• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3U Hero Defense 1.03

Warcraft Unlimited Hero Defense is a... well hero defense game, the objective is the same like any other hero defense games, you defend a person... the person the same old borring king your trying to defend in all the other maps.

Although this sounds like a advertisement of a site I ensure you that I make sure that you will still have fun with this, I was gonna upload version 1.00 but after noticing some bugs when I imported some terrain, I decided to release my last beta version of the map instead. Map will be updated with the official one as soon as it is fixed, (just as long as the Hive staff accepts this of course.)

There is a couple of known bugs in the beta version like the killboard won't work thing. Yes I know about it and I will fix it.

Although the idea wasn't to make the greatest Hero defense map ever, it was meant to simply give it as a anniversary gift for the site.

Of course I know a lot of people are gonna say it sucks but hey that's why it's called suggestions lol.

Hopefully you will enjoy it, even if I know it may suck for most of you.

I totally forgot about update this, also version 1.03 maybe my final version.

Replaced Boss Music (again)
-Added some new enemies
-Added new events
-Added debug mode for when all the enemies are massed at the bridge they will order to Attack Move to location. To use debug command just type in -debug.
-Renewed ShinraCorp
-Renewed D3RP
-Fixed tooltips (probably still some that have mistakes)
-Minor trigger fixing
-Instead of host typing -easy, -normal or -hard for difficulty a Dialog Box appears.
-Added new items

Keywords:
Warcraft Unlimited, Tau Empire, Zerox, D3RP, Ham Ham
Contents

W3U Hero Defense 1.03 (Map)

Reviews
17:17, 8th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 20
I'm the bad guy. :cool: No but really its an enjoyable map that I've played many times. Its got quite the array of custom spells and items. My favorite has to be the portable falcon punch. Its just awesome. Great for bosses too. Its not perfect but perfection doesn't make a map. All that matters is that you have fun. I hope everyone else can enjoy it as well.

Level 15
No offence agaisnt you, but the map needs fix if it should not be rejected.
It has 4.87mb, so it cant be hosted on bnet.
It is 3.13mb below the new limit of 8Mb. Unless you haven't downloaded the new patch, which says a lot about you playing B.Net -_-

Anyway, a fine map. Seems ok throughout the game. The green haze was the one I played. A fairly ok hero with a variety of trigerred spells. Although I can't say they were awesome, I have to agree that it is rather suffice.

I can't really give it a good rating, since terrain is lacking (I don't really care much about that, just saying), tooltips have some problems (like caps) and the Green Haze has an Ultimate which is weaker than Shock Tri-Wave, which is impossibly strong. I'll hold my vote and see what you do about this.

BTW, why do the units have to fall back, its kinda weird when I'm pushing all the way to the enemy towers and they decide to fall back. I guess its for the additional lane, so whatever.

Good luck.

PS: I could help with the Killboard if you want.

Level 14
Use optimizers and remove a few uneeded models. Especially big ones.

Downloading...

Edit:

On the + side:

Custom Models.

On the - side:
Spell buttons miss placed.
Green icons.
BIG
Dry, boring, terrain.
Lack of proper description.
Spell descriptions are boring and don't always include what levels up.
Map is not taken seriously.
Hero themes are ridiculous.
Loads...& Loads...of trigger leaks.
Blizzard Cliffs, use walls or terrain manipulating instead.

I'll with hold my rating until this is out of beta stage. Good luck =P.

Last edited:
It is 3.13mb below the new limit of 8Mb. Unless you haven't downloaded the new patch, which says a lot about you playing B.Net -_-

Anyway, a fine map. Seems ok throughout the game. The green haze was the one I played. A fairly ok hero with a variety of trigerred spells. Although I can't say they were awesome, I have to agree that it is rather suffice.

I can't really give it a good rating, since terrain is lacking (I don't really care much about that, just saying), tooltips have some problems (like caps) and the Green Haze has an Ultimate which is weaker than Shock Tri-Wave, which is impossibly strong. I'll hold my vote and see what you do about this.

BTW, why do the units have to fall back, its kinda weird when I'm pushing all the way to the enemy towers and they decide to fall back. I guess its for the additional lane, so whatever.

Good luck.

PS: I could help with the Killboard if you want.

I have the newest Patch, but 4.87mb is too large, even if the new headline is 8mb.
Just understand it damn.

Level 11
Use optimizers and remove a few uneeded models. Especially big ones.

Downloading...

Edit:

On the + side:

Custom Models.

On the - side:
Spell buttons miss placed.
Green icons.
BIG
Dry, boring, terrain.
Lack of proper description.
Spell descriptions are boring and don't always include what levels up.
Map is not taken seriously.
Hero themes are ridiculous.
Loads...& Loads...of trigger leaks.
Blizzard Cliffs, use walls or terrain manipulating instead.

I'll with hold my rating until this is out of beta stage. Good luck =P.

Aww you didn't place my surprise as a good point lol, but what's the BIG part about?

Level 20
Nah, I've made a policy for how my map works and it will always be unprotected for the people to learn, I've made sure the triggers are simple for even the newbish of people would get it. If it some odd reason is protected it's not my version, and will probably be removed from the site.

Some protect it to kill file size. But if you did that you could always have a place you could still let people get the unprotected version.

Level 11
Ya sorry about those green DISBTN's and the tell you the truth the filesize could actually be lower than that you see people filled out a application to be on that map, and they wished for a model to present him or her in the map. There is I think 5 un used models in that map that I could remove but forgot to, since I never finished there heroes (complex GUI spells.) If I removed all the useless ones I think the map size would be around 3.5 MB

Level 20
Ya sorry about those green DISBTN's and the tell you the truth the filesize could actually be lower than that you see people filled out a application to be on that map, and they wished for a model to present him or her in the map. There is I think 5 un used models in that map that I could remove but forgot to, since I never finished there heroes (complex GUI spells.) If I removed all the useless ones I think the map size would be around 3.5 MB

Who's heroes would that be?

Level 11
O no I've killed alot of filesize space in 1.03 after using the new sound editor, plus I removed those unused models.

There where

Conny's application - he wanted his Sephiroth (the one he merged a lot of things together.) Conny models are great but there always high file size lol.
Kimphoe's application - he wanted a Marine model, so I removed that.

As far as green DISBTN icons, I think there fixed don't remember, plus there is DvO's Shit model that I've replaced it with Zerox's Great Mighty Poo model, that I had thank her a millions times over and over for it lol.

Level 1
sorry, but this map is just a bad spinoff of EotA:Exodus D=

-youve taken the terrain, edited it here and there (the base is edited alot...but...in a bad way =/ ) u didnt even mentioned in the credits (you could have AT LEAST said its based on it...)(you should actually make a credit list or this map violates the hive rules!"

-some skill descriptions make no sense (for example: vincent. his autocast spell... the tooltips say it always does 40 dmg but its CD decreases by one per level...i mean...hello? THE CD IS ALREADY AT 0 )
besides that, the skills arent that original (as far as i can see only edited wc3 standard skills)

-some DISBTNs are green and the filesize is just way too big (ever tried to host a game with a map bigger than 4mb???its almost impossible, even with that new limit)
i just cant give a high rating for this thing =/

2/5 (and a vote for rejected if u dont mention eota:exodus in the credits!)

Level 28
Although the terrains do look a lot like eachother, I believe Tau Empire on this: Ham Ham isn't the first person I would accuse of stealing.
Of course: I can be mistaken, but there is no actual proof that he stole the terrain or not (if you look at DotA spin-offs / footy spin-offs, you notice that the terrains are very similar as well, though that doesn't necessarily mean they stole the terrain).

Well, my decision stands - unless anyone can give some groundbreaking proof that the terrain is indeed edited from eota.

[Thread Cleaned]

Level 20
Maybe I'm a bit late here but I'll post anyway.

@FrozenFenrir I play this may pretty often and I've seen it since it was first in development. I've seen very early versions of this where the terrain was absolutely terrible (no offense ShinraCorp) but the basic idea was there with the enemy being at the top and the base being at the bottom. Slowly through many alpha versions shops emerged on the left and the whole river/bridge concept came to exist. But this was only after many suggestions by users of WC3 Unlimited.

The terrain in it's very basic layout is somewhat similiar I'll give you that. But it wasn't by any means taken from this other map. I hadn't even heard of EotA:Exodus before your post here. It's possible that users of WC3 Unlimited may have played it and gave suggestions that gave a somewhat similar outcome. But really if he was trying to hide anything I'd imagine he wouldn't of left the map unprotected.

The map may not be the best out there but it is his own work.

Level 1
I'm the bad guy. :cool: No but really its an enjoyable map that I've played many times. Its got quite the array of custom spells and items. My favorite has to be the portable falcon punch. Its just awesome. Great for bosses too. Its not perfect but perfection doesn't make a map. All that matters is that you have fun. I hope everyone else can enjoy it as well.

well it was awsome but i get some bugs with this map that suddenly dark miku and l4d tank and adept of throne they dissapears