• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNvenomarrow3

working on achieving wc3 style icons. Updated - Ok i flipped it back to bottom left to top right

Keywords:
venom arrow poison snake virus poisonous danger
Contents

BTNvenomarrow3 (Icon)

Reviews
10:18, 17th Jul 2009 zombie2279: Quite good, the arrow blends in too much with the background, you could fix that by using a lighter green when doing the poison effect on the arrowhead and sharpening the outlines afterwards. 9:26, 20th Jul 2009...

M

10:18, 17th Jul 2009
zombie2279: Quite good, the arrow blends in too much with the background, you could fix that by using a lighter green when doing the poison effect on the arrowhead and sharpening the outlines afterwards.

9:26, 20th Jul 2009
zombie2279: No improvements made, but it's approvable.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
------------------------------------
1-Over nice idea, and creativity.
2-"Venom" could use more vibrant colors/shades to encounter a effect were its coming off the arrow.
3-Shading on arrow looks good, but maybe make the tip of the arrow sharper.
4-Overall nice job, just needs re-working on the "Venom"
------------------------------------

(All my recommendations to your icon, you can choose to use these or not, your choice.)
Thanks, Army-of-pandas.
------------------------------------------------

Level 12
my rating: 4/5 - recommended!
+1p: it clearly is an arrow with poison.
+1p: I think you did it 100% while the idea of arrow is old as heck.
+1p: Good overall work in it.
+1p: Since i lack skill of making icons, ill give it a 4/5 instead of 3/5.
-1p: it lacks the poison/venom (green) abit too much. To make it a venom arrow, add more green to it.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
my rating: 4/5 - recommended!
+1p: it clearly is an arrow with poison.
+1p: I think you did it 100% while the idea of arrow is old as heck.
+1p: Good overall work in it.
+1p: Since i lack skill of making icons, ill give it a 4/5 instead of 3/5.
-1p: it lacks the poison/venom (green) abit too much. To make it a venom arrow, add more green to it.

(-1p)
It doesn't need more green, he just needs to rework the green he has now and maybe make a background effect.

Level 16
Alright, i'll do a srs review..
First of all, It doesn't really look like an arrow, more like a spear.
Since arrow points are mostly a triangle, yeah you get my point.

It doesn't look a lot like poison either, I'd like to see some thick green liquid on that arrow rather than under it, if you get what I mean.

And I'd like the tip of the arrow to be more in focus, rather than the shaft.

And Arrows, are mostly facing downwards, so making an icon with it pointing up like it does here just enhances the feeling of it being a spear.

I recommend you to completely redo this :p

wjdg6e.jpg

/2 min work of random shit to give you an idea of the perspective I'm talking about

Level 12
Ok...dansaDisco has a VERY good point there...

1: it really looks like a spear...
2: it seems like the poison would be more like a gas coming from the arrow itself but not the very end of it (the sharp spot).

Level 13
Lawl your title xD

+Rep You know hah... BanEd, wait... needs a N more... NvM >_<"

I dunno how to improve...
Maybe let the poison slide on the stick?

Level 48
Okay, so you said you work on achieving WC3-ish icons... Take a look at some other arrows in WC3(Searing Arrows, Cold Arrows) and look how Blizzard made 'em. First of all, change the angle - simply enough rotate it to point towards the left-top corner. Second thing, remake the background, instead of that green wave of... thing you got there, make a "glow" that "fades" in a unique wave... Like, in a liquid-ish way. Also make the arrow itself have more poison on it, look at the Envenomed Spears icons to see what I mean, in your icon there's hardly any poison visible. Overall, it's a really nice icon and you indeed achieved having some Blizzard\WC3-ish feel on it. Good job.

+Rep, rated 4/5 and voted for approval.