• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a problem, everytime I try to save a map with JNGP that contains errors jasshelper stops and shows "errors found, please wait.." but than nothing happens and I have to close jassshelper with taskmanager

Level 2
Well I guess I have no choice but to hack old maps to be able to play them, which will be tricky to say the least considering that forums like this don't support map deprotection, and I can't say I blame them for having this stance, either. Thankfully I have an older version of warcraft 3 that is not patched so I can use the world editor on that. I'm still not happy, but things are looking a tiny bit better, from my point of view. If any mac users need some help in this department, then you can pm or email me.

I just wish this patch actually fixed the problem, because that makes me even more annoyed.

Level 10
OMFG some error that showed in we isnt showed in jngp,
i had an error as ' attemp to index an none-indexable vars'' but my variable is an index and were working before new patch........ o_O
if u use special effect array dont make them indexed o_O i dont know if it will fix my problem.... if its this a lot map will probly get affected like this o_O maybe its was unlucky from mine ... but i would like to other poeple to try to see if its only me or evry1 o_O

edit : what i think error from Blizzard,that being created when changing some vars or idk!!!! cuz theres nothing that talking bout new vars that cant be indexed now o_O..... this new patch will be a pain for new devloppers o_O

Level 12
Ok, you can dis BLizz now.
I used alot of the new natives, and they all don't work and bug like @#$.
All old stuff is going to die.
Hopefully most of you can learn how to fix broken maps, sa they don't kill you in annyoance.
Maybe Blizz will make it's own map fixer that whenever it see H2I it replaces it.
That is only a dream though.
At least it broke DotA! =D

Level 23
Karune (blizz poster) said:
DoTA Update
For those playing DoTA on Battle.net, currently the latest version that is working correctly online is 6.59d. We are actively working with Icefrog to get the later versions to be compatible with the new map.

**UPDATE** 6.61c works on Patch 1.24 now.

You can get the latest compatible version at www.getdota.com (6.59d).

Unfortunantly no. Dota was added to the exception list.

Level 15
Ok, you can dis BLizz now.
I used alot of the new natives, and they all don't work and bug like @#$.
All old stuff is going to die.
Hopefully most of you can learn how to fix broken maps, sa they don't kill you in annyoance.
Maybe Blizz will make it's own map fixer that whenever it see H2I it replaces it.
That is only a dream though.

new natives dont work? i would be glade that u show me which is the one coz for me everything works!

Level 12
Oh!
Well, I am new to Jass anyway, and I know I got some probelm somewhere.
I'll PM you my srcpit that i'm having problems with later.
I forgot that DotA was NOT broken, because it gets a pass.
Blizz and Icefrog should jsut become one. They work so close anyway.
I hope some maps like Humans vs Orcs doesnt't break.

Level 10
o_O so as i see, hashtable works on certain poeple and not with other..... i think its will probly only work if u save with we o_O or what ever it is they Failed, they should use this patch on westfall beta o_O but no........ sometime im thinking wc3 devloppers are better than Blizzard devloppers, we also find all glitch and bug for them ........ they didnt work hard on new patch >.> for my own they could do alot more better .... imagin all the fucking cash they lost cuz of they stupidity sigh.......lot poeple will do overtime cuz of some d*ckhead @_@

btw Normal,Gui/mui,Vjass works good i got no error on things, be sure to do all they told like unchek reinventine the craft & umswe, some variable are screwed and cant be index at all anywhere and jngp wont give it as error and normal we will, new patch added more bugs that its had before >.>

im also thinking what is EGUI ?
hashtable is used for gamecache and save/load system ?

Level 19
Let's just wait in anticipation for the new fixing patch, Blizzard did this because he loves the mappers who upgraded Warcraft III for them... For free!

Level 15
im also thinking what is EGUI ?

EGUI = Extra GUI! and it will come with JNGPS which will work for 1.24+!

still i would like to delay the release since i got info that cJass will be updated somewhere at the end of this month... so ill see, maybe ill just upload it now and then laiter release new version (with new cjass) or simply wait for cjass...

Level 5
If there was no battle.net (or if it becomes payed) i think hive would release it's own warcraft 3 patches. A most reasonable thing to do for respected company NOT!!
Also the Karune is worst Community manager ever. Lol he is Korean, Koreans don't want Warcraft they want Starcraft. Also some other CM are more open to general public for questions etc. Even if they're milking you're money or no. The Warcraft III died with 1.22 patch and last campaign they added in it.R.I.P for not so cared game anymore.

Level 15
What can we do to erm... Help those with affected maps?

maybe writing the tool which seeks for all bug returns.. but however it would be possible only for H2I, other ones like I2H or I2G... G2R... will not be possible.

so since some maps are protected, the only way to fix this maps is that maker recodes it to work with 1.24+

Level 12
OH!
I thought you meant the WE didn't work. Srry!
Confusions always sounds like Confucious!
EDIT: They damage the .wtg file in some way. I don't know what they do to stop mpq editors form opening.
If you use magos, it is NO gonna work, because I think they destroy the listfile, and Magos MPG browser works like @#$# when there is no listfile.
Try like MPQmaster or something.
My Jasscraft MPQ editor allowed me to hack a map by Hvo.Komobuster, to fix a bug he wrote. I don't know how that works, but try some stuff, and maybe it will work.

Level 12
Hopefully, blizz will somehow UNFIX this, but in a way that lets us NOT write trojans.
We need a whole bunch of map mods, who go around, find broken stuff, ask the maker if he is going to fix it, wait for a reply, if they don't get a reply, fix it, and re-upload and somehow shove some credit of themselves in if they like, so all the maps get fixed.
Or we could just do it, because that would take time. Lots and lots of time. =D
The only problem is, is that there is no way of knowing from the Hive whether a map is infected. You have to go "hmmmmm...." and check it out. Then you find some way to deprotect it (which is not advised at the hive, but as long as you're not stealing it) and fix the return bug.

Why doesn't someone make a tool to fix it? It would just scan the .j file for typecasting, and fix it. I can't create anything like that, but I'm sure some of the talented people like Vex or Dark Dragon could.

Level 3
i think that if there's gonna be a group of mods that go around fixing the broken maps, they should make sure that someone wants the map fixed. otherwise a lot of stupid broken maps will be fixed for no reason lol.

Level 12
I was just on B.ent, and here is what happened on a map....
After about 5 seconds of gameplay, I got a error message:
c++ overflow

Debug notes:
Code containing
call (A whole bunch of crap here) Realplaer/realplayer.exe

Wc3 just tried to open Realplayer!
So, what I did was instantly turn off my computer, because it might be worming around.
Do not hit the DEBUG button. It may jsut be what sets off the full virus.
I guess Blizz had a good reason to fix this. Lets hoep they fix the WHOLE DAMN THING NOW!
I hope my warcraft computer isn't broken, or else someone ban "broco-" at B.net west.

Level 12
I was just on B.ent, and here is what happened on a map....
After about 5 seconds of gameplay, I got a error message:
c++ overflow

Debug notes:
Code containing
call (A whole bunch of crap here) Realplaer/realplayer.exe

Wc3 just tried to open Realplayer!
So, what I did was instantly turn off my computer, because it might be worming around.
Do not hit the DEBUG button. It may jsut be what sets off the full virus.
I guess Blizz had a good reason to fix this. Lets hoep they fix the WHOLE DAMN THING NOW!
I hope my warcraft computer isn't broken, or else someone ban "broco-" at B.net west.

I believe that is the problem with your computer not the patch. That must be a worm.

Level 15
Why doesn't someone make a tool to fix it? It would just scan the .j file for typecasting, and fix it. I can't create anything like that, but I'm sure some of the talented people like Vex or Dark Dragon could.
It's already being done on wc3c. The problem isn't just the typecasting...this patch ruined a lot of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.