• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(10)Felwood Sea V1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
(10)Felwood Sea V1.6

design by Zucth

(use about 12 hours to make this...)

Recommend to played: FFA, 5V5

Inspiration: Trade port, water, evil in the green, convenience, many races, mushroom trees, felwood forests, outland, labyrinths, normal melee

Story: The secret trade town of Felwood Was discovered shortly after the collapse of Athes shortly thereafter. Merchants were subjected to darkness and evil, devouring them to their original boundaries. Became many evil No one knows the reason for the source of the change. The remaining races believe that the only way they can get out of the maze is to kill all other races. Therefore, do not worry if it is found that some enemies are too strong because of the various tribes that have previously been allies. This trade city was once again called an independent secret trading city. Because regardless of whether the other party is an enemy or a friend, each receives fair trade ... but now there is only a story.

Note: If you are looking for a Epic Melee Map, with lots camping area, heroes farming, tons of loot and merchant house... just a Epic long map to play with friend I think this is what you are looking for

More Info: I put everything like randomness to make it look more natural. Including causing interesting play All players need to find new ways to play in different places. In this area, I would like you to focus on playing heroes. There is a great need, especially what we drop. Including levels that will create differences We try to bring out the specialness of the water unit as outstanding as possible. Including the rapid raids caused by a dimensional door near the house is considered to be a form of gaming that we see. But the game will depend on what you guys choose

Unit:
Extra Gold Mines: 4(Border)
Normal Gold Mines: 22

Extra Camp: 2(8 Doom Guard, 1 Storm Wym, 1 Boss)
Base Camp: 4(Undead, Naga, NightElf, Human)

-Camp- (+Base, +Tower, +Boss)
RED
: 23?
Yellow: ?(too many)
Green: ?(too many)

-(Sure)
Portals: 7
Market Place: 2
Green Dragon Roost: 1
Travern: 4
Goblin Lab: 3
Custom Shipyard: 6
Fountain of Life: 2(Ground)+ 2 (Sea)
Fountain of Mana: 3(Ground)+ 1 (Sea)
Mercenary Camp: 3
Goblin Merchant: 4

Custom Naga Merchant(power up): 3

Change Log:
1.1 Add Gate, Move Unit
1.2 Remove Gate(AI bug), Decrease camp(Tower, Ship, Remove 3 Ground Camp), Fixed terrain bug(rough area), add more boss, More Doodad(Detail)
Replace Boss, Add Boss Skill Added, Nurf Malfurion, Gold Mines(Orange), tile fixed(Green, Gray), Remove some sea camp, Change Doodad place, Move some camp, Added Camp Raid(Gray, Light Blue), AI Bug(Now AI that spawn in Orange, Red, Pink can start building but late...),
1.4 Gold Mines Stats Change
Base Start 52500 > 22500
Next to base Gold Mines 32500-42500 > 12500
Random Gold Mines 22500 > 8000
Extra Camp Gold Mines 72500 > 22000
Borders Gold Mines 92500 > 32500

-Change Neutral Monsters to Hostile
-High Elf Litunent
-Panda Brew Master
-Random camp
-Searinox(Move to near teal)

-Remove trees around the map
-Change Orc Shipyard to Undead Shipyard (Near Pink)
-Buff Boss Level, Item, Abd Skill!!!
-Water color Green > Dark Green

1.5 -Terrain Change-
Purple more area to build
Gray remove monster raid problem
Pink remove a whole higher area
Yellow more area to build
Red remake the area
Orange remake a whole area
Light Blue expand area to the jungle site
ADDED Dark Green(+1 Players) after see the problem of the void area between Blue and Gray
Expand shallow water area near
yellow, now ship can move through
Added more Shallow Water Area, for some who said that move unit around is pretty hard cause the way is a kind of under control so i make more possibility to get attack or camp

-
Doodad and creep added-
Add, Edit, Change a tons I won't say how many area that I have change
+Added custom units (
Elder Penguin: Lv:20 Hp:10K Atk:70 stand mid block the way near the mid travern well, replace spirit towers)

-
Shop things change-
all the
shipyard has change 1(Gob), 3(Und), 2(Hum) [TEST](so maybe we can have more of ship type, if this not work I will try to create a custom shipyard that available more sea units)
+1
Portal near Orange

-
Future?-
I will look for more possibility of sea units and special worker like
naga that will sell on shipyard... so what do you guy think though?

-
Detail Of Update-
I didn't change any of the old information yet like detail of the map like camp, unit, photo, map look, shop, change update. I will put it all up later,

-
Player 10>11 or up to you which version you prefer?

1.6 Update
remove 11 players version
Add Custom Shiyard[Ruins/Orges/Broken/Moon] and Naga Merchant
Check all the route terrain bugs, remade some place
Units[Camp] Moves/Remove
New Image Of 1.6[Map Icons]
Remove Shallow Water Tile Area[1.5 Update Add]
Contents

(10)Felwood Sea (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello and welcome to the hiveworkshop. I understand this is map is not meant to be a "normal" melee map. Most melee maps uploaded at the hiveworkshop are maps are intended to be "battle net ladder"-style maps. I tend to be quite critical with those...
mafe
After taking some time, I have come to the conclusion that this map even after the update is too far aways from anything that a melee player would expect. Most of the issues which I mentioned in my previous post still exist. Just for the sake of...
Level 8
  This map has some details that need to be improved.

Some players start from a small area, narrow road, resulting in units can not pass. In addition, the trees are scarce and the gold content in the gold mine is too much, so the Night Elves will be very popular in this map.

There are also neutral monsters whose camp is "neutral and invincible", not hostile. I don't know if it's the author's negligence or the author's intention to do so.

All in all, this map gives me the feeling of a battle map, not a confrontation map.

Level 26
  This map has some details that need to be improved.

Some players start from a small area, narrow road, resulting in units can not pass. In addition, the trees are scarce and the gold content in the gold mine is too much, so the Night Elves will be very popular in this map.

There are also neutral monsters whose camp is "neutral and invincible", not hostile. I don't know if it's the author's negligence or the author's intention to do so.

All in all, this map gives me the feeling of a battle map, not a confrontation map.
Let's me answer this. some players like pink, yellow, and orange will spawn in a small area that's true so these will have the wall strategy base or two base with a connect in the mid... For me it's some kind of the challenge if it's not right with someone thought I will apologize.
Gold Mines are a bit too much, that's true I made it that much cause the map right now I was focus at the portals so protect your first base will be important but some how I will decrease it as you have said.
decrease trees? I didn't think of that or maybe I will think about that more next update.
invisible neutral monster? which one? Maybe I have forgot to change that, could you please mention the location and the unit name?
Thank your for the comment! and yep! this will be more strategy than just a normal confrontation.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello and welcome to the hiveworkshop.
I understand this is map is not meant to be a "normal" melee map. Most melee maps uploaded at the hiveworkshop are maps are intended to be "battle net ladder"-style maps. I tend to be quite critical with those.
So as this map has a different purpose, I'm not sure how to grade it.

However, several issues stood out to me, which in my opinion also limit the fun when playing with friends against the AI:
-Many starting positions do not have enough trees or enough building space.
-At the grey starting location (and maybe others too), creep will attack the main base if you build something.
-Many parts of the map are very narrow. It will be annoying to move armies past tiny choke points. Many ramps are bugged and have tiles where units cannot walk (check pathing by pressing the "P" button).
-It is impossible to build town halls (or other main buildings) near some expansions.
-I have no clue what the itemdrops mean for the gameplay.
-The map is using patch 1.07 game data instead of the current patch. Please use "melee (latest patch)" in the game data settings. Or make changes until it say "melee map: yes" in the bottom right of the editor.

Right now, the map seems very confusing to me. Please address some of the issues, then I will have another look. Until the, map set to Awaiting Update.

Also, please consider if you want the map to be classified as "melee" or "altered melee". You have used both tags, but they are meant to be mutually exclusive.

Level 26
Hello and welcome to the hiveworkshop.
I understand this is map is not meant to be a "normal" melee map. Most melee maps uploaded at the hiveworkshop are maps are intended to be "battle net ladder"-style maps. I tend to be quite critical with those.
So as this map has a different purpose, I'm not sure how to grade it.

However, several issues stood out to me, which in my opinion also limit the fun when playing with friends against the AI:
-Many starting positions do not have enough trees or enough building space.
-At the grey starting location (and maybe others too), creep will attack the main base if you build something.
-Many parts of the map are very narrow. It will be annoying to move armies past tiny choke points. Many ramps are bugged and have tiles where units cannot walk (check pathing by pressing the "P" button).
-It is impossible to build town halls (or other main buildings) near some expansions.
-I have no clue what the itemdrops mean for the gameplay.
-The map is using patch 1.07 game data instead of the current patch. Please use "melee (latest patch)" in the game data settings. Or make changes until it say "melee map: yes" in the bottom right of the editor.

Right now, the map seems very confusing to me. Please address some of the issues, then I will have another look. Until the, map set to Awaiting Update.

Also, please consider if you want the map to be classified as "melee" or "altered melee". You have used both tags, but they are meant to be mutually exclusive.

After look on what are you talking about I have change a lot of things, maybe will update soon. I will talked about the change later. Anyway thank for the tips of using 'P' it help me a lot. First I would say that English us not my first language so it has a possibility of miss understand or using I will change it. Second, this is a one big problem, I dunno how to make it change to "melee-map: yes" and for the game data setting I don't know where it is either(or maybe it because I have a custom unit?)... but I will make a update first.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
After taking some time, I have come to the conclusion that this map even after the update is too far aways from anything that a melee player would expect.
Most of the issues which I mentioned in my previous post still exist.
Just for the sake of completion, here's the game data setting:
game data.png
And the problems which you would have to solve to make your map "melee map: yes":
meleemapno.png

Map set to substandard.