• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Furbolg Mountain

Reactions: Silly Lil Ant
my first map! 4-person, optimized for solo and 2v2. influenced heavily by TM and TR. :)
Our fondest furbolgs head to the slopes for a ski.

furbolg%20mountain%20overview.gif

ss-3%20crop%20size.gif

ss-4.gif

shop-merc.gif

mine%20wagon.gif

A Comparison With Twisted Meadows

- Spawns about the same distance
- Spawns are equal opportunity to Mercenary and Shop camps
- Lab is harder to creep at the start, but still possible
- No experience tomes
- Also two possible expansions, but the middle expansions are easy to creep, encouraging more action-packed games

Other Notes

- Creeps at the gold mines and the outer camps have frost armor or frost breath to balance speed-build militia creeping at difficult camps that are far from opponents, and to encourage creeping in the middle of the map; the frost breath dragons at the fountains prevent Orc from creeping it too easily
- Mercenary camps are accessible from behind the shops. This allows new tricks and techniques not seen on any other map.
- The middle gold mines are on a higher cliff level, and the gold mine is exposed in the rear, with a Lab for Zeppelins nearby. This makes vision play a role in attacking or defending the expansion, and also allows new harassment tactics. (such as siege attacking from the lower ground, blizzarding peasants from below, blinking up and down)
- The outer expansion gold mines are on a lower cliff level, also making vision an important part of attacking and defending.
- Spawns are NOT on a higher cliff level. Visibility due to height is not an issue.

my blog: wc.forelmashi.com
Contents

Furbolg Mountain (Map)

Reviews
19:51, 27th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 7
I like this map! that practically all i can say =p i like the terrain, creeps are well placed, the neutral buildings are evenly placed! overall good I am going to give u 4/5 rating because you need to sort out description. if you are trying to hide the screenshots then instead of saying
put
. oh a +Rep =D

EDIT: description is fine now ! 5/5 =)

Last edited:
Well if the creator uploads it here in the Hive, then he should first read the rules:
A decent description
Right now i see 2 lines and 1 screenshot which is not put in hidden tags.

Besides whining about descriptions do you actually do any criticism on the map it self cause I can upload a map with that looks like a giant pile of sh*t (literally) and have a real fancy description on it with screens and anything (in hidden tags) and that would probably be ok with you ? :bored:

The screenshot - guy - is farwell the best way to describe this meelemap...

and personaly "I" have no problem that its not in a hidden tag.

Yeah... whats there to describe at melee maps? Hidden tags would be nice but not necessary.

Level 4
I may try this.. being as i myself am more melee map oriented when i make my maps, every bit of inspiration counts no?

Actually... i remember one of my melee maps was removed cause it didn't have a "proper description"... that and the drops were kinda crappy...

WTF is a proper description for a melee map anyways?
"This map is a melee map for x amount of players. i used custom triggers, lots of new models, and oh wait this isn't a melee map anymore is it?

Screenshotz"

:p