• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Autocast System Optimized

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: TheHunterKiller
My system was deleted due to the new patch so I decided to host it again! But this time I added a new scenario. Let's hope a moderator will at least look at this system this time.

Here are the scenario's

Defensive Cast - When the boss is attacked he casts a spell.
Offensive Cast - When he attacks you he gets a chance to cast a spell.
Desperate Cast - When his health reaches a certain point he casts a spell.
Revenge Shot - When you defeat the boss he stands back up and casts one last ability at you.

Hope you enjoy this system and I hope it comes to use. It is simple but a few have found it useful.

If you would like to suggest another scenario for the boss to cast please say so.

-- Chief-Oblivion

Keywords:
Boss, Autocast, Boss Autocast, Chief-Oblivion
Contents

Chief-Oblivion's boss system (Map)

Reviews
15:55, 27th Aug 2009 hvo-busterkomo: Rejected for not being MUI.

M

15:55, 27th Aug 2009
hvo-busterkomo: Rejected for not being MUI.

Level 17
Humm, ok I didn't test this but skimmed through the triggers...

You still have leaks, for example:
  • Hero - Instantly revive CO_DyingBoss[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] at (Position of CO_DyingBoss[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]), Hide revival graphics
And you use Waits...

Both problems have their solutions mentioned here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/essentials-tutorial-141191/

Also, you should use Triggering unit instead of Attacked unit...

Level 17
off-topic @ calex3:
I'm not showing off, but the actual reason I made the tutorial is so that I don't have to re-write all these things when I review the spell... now I just link to the tutorial...

And the purpose of the tutorial is to help people, and as you see there I also link to other tutorials (and will add a few more by the next update)... so it is the key to everything you might need :)

Level 9
Boss system, i like it. maybe ill use it. Since most boss battles are just spamming attack

But if you want this approved you are going to make this MUI
how do you know if someone is trying to do a double-boss battle? it wouldn't work

Fix that and it will be Good

Bye

PD: Double boss system. Mmm y haven't thought of that, it would be good if someone could make some like that,it will be fun to watch out 2 bosses xD

I cast ranged ability, he cast stomp...
I cast ranged ability he cast stomp again...
I strike him, he strikes too, using abilitys... but not stomp
He shud, cuz i get close to him.

How about than:
If ataking unit is melle, then cast stomp, else cast stormbolt
Also you can add more "and"

I killed him, he revive us invulnerable...
I try get closer, he get closer too and after we both died...
Funny? No it is not... it need fix for sure.