• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oblivion Aftermath v.30.3

Reactions: Dragonson
General Game Information

Oblivion Aftermath is a spawn based game that takes place after the events of the popular RPG The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Players will play the part of a count/countess, a ruler of a very powerful city in the imperial province of Cyrodiil. In the game, you will choose how to run your cities, how to specialize your armies, as well as who to ally, betray, or kill. The race for the empty throne in the Imperial Palace has begun. [See below for a more thorough story]
  • Game Supports up to 8 Players
  • Suggested Amount: Best Played with Fullhouse. I Wouldn’t recommend playing with less than 4.
  • Game Modes: Teams of 2 Allowed, and Free For All – As well as Randomized city selection or Manual.
  • Singleplayer is not supported.
  • The map is protected.
Story

It has only been a year since the Oblivion crisis. The Council in the Imperial City has yet to make a decision as to who will be the Empire’s new Emperor. As soon as the jaws of Oblivion were shut, and the news of Martin’s death spread, a new set of jaws sprang open – Political strife. In Cyrodiil, the aristocracy has their eyes set on the prize that is the Emperor’s now empty throne. Turmoil has spread like wildfire across the imperial province as Counts and Countesses of the major cities scramble for power over one another. With the Imperial Legion already weakened from the Oblivion crisis, they are spread thin, and are unable to keep the anarchy from spreading.

Refugees from Kvatch have gone out in search of a new place to call home. The fighting between Skingrad, Anvil, and Chorrol has made it all but impossible to rebuild their once great city. In the Nibenay Basin, south of Cheydinhal, refugees of Kvatch and of the war have founded their new home of New Kvatch.

Features
  • Unit Caps – Every single unit type has a cap – no more sitting in your base and amassing a huge zerg force! This is to reduce in game lag and to prevent mindless massing.

• Choose which guild from the game to specialize your city in – Thieves, Fighters, or Mages Guild

• Choose one of the Nine Divines to bless your army on the battlefield

• A unique resurrection system for your heroes – dying just got interesting.

• Gathering income is not gained by killing units – Steal enemy gold with thieves from the thieves guild – capture enemy farms, or hunt deer to increase your wealth!

• Each City has a special building that makes it unique, allowing for different tactics and gameplay depending on which city is yours.

• Did your ally just leave the game/and/or got destroyed, and you’re outnumbered 2 to 1? No problem! We have a system in place that will give you a buff that will give you a fighting chance until you can find a new ally, or kill your opponents.

• You can move the location of where your units will spawn – in or outside of your gates, or to a city under your control.

• The amount of wealth a player can gather has a limit which can only be increased by conquering other towns. This is to prevent a player from amassing so much wealth, he’ll be able to turtle your siege on his base for a good hour or so. Not happening in this game, folks.

newmapscreen.jpg

Editors Note: My partner helping me make this map, my triggerer, has disappeared. Because I don't want our work to go to waste, I have decided to upload this map. Please submit any bugs you find here. If you'd like to help continue this project, please shoot me a PM. I hope that my triggerer will come back sometime soon, and by then we can make an update.

Keywords:
Elder Scrolls, oblivion, spawn based, spawn, morrowind.
Contents

Oblivion Aftermath v.30.3 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 27
Hmm... interesting.
This seems like a nice strategy map. Gotta inform my friends on BattleNet ;)
The map is cool, i must give you. +Rep for that, if i'm allowed to give more REP within the next 24 hours :p
It's also a nice presentation. Keep going!

If you need a loading screen, or maybe just some skins or other artwork done, tell me.
I'd love to fix something up for this.

Level 4
Quite Awesome map, one of the coolest I've ever seen.
However there is one thing I don't like about it:
When you take a city, there's nothing you can do about it. Just gonna lend a suggestion on how you could make it more fun:

Once you capture a city, it will start as before with just giving 2 food. However, you can spend resources to restore the city, allowing you to build some stuff. This can be done twice:

Level 1 City(First State, when you capture it)
Gives 2 food

Level 2 City
Gives 3 food
Outer Defenses upgrade allowed.
Embassy upgrade allowed(Gives a spawn of 1 militia and gives you a Governor for the city)

Level 3 City(Requires Embassy)
Gives 4 food
Allows you to build a Guild House for your chosen guild, giving the standard unit spawn for that guild.
Allows City Barracks upgrade.

Just a suggestion, think that making city better should be expensive.

Level 35
Typically, I hate spawn maps. This one, however, I like quite a bit =D
GJ =D

Btw, I'm very interested in some of your Divine Auras. Do you know what system your triggerer used for the auras that give a custom ability to units while they're under the effect of the aura? I am very interested in knowing how to do this please :3