• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1 million dollars raised by gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Level 18
but im sure you werent one of the people to donate,admit it you just made this thread to feel good about yourself, you're just like those SONY 2021 fags. And what is this deed to show?That some gamers are good people?Okay but why tell us?Why dont you tell us about how the bikers/bakers/parachuters/hive mods (jk they're too greedy)/jihadists/hairdressers/etcand their deeds?

And gamers are worth to live as?Because a small group of them donated, that makes the entire group good?Seriously?

Chairity is a good and noble but if you donate just to look good in other's eyes ("gamers are worth to live"), giving yourself credit and drowning in pride, then you're just missing the point son.

Also so much money for good purposes? In 2007 the gamer popylation was around 270 milion imagine how much they are now and how few the people that donated are?Now compare that number to how many money are spend each year on new games consoles computer parts etc.

This thread is just a waste but im replying because im ddos-ing the hive.

Level 25
but im sure you werent one of the people to donate,admit it you just made this thread to feel good about yourself, you're just like those SONY 2021 fags. And what is this deed to show?That some gamers are good people?Okay but why tell us?Why dont you tell us about how the bikers/bakers/parachuters/hive mods (jk they're too greedy)/jihadists/hairdressers/etcand their deeds?

And gamers are worth to live as?Because a small group of them donated, that makes the entire group good?Seriously?

Chairity is a good and noble but if you donate just to look good in other's eyes ("gamers are worth to live"), giving yourself credit and drowning in pride, then you're just missing the point son.

Also so much money for good purposes? In 2007 the gamer popylation was around 270 milion imagine how much they are now and how few the people that donated are?Now compare that number to how many money are spend each year on new games consoles computer parts etc.

This thread is just a waste but im replying because im ddos-ing the hive.

If you think anyone donates for any other reason than to feel good, you are gravely mistaken. Men are selfish, it lies in our nature.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
No I did not donate because I dont have a credit card (yet).

the gamer are worth to live as was a kind of small joke, if you did not think it was funny then maybe it was pointless to put there.

Ok you got your point most gamers is FAR awey from noble, still 1 million dollars is still much monney and from a bad community its even more

(edit), also trolman your just bringing me down please dont repeat that, if you dont like this thread your not forced to read/care about it

Last edited:
Level 25
Athene won diablo 3 because his fans donated gold to him.

This is just to make him appear a little less douche.

BROTIP: Never watch any of his videos.

Also, "raised money for Africa" pretty much always gets lost in transit. Middle men in Europe/America, more middle men in Africa, corrupt officials all the way, at the end of the day the money raised will probably buy a crate of AK47s for a government to continue oppressing its people.

Level 18
donating for helping others and feeling good because you help others =ok
donating to feel good because you donated (aka moving the goal, not helping others but to look better in other's eyes) is selfish hypocracy.

Level 14
Athene is a douchebag, besides this only gives starving people food for a short time so they can reproduce and make more starving people, throwing food at poor people isn't going to solve anything. If you want a change, it has to be something more permanent.

Reactions: Rui
Level 25
Athene won diablo 3 because his fans donated gold to him.

This is just to make him appear a little less douche.

BROTIP: Never watch any of his videos.

Also, "raised money for Africa" pretty much always gets lost in transit. Middle men in Europe/America, more middle men in Africa, corrupt officials all the way, at the end of the day the money raised will probably buy a crate of AK47s for a government to continue oppressing its people.

A couple of things:

1) He started the fundraising before Diablo 3 was even released. Thus he didn't do it to seem less of a douche (at least not from anything Diablo related).

2a) Brotips are used to help out people with their problems. Just because you don't like his videos doesn't mean other people won't. In conclusion: Don't give subjective advices.

2b) Athene is a troll, his intention is to make people hate. Obviously you fell prey for this.

3) There are various ways charity organisations can help out countries. They can either send the charity money to the government for them to sort it out. This almost always results in abuse due to corruption and whatnot. OR they can travel to the countries themselves and personally make sure the money is used to help out the people there. Save the Children, to whom the money was donated, belongs to the latter.

Level 25
2a) Brotips are used to help out people with their problems. Just because you don't like his videos doesn't mean other people won't. In conclusion: Don't give subjective advices.

2b) Athene is a troll, his intention is to make people hate. Obviously you fell prey for this.

Oh dear. By your own logic, if he's a "troll" and his intention is to make people hate, then surely my brotip is helping out people that could potentially have a problem with his videos?

Your other two points in your post are both valid. You know more about the matter than I do, and in my ignorance I attacked this fundraising thing.

So let me leave you with another BROTIP: avoid attempting refuting each point of a target's post just to make it appear "even" or "complete".

Level 25
Oh dear. By your own logic, if he's a "troll" and his intention is to make people hate, then surely my brotip is helping out people that could potentially have a problem with his videos?

Your other two points in your post are both valid. You know more about the matter than I do, and in my ignorance I attacked this fundraising thing.

So let me leave you with another BROTIP: avoid attempting refuting each point of a target's post just to make it appear "even" or "complete".

That depends whether you are capable of seeing through his rather obvious trolling or not. I personally enjoy some of his videos, and his targets are mainly people who, for whatever subjective reasons, already dislike Athene and his videos. I suppose I should've explained myself better in this matter.

Also, a valid brotip this time. Actually helps out in some scenarios.

donating for helping others and feeling good because you help others =ok
donating to feel good because you donated (aka moving the goal, not helping others but to look better in other's eyes) is selfish hypocracy.

People only do the latter, or rather informed people only do the latter, fact is most of us realise that any money we raise is ultimately futile to help them, (specifically those in Africa) because where they live isn't suitable for humans, the problem is the land they live on, more than anything else - otherwise they'd have technologically advanced like the rest of us.

Also you don't donate consciously thinking "I want to help others" that's what you do to kid yourself, you donate thinking "It'd feel good, to donate some money" notice the "feel good" before the actual action, denoting that feeling good is what you really care about, because truthfully under any guise, that /is/ what you care about, yourself. Not people in Africa you don't know.

Level 25
People only do the latter, or rather informed people only do the latter, fact is most of us realise that any money we raise is ultimately futile to help them, (specifically those in Africa) because where they live isn't suitable for humans, the problem is the land they live on, more than anything else - otherwise they'd have technologically advanced like the rest of us.

Also you don't donate consciously thinking "I want to help others" that's what you do to kid yourself, you donate thinking "It'd feel good, to donate some money" notice the "feel good" before the actual action, denoting that feeling good is what you really care about, because truthfully under any guise, that /is/ what you care about, yourself. Not people in Africa you don't know.

I completely agree with this.

The reason Africa is such a terrible place for development is becuase the Europeans stripped it entirely from resources. Due to us feeling bad for what our ancestors did, we now donate, in hope to fix what our forefathers did wrong. Again, entirely for selfish reasons.

Level 36

Meanwhile, hundreds of babies die in Africa >.>

No, quite damned fucking honestly, you can't come here claiming that it's "the land they live in." Look at South Africa, their getting well on their way of having a hospitable living condition, look to the Caribbean, to take an example that's entirely borderline with the poorest places in Africa, it's doing pretty well for itself. So no, don't give me bullshit like that.

Regarding the "donating because we're selfish" part, well of course, even a half-wit could understand that, though the difference in this case is that doing it because it's "selfish" isn't a bad thing, in the end we do everything because we're selfish.

Addressing the issue of "it's not worth it" and "1 million dollars don't do squat," now one could argue that they don't care about other peoples lives, but I'll have you understand that 1 million american dollars can save QUITE a fuckload of Africans from dying from any kind of nasty illness, that and it'd probably go a long way in helping Africans with what they need the most to build up their own countries: Education.

Ignorant people who claim to be "informed" doesn't seem to have any kind of empathy for those in struggle, people that's never had to beg for money or for their lives rarely know how damned lucky they are...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
How much of the money donated actually goes to the children?!

I think that guy is a real ass who actually cannot play at all well. If you want real gamers just view the live streams at speeddemosarchive. Those guys play 12 hour sessions of classic games without the need of fan help.

Level 9
a real gamer would not think this guy even is an actual gamer.

look at his hair. he's more of a popstar than an actual gamer.

How much of the money donated actually goes to the children?!

I think that guy is a real ass who actually cannot play at all well. If you want real gamers just view the live streams at speeddemosarchive. Those guys play 12 hour sessions of classic games without the need of fan help.

and no, DSG, we don't need your obscure websites.

Level 19
I completely agree with this.

The reason Africa is such a terrible place for development is becuase the Europeans stripped it entirely from resources. Due to us feeling bad for what our ancestors did, we now donate, in hope to fix what our forefathers did wrong. Again, entirely for selfish reasons.

Well, no. It's mainly due to the political vacuum left after decolonization and the loans African countries took. The problem with aid is that it's often used for tractors, machines and other fancy things, and once they break nobody can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.