1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems from that post that they lied about hosting the games on their servers. Wait until the reforged userbase discovers that the multiplayer experience was better in the pre-1.29 patches, the ones where the bots still worked, people will drop the official client to play multiplayer fast, then again I've seen the number of players in eurobattle increase

I wonder in how many more ways can Blizzard destroy the game and split the community

"Blizzard has left the game.” must be the most ironic bug, makes me smile every time

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    but hey what about glorious reforged mapmaking revolution i've been told? where is it?

3. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    It happened. Except its like 1917 Russian Revolution. So the mapmaking is devastated and starving at the moment.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh god, there are 80 years of wc3 communism ahead

6. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tbh, I never really played this game that much with randoms through battle.net or garena or whatever. I have for the most time played with friends or alone. After they fixed the hosting issue on battle.net I have been playing much much more, mostly private games with a bunch of friends. Never have I ever played a custom campaign either. I am not as freaked out as most people on this forum even though I have refunded and refuse to play the game before they change/fix it really hard.

My personal expectations from this game was: Incredible new campaign (didn't happen), arranged teams (idk if this worked, haven't checked), World Editor improvements (There has been some I guess, but not amazing) and I didn't want features to fade away (on principle. But mostly features I personally used).

Hence, if my personal expectations are somewhat satisfied, I will buy the game and have some fun.

7. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Welcome to the gaming industry. Most players buy games and only use singular parts of it (like i consider campaigns in most games being extended tutorials and thus don't touch them. Honestly, i didn't used any of the features that were lost with reforged...). Nowadays you need to provide multiple packages that probably wont be used by everybody to get enough players. Except when you move in the indie market. There you need to provide a niche and need to fill it to the fullest.

Although the communication of the warframe team is so extensive, frequent and wholesome that i can fully understand the massive Tenno-swarm that defends their devs.

8. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, new ToS are basically Stalinist already.
    "If you're not with us, you're against us."

9. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    The thing that saddens me the most about the whole thing with this patch is that I don't expect to see another patch in at least a month from now. :(

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The importance is for all the options to be there, none taken out. New ones? That's great! But never useful ones absent.

That if the game has multiplayer as well.
    If you're not a story person, that's you but you still use the editor pretty extensively and play with others. That's about 2.5/3 of the game.

It better be good too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  11. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am afraid this is going to turn into meme... "Year 2025: Retria still asking for custom campaigns on blizzard forums."
    [​IMG]

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hopefully, they'll understand that privacy is a must and they shouldn't control everything.

13. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    "Hey, Bob, have we fixed custom campaigns yet?"
    "Yeah, I've just seen someone thanking us on forums, so someone on the team must've had 'em fixed."
    "Okay, so I'm deleting custom campaigns from backlog. Moving on."

14. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To be honest, I don't think Blizzard can fix Reforged, no matter how many patches they put out.

Its certainly possible to fix the game at a core level, but doing so would require time, resources and money that I can't imagine a company like Blizzard would ever want to invest in a game that already sold as many copies as its going to. Once you get past launch month and fufill the preorders, there's no more incentive for the publisher to greenlight any major overhauls or fixes outside of an expansion pack. And of course, if they did that, you'd have to pay more money just to get the game in the state its supposed to be in.

The fundamental problem is Blizzard have stated they have no plan on adding in high fidelity cutscenes, they're not going to overhaul campaign maps and they're not changing the core game in any significant way. Even if they managed to read all the features they overlooked, the game would still just be Warcraft 3 with prettier graphics. That's it.

"Warcraft 3 overhauled into a modern AAA gaming experience" is a lot more exciting and interesting than "HD mod for WC3." That's something you can't patch out. The design of the game is fundamentally broken. We don't need Warcraft 3 again, we already had it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    its not even about unwillingness to invest into a dead game, its about unwillingness to invest into a game which gave blizzard the most hated game title on metacritic

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think that was the plan with some minor things to "connect" to WoW here and there.

17. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    i sadly must agree, though theyve arguably already done this with d3 and ROS, but the d3 backlash was never like reforged.

and have the nerve to openly blame the community for their backlash....

18. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you have legitimate bugs with documented evidence preferably screenshots i suggest messaging Kam and avoiding the official forums since its unlikely the community managers even give a shit.

Kam relayed the info for fixing the broken hyjal mission from feeback and hes already taken mine to fix another 2 broken missions for the next upcoming patch.

Those wondering upcoming fixes are the gates in A new power in lordaeron which break the AI in rrforged since they are intact and not broken by default and illidans missing inventory in Classic RoC after he eats the skull which is an old 1.31 bug

19. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bugs and hotfixes aren't even on my shortlist, personally. Step one before anything else should be readding single player and custom campaigns. When major features of the original game get completely lost, top priority should be adding them back.

20. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    What about gates in battle for theramore? Same issue.