.jpg
)

Level 37
i dont know. theoretically, its a very useful icon and the small version looks nice. but in reality, its just some lines and scribbles you just shat over everything.

Its an icon, 64x64. He could do it in pixel and if it would look good why not?

Now this is how i understand your comment, if he wouldn't provide a full scale image the icon would get approved? Just because you don't like the full scale it didn't get approved? But the fact is that icon looks good as an icon? And I don't know since when do YOU decide what style/how to/method someone should use to make icons? It's art after all, and art can be anything, done in ways you can't imagine.

Sorry but it's getting on my nerves...

*topic

Looks good, it would only need some better definition.

you dont get me. the reason why i tend to reject scribblepoop is not simply because it is a scribble and i dont like it. it is because if i accept 1, people just continue to make scribblepoop and they never get any better. they just become complacent and say "no one gives a shit if i submit a scribble". More importantly, it makes the icon maker who made the icon really complacent and they just simply refuse to do anything other than scribblepoop. i did not simply arrive at this decision to favor rejecting scribble poop. its because people dont pick up their game when i ask nicely "this looks nice but try to do better next time" and instead only listen when i reject them

also. naro, tweak that arrow icon a little. like make the parts that are pointy, pontier and round parts rounder

Level 11
As evrybody said, it looks quite ugly on big picture but as a small icon it looks real nice...
It's true what Pyra sais but it looks damn good though ;d...
It's alittle too easy doing this way maybe... but result as an icon is very nice.