• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDeathClaws

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I took the old doom icon as template (found in warcraft III and was created by blizzard). hope that is allowed. here are the changed i did.

-Changed color of background
-Changed color of Claw
-Change Weird green symbol in the middle (The symbol means Death in Chinese)
-Added dark glow
-Added blood

The blood effect so good, so if anyone wants to try and make a better effect i can post the one without the blood (assuming this one isnt going o get rejected). The symbol was googled. I actually am chinese but i can only speak it. And it is only 1 word when i say it (1syllable=1symbol) There was apparently 2 so i added both on the claw. I tried making it look as good as i can.

Keywords:
doom claw dark black blood bloody blizzard original hand
Contents

BTNDeathClaws (Icon)

Reviews
08:45, 5th Aug 2009 zombie2279: Recolor.
Level 4
?

This is not fair, and not original, recoloring is against the rules because the art is not yours.

first of all : Recolored Icons
Recolored versions of (author created) icons are allowed as long as they are made for certain purposes- such as potions.

I honestly did not like the colour for the old doom and needs something like this so i made something like this. Incase someone might need something like this. I posted what i made here hoping someone can find it useful. i just used the hand as an outline because i liked it shape. everything else was all me. I put thought into what word to put on the claw and stuff. I put thought into this. Map making is about creativity and im sorry if taking an idea and makign it so much more isnt enough for you.

I dont understand what you mean by no fair. im not trying to win a contest, im trying to help. Ive been using resources from this site for a long item and i felt guilty if i wasnt giving back to it. Im fine with hate comments and if this is not allowed mod please tell me but i just wanted to explain myself. mission accomplished.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
You are right on this part,
Recolored versions of (author created) icons are allowed as long as they are made for certain purposes- such as potions.

But, is this icon really for a "certain purpose" ? or are you just making it for fun and for people too download it? Because at the hive we take stuff seriously, and if this icon is truly what you want and its for a certain purpose than its up too the Moderators.