• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNBeesheild

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Licheus
A bee shield! uuummm i do realize that it does cut off the icon a tad at the top but i'm not sure how to add a little extra canvas to the top of the layer in GIMP!

Hope you like it and i'll fix it up the second someone explains how to cause i got no clue XD

(Sketched general outline and filled it in on computer... Real simple)

Keywords:
Bea, shield, bee shield, stripped, stripped shield.
Contents

BTNBeesheild (Icon)

Reviews
08:23, 6th Aug 2009 zombie2279: TOTALLY lacks shading, a 3D positioning and it's too simple. Even the lines seem to be messed up. Complete reworking from a 3D perspective with the usage of lightning too please. Rejected until uptaded.

M

08:23, 6th Aug 2009
zombie2279: TOTALLY lacks shading, a 3D positioning and it's too simple. Even the lines seem to be messed up. Complete reworking from a 3D perspective with the usage of lightning too please.

Rejected until uptaded.

Level 12
joel79, you should really take a look at the icon tutorials around this site. I'm not discouraging your work, it's a good start in terms of shape, but it completely lacks shading and highlights. By viewing tutorials you can gain much knowledge of how to make your icons look more detailed and distinguished. The tutorials section has really helped me with basically everything I do here on this site, so giving them a look-over woudn't be such a bad idea. Good luck with your icon making career. =P

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
-----------------
1.Overall creative and nice idea.
2.Shading is in dying need around the shield.
3.Detail and decoration are some-what good, but you might wanna add some other effects because its too simple at the moment.
4.The 3-D effect is lacking you gotta make it look like its an actually shield instead of something else.
-----------------
(All my recommendations to your icon, you can choose to use these or not, your choice.)
Thanks, Army-of-pandas.