1. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.9 PTR PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I assume next patch has to be the 1.33 that includes the profiles or whatever they promised before release

unless they pull something like 1.32.9.1 or 1.32.9b that would be unepic

2. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Lord_Earthfire: Getting myself ready for any upcoming "Don't you guys have recent and powerful desktop PC computers" meme...
    :wink:

@Uncle: Yes, but do not forget that what is referred to as 'the Classic Team' as a whole, is working on three classic games. Maybe this should also be taken into account.

3. LazZ

LazZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    or maybe just 1.32.10 ? 1.33 is probably still months away.

4. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Terms like underwhelming, mediocre, unepic, too-little-too-late are all signatures of Wc3 Reforged. To have it otherwise is to not be Reforged lol.

5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

6. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not surprised.

Eventually it will be patched with what old had my guess is 2022.

Never buying a blizzard product again though. Granted the last thing i ever bought from blizz before reforged was WoW:WoD before i laughed the bnet app right off my entire PC

They can join Bethesda and Bioware in the studios that are now shell puppets catagory.

Dont expect anything worthwhile from the three Bs of gaming.

Spend your money on passionate developers like Obsidian, Larian, Cdprojekt, Remedy, Firaxus, Atlus or the always fantasic Nihon Falcom with their Ys and Trails games.

Hell even wide eyed brand new studios like Warhorse (kingdome come deliverance) and Owlcat (pathfinder kingmaker / wrath of the rightious) are putting them to shame.

The only thing carry bethesda the Publishers name right now is ID because its ID. They already soundly destroyed the Wolfenstein brand in recent years.

But tard fans will eat the next fallout and elder scrolls up just like they will contiue to eat the next WoW up and the next Call of Duty and Overwatch and all the other once great games franchises that were destroyed in the name of racking in those sheckles. So its never gonna stop.

Gaming is great though we are still in a huge rennisance iin gaming and it hasnt stopped.

Crpg isometric rpgs took off
    Turn based rpgs took off
    Quality over quantitt open world rpgs finally
    Grand strategy has taken off
    Tactical strategy
    A somewhat rocky resurgence of remakes in all genres
    Massive amount of promising new studios releasing a amazing hit first game on par with industry veterans
    Side scrolls metroidvabia

We just havnt QUITE seen the full takeoff of the RTS resurgence.

Not to be confused with tactics games, or turn or grand strat.

And certainly not mobas. Mobas replaced rts is the dumbest comment ever their not even close in scope like comparing isometric rpg to mass effect.

Theyre both rpgs hurrrr subgenres matter

Ill always play a rts over grand strat and ill always play a party based isometric rpg over a third person one.
    Thats me though

End rant

~~~~Fin

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The one guy they have working on this from his one-room apartment deserves some props for making the best with what he's been given but I'm sure those kudos won't make the multiple nights of hot pockets and plain ramen taste much better. It also doesn't make this remaster any better either.

8. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought you were the Anaxie/Avarie in the WoW forums

9. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I drew a comic that sums up my theory about what's happening at Activision-Blizzard right now.
    Reforged Comic 1.png

10. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone recent is an imposter from when i was e-famous in that community

Ive onlynposted in reforged to fix that shit game.

But really its useless your better off messaging Kam here to get results

@Homor

The hive could handpick 5 people to go to blizzard and have all their resources and could fix the game in probably a week. Thats whats sad about this whole fiasco

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  11. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can we get a sound fix. Sound3DSimulation library was working fine on 1.26, and now it is 100% nonfunctional. what gives?

12. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so are you telling me the sound issue is the one you think is important atm?

13. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Kakerate: I am interested in a link.

If it is an audio wrapper, then maybe another one might do the trick? Like:
    Who uses IndirectSound and/or Creative ALchemy?

For the record, Blizzard dropped the Miles Sound System with 1.30.0, which has been replaced by FMOD Ex since then afaik. Also, starting with Windows Vista, some DirectX audio APIs have been deprecated, and some of the audio rendering may work differently (that is why software such as CoolSoft MIDIMapper exists, btw) on modern OSes. So, maybe this Sound3DSimulation software is very much out of date? or plain incompatible with FMOD ex, depending on how it works?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  14. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    So they replaced the sound engine with a new one that doesn't allow changing of sound volumes? That's all the Sim3D sound library is doing. But maybe you can change game volumes, but just not for imported sounds? Using .mp3s btw.

The link you provided is interesting, but it couldn't be bundled with the map so it's not preferential for me.

heres what im using: [System] Simulate 3D Sound

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  15. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No, they wouldn't. It is a classic that some newcomers in a company think "yeah, there is so much stuff going wrong, i can fix that easily.". Then they go into the place and begin working. Then they face what piece of crap the people before them have produced. They may even think "Well shit, it will probably take a year or so, but it will work out". This statement would be even true, but then everything around them in the workplace comes crashing down. From erratic project managers that change the requirements on the fly to coworkers that spew out such a toxic work enviroment that half your time is occupated with the shit the other people throw around. And then you look at how much money you make at that shithole of a job and think "well, i could work on this with passion for low wage, or i can move somewhere else."

And then these people leave, leaving behind unfinished work that pile up on that mess of a project, making progress for newcomers even more difficult. And most of the work these people did will go to waste because of course they got no time to make a proper documentation of their work. And when they given um they no longer care if the people after them can work properly.

Changing these kind of structures is an absolute nightmare to pull off, which i can tell from experience. So no, i don't think the issues are neither easy to fix nor just need more people. This needs more fundamental change within the company and/or the higher ranks of the management.

16. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds to me like those companies need a lot more people working and a lot less people in charge.

17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    your imposter is quite famous in the High Elf threads btw

18. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thread updated with the latest balance changes.

19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No, not really. One or two people in the wrong positions can create structures like this, given enough time. Even more so, too few people in charge (meaning: strict, very linear hierarchies) can actually cause these structures. Although these exist in companies with very flat hierarchies either. Mainly because the problem does not only come from leading staff, but to the same degree from cliques and liars/blamings within the working staff. You need to break up the cliques, get rid of the lying/blaming problem and cause a change in the leading behaviour of the managment.

So this does not depend entirely on the pure amount of people. But rather on the companies core values and the control of these among the whole staff. A few rotten apples do indeed spoil the whole basket.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  20. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Chimera no longer nukes your own bear units.

THANK GOD. Fuck friendly fire