• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1 player LAN save code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Blizzard's Save/Load game state is disabled because it doesn't work properly with the game cache which is used for the chat system and a few minor things.

You need to use the password system for single player as well

Level 4
Uh... what? I"m not talking about the Blizzard save/load, I'm talking about why you made a code from a single player game (LAN or otherwise) unable to be loaded in a multiplayer.

Level 11
Okay, Single Player codes do not work in multiplayer because Singer Player offers cheat codes, and opens the world to hacks and 3rd party cheating programs to alter the hero.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Battlenet also lets you use third part programs to modify your game as long as you disconnect from it and not the other players you are with.
Equally well you can do this in LAN using direct IP clients where there is no problem with third party programs and cheat all you want.

I know this works cause A person I met used it to give unlimited charged items in a multiplayer game.

In the end, its better to ignore serious cheaters instead of making life hard for people who are playing fairly, as cheaters tend to stop playing and dissapear very quickly as its no fun once you have cheated.

Level 11
single player codes will never work in multiplayer, that is something I am staying firm on. My focus of attention for balance is designed with 4-5 players in mind

Single player is just way to easy (with the exception of bosses), and I am not going to focus on making that balanced + have to deal with people with easily edited chars

Status
Not open for further replies.