• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I will buy it once Custom csmpaigns become available. Then I will play the Blizzard campaigns and afterwards decide how much time I want continue to invest in this game.
I stand on the same ground, the only reason would be custom campaigns, and after that, shelve it to never look at it again. (Unless, highly doubting it, unless they fix everything)

Level 6
All these changes and patch releasing frequency looks like there is literally one guy working on it... Maybe 2 part-time ? I am soft-dev myself, when i consider number of changes and time it took, like if you are fully focused on one project ("Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have a dedicated team here focused on Warcraft III."), i mean if company like Activision/Blizzard has detached entire team on some project, with their sources, that should be team full of senior game designers/engine devs, with high quality management. Team which would be able to release minor patches like this one on daily basis. Then the question is, why it takes approx one month to release minor patch in such a controversial project. Is worktime of this "dedicated" team like 1 day per month ? Are members of that team properly educated to handle it ? How many devs exactly are part of the team ? Or maybe Actizzard just doesn't care about project after that refunding explosion and hate from community (which obviously was deserved). One way or another, the result is still the same. They killed it. They have killed the game which made Blizzard big. When i first heard about reforged and saw the con cinematic, i just cannot describe those feelings. Game which had so big impact on my childhood. Game which actually made me to choose soft-dev career. Then they've added lua support into engine which would make so many new possibilities in map developing and then they've released it. That overpriced 30hz animated piece of garbage, including probably 30% of promised and instead of proper apology, just another arrogant statements. Yes i refunded it and promised i am done with Actizzard canceling my world of warcraft sub either. I cannot stand company which keep lying to people who fills their pockets, they really think we are that stupid ? That we cannot realize simple facts ? That we don't have enough of this populistic nonsense ? (Say what they wanna hear, show them what they wanna see, just never the truth). I've still had little hope, that just maaaaybe actizzard realized how colossal mistake they made, and tries to fix it proper way, with tones of patches including promised content as fast as possible, but today i finally admitted it. They don't care, game is dead... the only thing why these one-guy made minor patches coming out each month is to keep those few remaining game owners who didn't refund it from doing so, cus all they care about is greed. I don't know what gotta happen so they'll finally realize that "GREEDISNOTGOOD", but one thing is for sure. Warcraft 3 as we knew it and as community kept it alive all those years, is now gone. I feel mainly sorry for all map makers and resource designers who spent tones of hours into it. It is really sad story of game which was source of several new gaming genres, one of them enormously successful. P.S. Mr Actizzard, Mount and Blade: Bannerlord project was released 3 days ago as an early access, last 2 day they released 2 patches based only on community feedback, each bigger than your month patch... that's how it looks like when "dedicated team" really focus something... sorry for long post i've had this inside me for a long time and maybe someone's gonna relate.

Level 20
All these changes and patch releasing frequency looks like there is literally one guy working on it... Maybe 2 part-time ?
I think you're being a bit too dramatic, but overall I do agree with your point - there's a strong chance that the majority of Reforged team has moved on to something else and there's only a small skeleton crew that works on the patches. That would explain why things are moving slow.

Then the question is, why it takes approx one month to release minor patch in such a controversial project.
Because money. Reforged doesn't have any ongoing monetization and chances are that it didn't really make much profit, considering that the interest seemed low even before the game came out and many people who were interested refunded shortly after release. And since working on Reforged isn't profitable, Blizzard has limited itself to doing the absolute bare minimum.

They have killed the game which made Blizzard big.
As much as I love Warcraft 3, it wasn't the game that made Blizzard big - World of Warcraft was and as far as I know, it's still doing relatively fine.

Yes i refunded it and promised i am done with Actizzard canceling my world of warcraft sub either.
I think it's enough to stop giving them preferential treatment (i.e. stop pre-purchasing or buying on day 1, because "it's Blizzard and Blizzard always makes good games, so I can buy their stuff without doing any research").

they really think we are that stupid ?
Sadly - and this might be a controversial opinion - most people are that stupid and/or don't give a crap about the value of their purchases.

Level 12
Is it possible for Blizz to further expand the map bounds of the editor to something higher than 480x480 in the future? I don't feel as if its a sufficient enough size for 24 players. And does anyone have any idea of some time frame Blizz would be re-releasing the custom campaign feature in Reforged?

I've been following the release of Mount & Blade: Bannerlord now... it has had a patch every day now for the past week, each bringing substantial improvements. Youtube videos showing bugs and exploits are obsolete before they finish uploading. Meanwhile, we're lucky to have one each month for this game. It's a pity.

Level 19
I've been following the release of Mount & Blade: Bannerlord now... it has had a patch every day now for the past week, each bringing substantial improvements. Youtube videos showing bugs and exploits are obsolete before they finish uploading. Meanwhile, we're lucky to have one each month for this game. It's a pity.
dont you dare comparing a small indie studio with TaleWorlds Entertainment
Screenshot_1.jpg

Man, I don't know who made this, but I was literally crying and laughing at the same time. Quality shitpost right there.

Edit: Holy shit, this seems to be official. As in, someone on Blizzard's side wrote this down and put it up. Imagine that. Why would someone self humiliate like that?

It is not official. For the video, I modified the contents of the website I was reading to be about the Classic Games team. The true website, if it is still up to this day, is documenting the release of The Frozen Throne in 2003. I was reading a parody I wrote of the 17 year old text.

Level 16
It is not official. For the video, I modified the contents of the website I was reading to be about the Classic Games team. The true website, if it is still up to this day, is documenting the release of The Frozen Throne in 2003. I was reading a parody I wrote of the 17 year old text.
Well done nonetheless. Yeah, it could've been that. It could've.

Level 13
*Awaiting monthly patch*
Honestly, it's not that surprising. Judging by the patch cycle, and the amount of fixes in each one, well........let's just say, don't expact the next patch untill the whole situation with COVID-19 has been solved.

All in all, what I'm trying to say here, at this point we can safely say: If you wanna play Warcraft 3 in a forseeable future, you'll have to download an unofficial previouse patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.