• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

15 year old shot dead from a Policeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Talking about double standards... About a month ago here in Croatia, some douches got a hold of some random guy and had beaten him to death. The random guy turned out to be some rich man's son and the media blew it over the roof, of course. a day later, 16 years old girl was raped and murdered but her parents turned out to be rather poor so all she got was half a column somewhere in the middle of the news. It's all about mass psychology and media, really. When we say that people are starving to death in Africa, everyone takes it for granted and nobody gives a fuck. But when we read a newspaper article which shows the 'right' side of the story, we tend to believe it at once. People are selfish and stupid, news directors are corrupted assholes and there is nothing we can do about it except change ourselves. I really am sorry for that poor idiot who got himself shot but he should have known better. That's my opinion.
+rep for a damn good post.

Level 30
So if anyone in your family dies, you don't give a shit and thinks that this shit happends 10 times a day in some other country?
... Do you realise that what you said just doesn't make any sence at all?
I don't know the boy in Greece that was shot and I don't know the families that die in Africa... Yet i do feel worse about a whole family slaughtered, bout 5 times a day in Africa then some goddamnd kid that doesn't respect a cop and get punished really harshly. I'm not saying that what the cop did was right ... but still.

Level 18
Originally Posted by Volvox View Post
Talking about double standards... About a month ago here in Croatia, some douches got a hold of some random guy and had beaten him to death. The random guy turned out to be some rich man's son and the media blew it over the roof, of course. a day later, 16 years old girl was raped and murdered but her parents turned out to be rather poor so all she got was half a column somewhere in the middle of the news. It's all about mass psychology and media, really. When we say that people are starving to death in Africa, everyone takes it for granted and nobody gives a fuck. But when we read a newspaper article which shows the 'right' side of the story, we tend to believe it at once. People are selfish and stupid, news directors are corrupted assholes and there is nothing we can do about it except change ourselves. I really am sorry for that poor idiot who got himself shot but he should have known better. That's my opinion.

Volvox she wasn't raped. She was stupid dating a 25 year old she was 16. And who was that beaten guy? Don't remember it in the news.

Level 30
One year ago, a boy of my age was randomly stabbed to death one block away from my school. Now that's disturbing because it could have been me. A few months or so earlyer/later (not sure) another guy was killed because he didn't want to hand over his I pod. The I pod dude got a major gathering and evryone was crying etc ... evryone marshed towards the capital. The boy of my age didn't even make the frontpage in the newspaper.

Level 9
Boohoo, one kid dies
That'll usually happen when you piss off someone with a gun
Yes, it's sad, but I've noticed a tendency in society that leans towards attraction to people getting shot to death in tragic crimes (which are so uncommon in comparison to more pressing matters), when so many people die a year from lack of health care, starvation, poverty, and disease. It gets pretty annoying after awhile

The actual anti-police riots themselves are far more important than that one kid, so why not talk about that instead =P

But it doesn't normally happen when you piss a policeman off with a gun...
I seriously fucking wish it was you instead of that kid!

Level 9
Well done, that makes you sound even more like a Prick!
Gratz :thumbs_up:

----------------------------------------------------------
Edit -> Supa just edited the post above mine and added the second line so he didn't look as bad :O

Level 12
... I don't think you get it. A kid dies in Europe: Oh noez! A kid dies in Africa: Whats Africa? Aw Ma Gawd! He was killed in front of his friends. In Congo Girls get raped by the militia in front of their family and after that, they get killed one by one. You say that people try to help Congo but there are way more people in Congo that are destroying the country then there are people caring enough to help those poor guys. What the fuck is worse in Greece then in Congo? No SHIT, no effing shit. The murders that happen in Europe 1 time a year, happen there 10 times a day. So Greece should stop whining and protesting and they should help Congo and the countries surrounding it. Nobody cares enough to do so but when 1 kid is murdered in the western world, a whole country starts to protest? That is fucking lame.

Hey, a dog took a shit on my porch. I shouldn't try to clean it up or get mad about it, because the porch of a house down the street has a bigger shit on it.

And the media's job isn't to keep you informed on what's going on. It's to get your attention. It might not be right, but it's the way it is. Nobody wants to watch what's going on in Congo. But this, this is breaking news for everyone. This is pure cash.

Level 27
A lot of African boys and girls die Every Day.
A lot of people die every day. We can't exactly protest natural death.
I think it's a shame that you make a thread about this 15 year old, but not about the poor, starving and dieing kids in Africa
There is a fundamental difference in how they die.
To save the starving kids in Africa, we must get food to them. Not an easy task.
To save this kid, we only need that the police officer not shoot him.

We'll do what we can for the starving kids, but for this kid, we need to do something about the cop before it happens again.
Yes it is sad but goddamnit, look at that part of the world.
Comparing it to something worse doesn't make it better.
In Congo Girls get raped by the militia in front of their family and after that, they get killed one by one.
Okay, what do you think we should do to stop a war in progress?
What the fuck is worse in Greece then in Congo?
Should we neglect Greece until it gets as bad as Congo?
So Greece should stop whining and protesting and they should help Congo and the countries surrounding it.
They can't. In case you didn't notice with your giant eyes that only see the big picture, they have problems of their own to deal with.
I really am sorry for that poor idiot who got himself shot but he should have known better.
Anticipate that everyone might try to kill you?

Level 34
unnatural death Forensic medicine A death that is '…caused by external causes–injury or poisoning… which includes death… due to intentional injury such as homicide or suicide, and death caused by unintentional injury in an accidental manner.' See Depraved heart murder, Murder. Cf Natural death.

Thar.

Level 30
A lot of people die every day. We can't exactly protest natural death.

There is a fundamental difference in how they die.
To save the starving kids in Africa, we must get food to them. Not an easy task.
To save this kid, we only need that the police officer not shoot him.

We'll do what we can for the starving kids, but for this kid, we need to do something about the cop before it happens again.

Comparing it to something worse doesn't make it better.

Okay, what do you think we should do to stop a war in progress?

Should we neglect Greece until it gets as bad as Congo?

They can't. In case you didn't notice with your giant eyes that only see the big picture, they have problems of their own to deal with.

Anticipate that everyone might try to kill you?
... WTF? I'm not just talking about poor Africans, i'm also talking about the wars going on there and how the kids there get murdered raped, burned and raped again. The fact that you don't care ... makes you kind of a racist. People dieing because they don't get to eat ... I don't think that's a natural cause. Murder isn't either. The only thing i'm trying to make clear is that if an African boy dies, evrybody is like ... why should i care? It's like the third this hour.

Level 9
... This is barely funny, but the "What do you suggest to stop a war in progress" is funny. "And for the policemen, i have a message : "BURN IN HELL, ****ING MORONS" Well, what about America? Thats...more violent. RPG's, Mafia and such.

EDIT

I would have shot the kid too if he messed with my car.

I JUST GOT IT WAXED.

Thats....really...not...funny.

Level 13
People elsewhere in the thread have been talking about how people die elsewhere in greater numbers, and thus crying about a kid in greece is pointless.

Wrong.

As Stalin said, "the death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." We cannot fathom the death happening right now throughout the world, so all we can do is weep for something smaller that we can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.