• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stockades

Reactions: deepstrasz and Hawk
Players: 2
Tileset: Village

The deserted prison camps in this fertile valley have recently been inhabited by a large group of outlaws. Enter their domain and claim the treasures within before someone else does!

A small map with a short distance between the bases and 6 gold mines total. Also contains 1 Tavern, 2 Goblin Merchants, 2 Laboratories, and 2 Mercenary camps.

stockades1.jpg

stockades2.jpg

stockades3.jpg

stockades4.jpg

Keywords:
Melee, map, solo, 1v1, village, stockades, prison
Contents

Stockades (Map)

Reviews
16:20, 23rd Apr 2010, by Rui: This melee map is alright, but some drops and creep camps need rectification. Read my review for details. Reviewed and rated 3,5 / 5.

M

16:20, 23rd Apr 2010, by Rui:
This melee map is alright, but some drops and creep camps need rectification. Read my review for details. Reviewed and rated 3,5 / 5.

Level 8
sry Kobas - youre wrong - to hide cliffs with doodads looks horrible -
and the less doodads you use the better its will actualy look like -

maybe - youre a terrainer - but youre not a meelemapper.
To learn meelemapping you need a better comunity for ladder gaming like WcReplays or any of this kind.

You know AdamCG´S maps?

sry Kobas - youre wrong - to hide cliffs with doodads looks horrible -
and the less doodads you use the better its will actualy look like -
maybe - youre a terrainer - but youre not a meelemapper.

:cute: You are maybe right :cute:

I can tell that blizzard use large number of doodads in his maps, your river seams to have none of them :eekani:
Also you can make some road/path on the ground, not just mud and grass tile!

Btw, I never made melee map so this is like unprofessional from my side!

Here go 4/5 from me for now :thumbs_up: and vote for approval

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Stockades", a melee map by Ogre_Bob

Yet another decent melee map, though I don't like this one as much as "Reaper's Hollow" for reasons I have written below.
Starting with the terrain, I don't think there's any serious imbalance on the structure. The beautification with the ground textures is similar to what I mentioned in "Reaper's Hollow", including occasional masses of grass standing out in a bad way. It's a pity, though, because the Village tileset is probably one of the best to terrain with.
I didn't find the neutral buildings as brilliantly located and guarded as in the author's other melee map. I have always defended that Mercenary Camps should be easily accessible; after all, the units they sell are only significant early game. I doubt anyone's going to hire an Ogre Mauler or a Mud Golem late game.
The creeps' drops are also strange: why doesn't the Dark Wizard just drop a random lvl5 permanent item instead of having different chances to drop each one? Same goes for the Gnoll Brutes at the Merchants: what is wrong with the Tome of Experience? On the same camp, a lvl2 Permanent seems a little low.
My rating for "Stockades" is 3,5 / 5.